It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused about human creation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If a comet really did destroy the dinosaurs why are we still around as well as gators and sharks?

where did we actually come from, and why do blacks chinese whites and indians all look different yet have the same limbs and do the same thing?

i don't think monkey's in europe ever were, and i don't think indian monkey's in north america ever were, chinese monkeys yes, african monkey's yes... it just doesn't make sense. I don't think we came from monkeys, we are a relative of the dolphin, so how do these things get explained...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
we are decendents of a early creature most like a rat today that hid in caves and underground so when the meteor hit if it did at all we where shielded underground for the most part

[edit on 18-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
as for gators they are also good survivors in the way they breath for one so they would most likly survive pollution if any and eat other dead animals i dont know the full story on that im sure some other atser will fill you in

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
we are decendents of a early creature most like a rat today that hid in caves and underground so when the meteor hit if it did at all we where shielded underground for the most part

That still doesn't explain why we are chinese, japanese, european, indian, black, and spanish.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Originally posted by klain

That still doesn't explain why we are chinese, japanese, european, indian, black, and spanish.

its called diversity and mutations

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Agreed,
the individual skin colorations as well as the facial deferences are more toward mutation / adaptation of the indigent peoples to their climate.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You still didnt answer the question tho.

Things dont change just for diversity.

Why all of that diversity. Whats the purpose for the change?
Shouldnt everyone have changed the same under the same condition?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Did you know that flies and humans both have 24 genes?

Where did we come from? The dirt? Star dust? Evolution is interesting and very fascinating but i'm still puzzled as to where we actually came from.

I don't think it's rats, and I don't think it's monkeys...

European's are white... why?
African's are black....why?
South american's are reddish brown...why?
North American's are reddish brown....why?

And how?

Star dust is a thing, I don't think there are any organisms within start dust to create a living breathing being.

Same with dirt.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If a comet really did destroy the dinosaurs why are we still around as well as gators and sharks?

Keep in mind that alligators and crocodiles are n't dinosaurs, and sharks are a type of fish.

But in general this is a good question. Why did all the dinosaurs, plus the large sea going reptiles and flying reptiles (neither of which were reptiles, and in fact the sea going ones are only somewhat distantly related to dinosaurs) die out? I'd think that, as a first approximation to an answer, the those were the dominating species for the world's ecosystem, and as such, were the ones completely destroyed by the catastrophe at the end of the cretaceous, and what survived was a mismash of what was left. You'd think that some dinosaurs would've survived, and, indeed, some did, the group of dinosaurs called 'birds' managed to survive. But there's definitly not a concrete answer to explain the pattern of extinction there.

why do blacks chinese whites and indians all look different yet have the same limbs and do the same thing?

Because they, and all humans, evovled fom the same ancestor.

i don't think monkey's in europe ever were, and i don't think indian monkey's in north america ever were, chinese monkeys yes, african monkey's yes... it just doesn't make sense.

The fossil and genetic evidence indicates that man formed in africa, and then spread to the rest of the world from there. So you don't need primitive apes in north america to get native americans. Also, there are primitive primates in europe (or rather were a very long time ago).

I don't think we came from monkeys,

Why? i'd think its obvious that man and chimp are very closely related. They're practically identical.

we are a relative of the dolphin

Man is not descended from dolphins. Man is related to them, but only because all mammals are related to one another.

so how do these things get explained

Thru a rational consideration of the evidence.

jake1997
Things dont change just for diversity.

There are different types of people out there because different relatively isolated populations have had slightly different selection pressures on them. Thus in some populations more melanin in the skin was favoured, and in others less melanin, and in some populations long thin limbs were favoured (by natural selection, or even human mate selection too) and in others short stocky builds were favoured. However, not all variation within a population is the result of selection. Apparently, some of it is something like whats called 'neutral selection'. A trait, such as dark skin, or skin folds around the eye, appear in a population due to variation, and then spread thru it simply by circumstance, they're not selected for or against by nature because they don't offer a benefit nor are harmful. They're 'invisible' to selection and simply happen to spread. SO that explains why humans look different, and their common descent explains why all humans look so similar and have the forms they have.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Melanin is the cause of different skin colors.
Albinos have no melanin in their skin.

Melanin is what protects us from Ultra violet rays. People who live closer to the equator have more melanin in their skin to protect them from the sun.
This is an adaptation and is why we have different skin colors.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Whats the purpose for the change?

Purpose is irrelevant.

Shouldnt everyone have changed the same under the same condition?

They weren't under the same conditions. And if you notice, humans that have been under similar conditions for a long time do resemble one another, in the ways that are specific to those conditions. Thus groups of people native to the tropics tend to have long limbs relative to their body lengths, whether their africans, australians, or indians, etc. Meanwhile, humans that live in the artic conditions, wether they're 'oriental', laplanders, or even neanderthals, tend to resemble each other in their body proportions. This is because they've adapted to their environment.
    Also, the conditions that they are under is only part of it. Their own makeup is an important part. A group of humans living in africa are going to be different than a group of humans that leave africa and travel to asia, not because of the conditions, but because you're never going to have groups that are completely identical in the first place.

