It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is there any hopes of a stock-like system in the future since an economy of sorts is in the works, cause tracking the value of PTS,BTS,and ATS points would make for a excellent way to kill time at work for some of us.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Thats what the mods are for imo, smacketh the one liners and say 'ey gimmeh yo points!

line two, woot.

I still like the idea. You counsellors keep it up.

Well not in the literal sense, er, um, as Ly's going to take it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Stocks? Schweet! Could be tied in with the drama bombs...

Anyway, I'm so glad this idea (which was in the opening post for the counil, I believe) didn't fall through the cracks, it's brilliant. I suspect we're going to be seeing a huge jump in points when this happens, especially people like you, lys.

2mil is nothing.

This so owns.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think that the initial point-allotment according to board-participation could be set up by a "number of posts" basis, but after the project is started, relegate the earning of points according to post-quality...Such as the "Way Above Award" currently does. The more such "member votes" the poster gets, the more points would go into that user-account (Of course, a member could not vote for him/herself...That would be unethical :@@
. This would cut down on the number of one-liner posts in the future, unless those one-liners have some real significance. The Council could then be assured that the quality of the posting in the forums maintains high standards.

Another win/win situation...

[edit on 18-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Currently there are 21,285,416 ATS points amongst the members.

I do most of my work on Ignorance Denied being a moderator there and all...

I do however make my contributions to ATS and BTS.

I would like to see the staff at ID get soemthing specail on ATS though....

I know we are considerd a different board because we are under different adminstration and all but we are still family.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
I know we are considerd a different board because we are under different adminstration and all but we are still family.

This is why I suggested that all points for each member goes into a single "user-account" that keeps track of each members contributions from all 3 boards...And the suggestion that the "account balance" could be used in any of the 3 boards. As someone who has taken college classes in computer programming, I'd imagine that each member having 1 account instead of 3 would make the programming of account-tracking easier...All 3 boards mentioned (as well as the other boards attached to ATS website overall) are already linked, so it would just be a matter of linking a single member-account "across the boards", so to speak. The main difficulty would be if different boards are actually being held on different servers...But still, the links between the different boards are already there.

See, I'm trying to make this easier to implement & manage so that we have as much of a win/win situation as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but this is one of the craziest things I've seen since "Napoleon Dynamite." This seems like a lot of hassle for nothing. What's the big deal. Just keep the point system as it is. There is really only one way to vote against a measure like this and that is negatively, which is to say, not to donate points.

Eventually, anything that gets enough contributors will get the go ahead and, as someone pointed out, a few "filthy point rich" members can pretty much get anything through. Of course, once you donate all your points to one project, your pretty much dead in the water for future projects.

Personally, I like the point system the way it is. Of course, I have everything I want that points can buy, so what the hey? HAHAHAHA!

[edit on 2005/7/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

ew "filthy point rich" members can pretty much get anything through

hmmm
I too see this as a flaw in the plan.
It seems like those who have the most points are those whos opinion counts the most in decisions.... fascisto-capitalism at its best

Maybe a limit would be in order, lets say 10,000 points is the max amount of points you can "invest" in a decision. Seems more fair.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ive always wanted to be my own venture capital firm. I think I have enuf points to do so, perhaps with a few wealthy partners.......

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Don't forget that you can only shoulder the burden once. It favors putting a small amount into each project because then you're left for broke later on. (and can't buy those fancy backgrounds!) Also, once the posts are equalized, points will become a much better measure of how much you've contributed to the site, and so it follows the more you give the more input you should have.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is awesome....

I don't really use points and really do not care much for them.....
I guess soon I will have something to spend my hard earned money (points) on......

sporty

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
my only issue with this so far is that I associate taxes with the government and as a negative thing, whether it is voluntary or not.

Rename your agenda and I might be onboard until then I am against taxes of any sort.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To paraphrase Chris Rock, you don't pay taxes. They take taxes. You get to not only choose if, but how much and where you're paying. Stop playing semantics.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have several questions:

Originally posted by Lysergic
There is to be a new 3 board economy coming, that means more points for PTS and BTS, why? Because the ideas that the council takes in and wants to help get implemented will require funding if you will. And that funding is points.

What do points have to do with funding/implementing ideas?
Were points ever necessary to fund/implement ideas, if not what makes these unamed projects different in that respect?
What are examples of these projects?
Is it not the unerlying reason behind this to increase traffic to both ATS and PTS?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I have several questions:

What do points have to do with funding/implementing ideas?
Were points ever necessary to fund/implement ideas, if not what makes these unamed projects different in that respect?
What are examples of these projects?
Is it not the unerlying reason behind this to increase traffic to both ATS and PTS?

The points have to do with a show of support for the said ideas, instead of me or any other councilor being able to just crap out any idea and it getting put in.

This is how SkepticOverlord wishes for the system to be so that we can see if the member actually will want the idea implemented or if they think it sucks and rather keep their points.

Example of these projects? Well I can't speak for the other councilors however I can speak for BTS Go HERE for a current list of what I have going on for BTS and you can also add in stuff for consideration.

I'd say yes because some people are stuck on their points they won't go to pts/bts because they don't get the uber points they feel they deserve.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was wondering if anybody has considered raising prices at the ATS Store to help pay for this? Perhaps a few new things added to the store could help. Things like a small point charge to change signatures, avatars, and backgrounds.
Perhaps everybody making a contribution of any size could get some sort of recognition by their avatar. Maybe something like the word "SUPPORTER". (Sort of like we do with the words MEMBER, CONTRIBUTOR, WRITER, MODERATOR etc.)

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why not have a section of the forum where votes can be cast on an idea and have polls run for X amount of time? With a super-majority needed to get something passed?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
On this points issue I, …wait a minute there’s the phone.

Hello? Phil baby! My favorite Baron! How’s it swingin’ buddy? Yeah, points on ATS… I was just discussing that. What? An idea where you’ll take over the points structure and allow people to borrow points from you in return for repaying with interest? You ol’ rascal! Yeah, I know the FED fell for it, but these people are pretty sophisticated. Sure, I’ll ask but don’t count on it. Say I finished off the last of the Chateau Lafitte ’76 the other night. Can ya hook a brother up? Quid pro quo. Gotcha.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawiea
I was wondering if anybody has considered raising prices at the ATS Store to help pay for this?

It's not the points we need, it's the support. Donating your points, and having a limited amount to do so with would mean that you'd support what you want, and so it's the best way to show how badly you want something.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Why not have a section of the forum where votes can be cast on an idea and have polls run for X amount of time? With a super-majority needed to get something passed?

Well because then everything would most likely get passed because who doesn't want improvements?

Now it will feel like the points have more of a worth than they did before as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join