It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why cant we just have a vote like we did with the councilors but instead of having the candidates you can have how much you want it. For example
How much would you like to see a revamped point system?
10- Like it alot!
9- like it very much
8- like it
7- kind of like it
6- its okay
5- dont care
4- dont like it
3- dont like it much
2- Hate it
1- Hate it alot

or something like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Why cant we just have a vote like we did with the councilors but instead of having the candidates you can have how much you want it. For example
How much would you like to see a revamped point system?
10- Like it alot!
9- like it very much
8- like it
7- kind of like it
6- its okay
5- dont care
4- dont like it
3- dont like it much
2- Hate it
1- Hate it alot

or something like that.

Guess you didn't read what I posted earlier, but thats ok, most people don't read beyond first post or even first post they read title and need to make a reply but its cool man.

I'll say it again. WHY? Because then everyone would vote pretty much yes for everything, it's not like sucktacular ideas are a brewing ya know.

Do y'all really value your points so much that you don't want to use them to implement things is that what it comes down to?

is everyone afraid they'll be nothing if they spend their points?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
or maybe...

we should just go with it... it's not our board... we're all guests here and if the "Owners" want to do this... just go with it..

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
IM up for it. Its a good thing we can do with our points that are accumilating. Most of my points just sit their in my account and i havent bought anything in a long time.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
maybe the word "taxation" seems to be a lil negative.
people naturally dont like to be taxed (as in real life)

how about this...

for projects to kickoff...loans must be taken from the ats central bank...

for loans to be approved, the ats central bank needs collateral...

members provide collateral with points for the projects they support...

once the required collateral is collected (2,000,000 pts or whatever), the loan is released, the project gets underway, and the points collected as collateral from members are used to pay off the loan...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

how about this...

for projects to kickoff...loans must be taken from the ats central bank...

for loans to be approved, the ats central bank needs collateral...

members provide collateral with points for the projects they support...

once the required collateral is collected (2,000,000 pts or whatever), the loan is released, the project gets underway, and the points collected as collateral from members are used to pay off the loan...

Now thats a program I can get behind!

But the question remains is 2 million too steep? I think that it is. But it all depends what is the maximum amount of points someone would be willing to give up.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey, whatever works. I have only used my points once when a member made me an avatar and I needed to change the background. Other than that, my points just sit there so feel free to enjoy them.

PS: of course I should keep a few for future warnings.....

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I just though the whole idea behind the council was:

Members raise ideas.
council debates ideas.
If it is good for the forum it gets added.
If it is bad for the forum it doesn't.

:|

Surely now we don't need a council? The admins can just put every idea in the shop and wait for us to pick which we think is best and buy it? If we don't like the idea, it won't get any points?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I don't like the term taxation, I think contribution would be a better term.

Although I understand the "vote versus contribution" argument, I'm still finding it hard to understand the overall point...

It maybe just me, but I can't help but think that this is just going to over complicate things, especially for new members.

I'll have to wait and see how this pans out.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sounds like this could be a very successfull change to ATS. Any news on the "date of release"?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Strange, all the Images are working now, after I rebooted my router. Hmm...maybe it was something on ATS's end, whatever it was...thank you!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LysergicThe points have to do with a show of support for the said ideas, instead of me or any other councilor being able to just crap out any idea and it getting put in.
Makes sense, however, BTS and PTS are already in existence, and need no points to get them up and running, so what ideas would that be?

The things we got cooking up for BTS currently are:
1. New Smilies
2. Better Point System for BTS
3. Most Chilled Out Member Award with Award Design Competition
4. Polls
Are you saying then that you need a point allotment of X amount for each new idea? Aside from number 2 which should be excluded since it is clear that many members have this affinity for collecting points and it seems counter-productive to vote by points to get points.

If the allotment is 2 million points for an idea to be instituted with 21 million points currently shared by all registrants, an idea would require a contribution of 10 percent of the total points at inception of the programme, and in increased percentage thereafter unless the ideas are introduced over long periods of time. Otherwise the members in essence would see their net worth of points and affordability declining. Such is what happens with induced inflation.

Apparently there are some 40,000 members which gives each an average of 583 points per member, we know this is not quite so low just by scanning member profiles. Consequently this system has some problems which at the top of the list means that the wealthy point holders will in fact be the driving force behind implementing any new ideas since they would in essence be the only ones who can invest substantially enough to get any idea off the ground.

Given the statistics I asked about in another thread, and have noted, I would say that the 40,000 member list probably includes non-active members; and members who hold multiple IDs, and perhaps even banned members, which reduces the 21 million points available for purchasing power parity. To prove my point, on any given day the majority of posters are more or less the same people where less than 2% of all members are ever logged in. And to be extremely optimistic, say a maximum of 10% (4,000) would ever be online at any one time, so in order to acquire 2 million points then, it would take 10% of the 21 million points and all of the points from the 10% (all things being equal) logged in to receive ascension of the idea.

On the other side of the inflation coin comes stagnation, where if on average a post is worth 15 points and using today’s statistics of 2,574 posts for 650 online members, we are looking at a 15,840 posts per week on 10% usage, for points of 237,600 in total and an average to each poster of 59.4. It would take approximately 8.5 weeks for the 4,000 members to recoup the 2 million points.

If all that is desired is a show of support, then the points system does not provide for this since it will take fewer members to provide the necessary taxation revenue and as such may not at all reflect majority opinion. What is wrong then with the old fashioned approach of just using your number 4, where the majority of those wishing to respond determines what stays and what goes?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have no problem with this. I would like to add a suggestion. Let the donation of points work both ways. If an improvement or change is wanted and enough people donate enough points then impliment it, but if someone is really against an improvement or change then they should have the ability to spend their points to see that it doesn't get implimented.
Say you have a change that you want to run through and it is established that it will take 1 million points to do it. I like things the way they are and don't care to see your change go through. If I donate 10,000 points against your change you should have to get 1 million points plus the 10,000 points that I gave to stop your change. This will prevent a few people with large point totals from just buying their way.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Any news on when this is going to start taking action?

I can't sleep with all the excitement!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Voluntary Tax Contributions are now available for the revamped ATS Points System.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Do I need to find firemen to stand in the middle of the road with a boot?

let those points roll in

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm confused!

Help!

Are we contributing toward a specific idea or a general fund?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I gave most of my points away.... nothing else to do with them right? I have just enoguh for RATS and my backround stuff......

Val you got plenty of points... donate 90% of them......

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

Revamp ATS Point System.
Need: 1500000 points
Have: 90582 points

pretty sure its for all point systems

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Okay!

I gave like a good ATS member!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join