It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hole in the ozone layer has closed up!

page: 1

join
share:
Jes

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Did anyone hear about this? What do you guys think caused this? I heard about this in a program in Spanish called "Misterios del Tercer Milenio". They were saying how it seems like something closed up the hole on purpose only in that area. How about the volcanoes? Did anyone hear about the 3 volcanoes that were erupting. (2 in Mexico, and one in Cuba i think) and that there would of been another one, i don't remember where, but a cigar shaped UFO, entered the valcano, and it didn't erupt.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Jes]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Do you have a source for this info? A link would be helpful!

Jes

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was looking for it but i cant find it. That's why i asked if anyone else has heard about this. Maybe someone can back me up because i was looking for this information under that programes web site but i'm not too good when it comed to finding information that way. This happend like a month and a half ago. If you come up with anything, inform me. Maybe you could do some research under "the ozone layer" or something.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't have a link, but the ozone hole is seasonal. Its not there all the time but generated at certian times of the year. It also changes size and moves as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here

www.usatoday.com...

GENEVA (AP) — The seasonal "ozone hole" over the South Pole has disappeared again after reaching record size earlier this year, U.N. officials said Thursday.

The hole is a thinner-than-usual area in the protective layer of gas high up in the Earth's atmosphere. It has been forming in the extremely low temperatures that mark the end of Antarctic winter every year since the mid-1980s, largely due to chemical pollution.

The hole forms in August or September as Antarctica's long, dark winter is ending. It normally fills in by December.

This year, the hole peaked at 10.81 million square miles in mid-September — matching the record size set three years ago.

new topics

top topics

join