It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecys VS. Current Events

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok guys ive always been wanting to find some good prophecies and compare tem with whats going on in are world today well i have..
These are some direct exercts from the king james version of the bible.. The new testament book mark chapter 13 verses 5 thru 16...
13:5
And jesus answering then began to say take heed lest any man decive you:
13:6
For many shall come in my name saying I am christ; and shall decive many.
13:7
And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled for such things must be; But the end shall not be yet.
13:8 For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be Earthquakes in Divers Places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginings of sorrows.
13:9
But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils: and in the synogauges ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake: for a testimony against them:
13:10
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
13:11
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought before hand what ye shall speak, neither do you premeditate: But whatsoever shall be give in to you in that hour that speak ye, for its not ye who speak but the holy ghost.
13:12
Now brother shall betray brother to death, and the father the son: and children there parents; and shall cause them to be put to death.
13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake: but he shall that endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by the prophet paul daniel standing where it ought not, then let them that be in judÆ flee to the mountains:
13:15
And let him thaat is on the house top not go down into the house, neither enter there in, to take anythin out of his house.
13:16
And let him that is in the field not trun back again to take up his garmnent.

Okay now that i have all of that down im going to coment on it...
13:5-6 for many shall come in my name. (false prophets) PY many belive the Pope a possibillity if you read his doctrine agreement w/e it says he is christ in his absence or even a clone of jesus which sum1 may clame to be..
13:7 Wars- Iraqi Freedom, war on terrorisim, the israeli muslim war... Rumours of wars- US vs. N.Korea and/or China and/or Iran.. The civil war of 2005 by John Titor
13:8WW3 maybe and EarthQuakes in divers places EarthQuakes in the ocean??? Tsunamis.. Already happening that huge one not to long ago... famines and troubles? what is most of Africa???
13:9Councils.. U.N.... The muslims taking hostages?!?!rulers and kings.. Osama, Saddam, AL QUAIDEA...
13:10 in all nations Any one know how many languages the bible is translated in ???
13:11-16 these prophecies are being fulfilled slowly...

Now thats my interprtation i would love to hear yours and what you think of mine please put w/e you think thanks...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nah, just your mind taking very cryptic words and connecting them to current events. This can be done for almost everything. Remember, people have been doing this same thing for hundreds upon hundreds of years.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
explain to me... cause umm it looks to me pretty obvious that the time is really now,,,

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
explain to me... cause umm it looks to me pretty obvious that the time is really now,,,

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, lets break it down step by step then.

And jesus answering then began to say take heed lest any man decive you, For many shall come in my name saying I am christ; and shall decive many.

Now, you said this is a reference to Ratzinger. But the pope has never said that he was Jesus, he's just the pope. Theres been many many popes, his popification does not make him the anti-christ.

And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled for such things must be; But the end shall not be yet.

You mentioned the war in iraq, and afghanistan. Theres been wars, all over the world, since the dawn of man, this is nothing new, and its not a sign. Any war couldve been considered a sign, World War II, Vietnam, the Spanish-American War, the Crusades. Your just grasping at straws.

As for everything else, I really don't need to respond to each one. Much of these things can be seen all throughout history, and really is nothing new now.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yep, looks pretty bad. What are you going to do about it?
15 yrs old and not a chance in hell of making it to 20.

Iv'e been hearing end times prophecies since I was your age and they just come and go. Remember Y2k when everybody was stocking up on food and guns. Back in 75 the Jehovas Witnesses predicted the end; didnt happen so they just moved it forward and it didn't happen again.

Your Bible says no one will know the time or place, so relax and enjoy your teenage years. Soon enough you will have adult problems like how am I going to pay my bills and take care of my kids.

If you're really worried; PRAY FOR PEACE

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone has checked out bible code software? It has shown things from a historical point in time, but also points to things in the future. The closest thing to look for is the WMD's (Sadam's) that were supposedly smuggled through the Becca valley (Syria) and are supposed to be used in the year 2005. Time will tell. Another prediction is an incoming comet (civilization ender) in the year 2012 ( Maya also imply that year)
The one I am really looking forward to is the discovery of the Arc of the Covenant. It details precisely where it lies buried under the sand... maybe this is why we invaded Iraq? (sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As in all prophecies and current events that happen over time, there will be always conspiracy theories.... Now don't get me wrong. I beleive there are and will be an endtimes. But, as previous writers, indicated, these prophecies, and people linking them to their current times, have been ongoing for centuries............. I will not doubt, that our age, has been one of marvelous discovery, inventions, and rapid technologies... maybe it's a sign of things to come. Note, Jesus stated clearly that, these are just the beginning of sorrows.. (What will be worse than random bombings, and people living in fear?) who knows?

