It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I believe that I just put it over the top with my 500K donation.

Thanks for paying the tab! 500k thats crazy!!!! O yea ADIVSOR thats my Illuminati gang sign West Coast style lol

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
While I like the fact the ATS council is coming up with new concepts. I dont think ATS as a whole should have to pay for the changes as a whole even if the taxs are voluntary. The changers should be available to the individual via the current method.
Perhaps the council could sell the rights to a number of members allowing them to sell the new concepts to member. This would allow the council to focus on improving the over all quality of ATS.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Haha suckers.

I'm hoarding my points until we run out of oil.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I see that it passed and it went over. Does this mean we get like a tax return or what?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Would that be considered a 'white lie,' FredT.
My reason for asking is that when I last looked last night/early am, you had just over 800,000 points. You are at just over 100,000.
Was I seeing things or is your math off?

Anyhow, one awesome contribution and effort, FredT.

seekerof

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Would that be considered a 'white lie,' FredT.
My reason for asking is that when I last looked last night/early am, you had just over 800,000 points. You are at just over 100,000.
Was I seeing things or is your math off?

Anyhow, one awesome contribution and effort, FredT.

Thanks. Yeah it was more than that, but I did not want to show off

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
so...

i see the new option in the ATS store...

so i click on the link in the store and donate???

thanks...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
sure you can however we already got the require points

infact we're 75k over :p

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I hope the extra gets transferred to the next fund, whatever that may be. It would be shame to see them wasted.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Geez, Fred, way to keep the rest of us out. I go to sleep, thinking all is well. I come back and BAM it's already paid for, and then some? Sheesh, talk about selfish behavior.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
what is pts?
what does it stand for?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
politics@abovetopsecret
PTS

seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Fred T is a munificent benefactor.

There endeth the name calling.

When the Atsers (currency name that applied to ATS points in strange mediaeval tales) have tangible value, will there be any amongst us who rue their prior munificence? I believe not.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ok so it has been passed, now any ideas on when it will be up and running?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My question is this: Can we see a graph or something regarding how the contributions went? I mean, how many 800k users like FredT are there?

If we're trying to create systems on ATS that last for months into the future, you can't have 800lb-gorrilas like that busting their points-nut on something small like this, can you? Or is this the kind of project that'll only be floated once or twice a year? Basically, FredT is like the Chubb Group supporting PBS.

Getting points off PTS and BTS is a perk for those who use three boards, but I am barely keeping up with one. As such, I'd probably save my points for the next tax idea because I think the first thing to do (before this) is to upgrade the points system shopping mall with more things buy. I guess that's the next step anyway, and it probably won't need a tax-vote like this. What can be offered in the points shopping mall? Essentially, it should be more products/items that allow a person to continue personalizing their look, of course, but maybe we can think of other perks that someone might pay for.

Here's what I was thinking: If we view ATS like a karaoke bar, then it is the microphone that's prized most greatly. Whomever is singing is affecting the entire room. Therefore, why not install some kind of scrolling text bar on ATS that cycles messages across the top or bottom like the ticker-tape thing on the NASDAQ building. Then, you can charge 5,000 points to throw a message up there which will scroll like a stock ticker, over the whole board. I think this would be a simple way for key people to entertain the whole board and informative while giving them a value for their points-dollar (more exposure or whatever). Comments?

You could even have the ticker-tape throw out select lines from ATS chat or blogs, since lots of board members don't catch those forums. On that topic, I love ATS chat, having only been in there a couple times, but the software is limited. A vote on upgrading the chat client would be well accepted, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, to answer just one question, there are no longer anymore 800k'ers out there. FredT had the record by a long run, and he kicked in the vast majority of it. There are some very high rankers out there, but nobody really close to that magnitude.

ATSNN++

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join