Also, the Bible codes are just a farce, and a conspiracy, made by man. It's starnge, we are midyear, and we have no attack by these so called WMD, Saddam, suppose to possess.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
in the year 999, the popular theory was the world would end in 1000. ditto 1999.

the end is near !

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Jesus is speaking of the end times, where there are to be false prophets, and people who claim to be jesus. "and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name sake" this means christians will be persecuted, which is already happening today. "they will deliver you up to synagogues to be put to death" this, i believe is a metaphor because the government will persecute christians. This is all happening now, it happens on ATS! How many Christians on this board are called ignorant and ridiculed?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i am a christian .. and i don't feel riduculed, or embarrased. It's people's opinion. Do these fellow members of ATS, burn down your homes, beat you imprison you, ban you from being a member of ATS? i don't think So.....

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Keyboard the arc of the covenant is in ethiopa in a church with armed guards around it... there was a special on the discovery channel these 2 guys tracked it down all the way to that point and were stopped from seeing it because of the high preist of the church he and the caretaker were the only ones aloud to see it till the next generation the highpriest was 110 years old...

I have been "made fun of" for being christian on here aswell... people calling my religion prehistoric..

Regardless i understand that these end times have been linked to current events for many many decades... But honestly i belive it also talks about robots coming... (clones) and man playing god once again clones... with all the prophecy being fullfilled i think its very possible the repture will be soon..

GET SAVED

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Also I believe the rapture will be soon

what a farce! could you tell me inspiring youth, where in the bible is that found?
Inspire me and the others on this thread abit

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
WHEN YOU READY INSPIRING YOUTH YOU WILL ANSWER MY POST. iF YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
k numb nuts let get it strainght i am a inspiring youth.. not one inspiring others.. K and i said "i belive" my oppinion okay.. not to mention i never said it said that in the bible i said sighns point to it... current events... got it. Grow a Brain then come back.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
inspiringyouth, personal attacks are not allowed so please refrain.

crusader, in reference to the rapture, please use the following link and scroll down to my reply.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know there is a verse in the bible where its states that no man knows the day nor the hour of the lords return...... history is our best indicator of human nature..... you dont have to be a prophet to know where the story ends..... however it will end for sure just as the bible says..... and the day and hour that no man expects it.... will be when the world is completely athiest,... long after our going....and the bible will be a forgoten text on the shelves of the archihives.... his return and the end will come as a great suprise to a world who has forgotten him..... read Ecclesiastes chapter 1 verses 9-11...... we are so forgettful

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Jesus is speaking of the end times, where there are to be false prophets, and people who claim to be jesus. "and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name sake" this means christians will be persecuted, which is already happening today. "they will deliver you up to synagogues to be put to death" this, i believe is a metaphor because the government will persecute christians. This is all happening now, it happens on ATS! How many Christians on this board are called ignorant and ridiculed?

So let me get this straight, just because people disagree with you, or have different opinions, or they call you rediculous names they are persecuting you? Call back when you get dragged from your home, have all of your posessions taken away and beaten in the street. THAT is persecution.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Isa 60:8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
Isa 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
Isa 60:10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favor have I had mercy on thee.

Israel is a nation again.
This event is also mentioned by Jesus in a parable of a fig tree.

more

Eze 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
Eze 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Jer 30:18 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have mercy on his dwelling places; and the city shall be built upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.
Jer 30:19 And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
Jer 30:20 Their children also shall be as formerly, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them.
Jer 30:21 And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD.
Jer 30:22 And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Eze 34:12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
Eze 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
Eze 34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

Israel is in fact a nation again after being wiped off the map and the people scattered for 2000 years.

Its undeniable

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

So let me get this straight, just because people disagree with you, or have different opinions, or they call you rediculous names they are persecuting you? Call back when you get dragged from your home, have all of your posessions taken away and beaten in the street. THAT is persecution.

So capt avatar please enlighten me on whats going on in isreal right now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join