Jes

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Earth is inhabited by many races of people and each race has had its origin from another planet. I hate to burst anyones bubble but Adam and Eve didn't start this. Settlements of ET’s came from time to time. First they came directly to Earth and had to learn to adapt to this environment. They tried to find the correctly suited physical structure to live within the Earth’s atmosphere. The best suited physical bodies were a result of births on the planet. The Pleiades were the primary inhabitants of the Earth at first. They were followed by other star systems. Over a period of time the physical being began to adapt very well to the Earth’s environment. At a point, the ET’s were no longer needed as direct inhabitants, so they stopped living on the planet. However, they kept a constant view of the human development and physically touched in from time to time. Additionally, there have been different periods of time in the Earth’s development when the ET’s would return in person. Atlantis was one of the more notable civilizations. Lemuria was another. There were reasons for this. Humankind needed a ”boost” in its development. Additionally, energies from other planets needed a place to resume their growth after certain disastrous affects. We of course are speaking of those energies who left Maldek, Mars, Venus, as well as some planets outside this solar system. "

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Jes]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jes
"Earth is inhabited by many races of people and each race has had its origin from another planet. I hate to burst anyones bubble but Adam and Eve didn't start this. Settlements of ET’s came from time to time. First they came directly to Earth and had to learn to adapt to this environment. They tried to find the correctly suited physical structure to live within the Earth’s atmosphere. The best suited physical bodies were a result of births on the planet. The Pleiades were the primary inhabitants of the Earth at first. They were followed by other star systems. Over a period of time the physical being began to adapt very well to the Earth’s environment. At a point, the ET’s were no longer needed as direct inhabitants, so they stopped living on the planet. However, they kept a constant view of the human development and physically touched in from time to time. Additionally, there have been different periods of time in the Earth’s development when the ET’s would return in person. Atlantis was one of the more notable civilizations. Lemuria was another. There were reasons for this. Humankind needed a ”boost” in its development. Additionally, energies from other planets needed a place to resume their growth after certain disastrous affects. We of course are speaking of those energies who left Maldek, Mars, Venus, as well as some planets outside this solar system. "

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Jes]

i agree with the theory that aliens were on our planet and may of created us in early times but this is a little off topic

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Im sorry

If this

Where did we come from? The dirt? Star dust? Evolution is interesting and very fascinating but i'm still puzzled as to where we actually came from.

is the central question then you are looking in the wrong place.

Evolution is 'irrelavent' where this question is concerned. That is stated in many threads in this forum.
The idea of evolution has nothing to do with origins (and not much to do with science either...but that is another thread)

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
heh you brought that up we were discussing evolution

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

(and not much to do with science either...but that is another thread)

Evolution is an epitome of science.

I'd still like to hear why the original poster thinks that primates aren't good candidates for human origins, but flies and dolphins are.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

(and not much to do with science either...but that is another thread)

Evolution is an epitome of science.

I'd still like to hear why the original poster thinks that primates aren't good candidates for human origins, but flies and dolphins are.

flies and dolphins aren't... i figured cuz mammals are our relative (how that is i'm not sure either) we would be more close to them..

monkey's are still monkey's if we all evolved from monkey's why aren't we seeing them even today trying to walk upright? if we did why can't they?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

monkey's are still monkey's if we all evolved from monkey's why aren't we seeing them even today trying to walk upright? if we did why can't they?

Modern day monkeys and modern day man both evolved from a common ancestor. The steps of walking upright came from searching for food that is not in the trees. Chimps and other monkeys still hunt in tree tops and need to keep their form. They have stronger arms for swinging and grabbing while we have the ability to walk up right and get around easier on land.
Another advantage of walking upright is the illusion of looking bigger than we are.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

monkey's are still monkey's if we all evolved from monkey's why aren't we seeing them even today trying to walk upright?

Why would a monkey try to walk upright?

if we did why can't they?

Think of it like this. You have a large population of chimp-like animals in east africa, over a wide geographic area. The environment is more or less junglelike. Then the climate starts cooling (and we have evidence that it did), the jungle starts receeding, breaking up into smaller groups of trees seperated by grasslands (and we have evidence that it did) and even the ground itself, due to plate tectonics, is rifting (and we have evidence that it did). So the environment is slowly changing from jungle to grasslands. The environment is what supplies 'selective pressure'. The 'needs' to surivive in a jungle are different than in an open grasslands, so the pressure is different, so mutations and variations that are favourable in that 'changing into grassland' environment are beneficial. Whereas in a jungle they'd be detrimental.

So what you end up with is something like east africa today, with a large grassy land in the east, then a huge rift, mountains, deep valleys, in the middle, and then jungles again in the west. In the western jungles, the chimp-like ancestors ended up being under 'selective pressure' that favours jungle-living adaptations, so that lineage didn't change much at all, since they were already adaptde to the jungle. But in the east, the adapatations that were favoured were things like walking upright (instead of swinging arm by arm thru trees, because there weren't enough trees to get around) which is a really efficient way of getting around on the ground, and some added benefits. On the one hand, you'd have a higher vantage point that a knuckle-walker, andon the other hand, you now have free hands, and then can carry stuff, and throw stuff, and hit rocks together until they break in such a way that they have a sharp edge, and that edge can be used to scrape meat off a carcass quickly, and having lots of fatty meat to eat means lots of calories and that means you can afford to 'waste'biological resources in order to support a big thinking brain.

So there's all these weird sort of unexpected things that can happen when the environment is changed and there are different selective pressures. And teh selection pressure is why chimps still look like chimps, even tho a group of chimps, slowly, over generations, became like australpithecus, and then homo habilus, and then erectus, and then cro magnon, and the like. Different pressures. There is no benefit for a chimp that has some weird mutation or just a natural variation in its bones that allows it to stand more upright for longer periods of time.

Another advantage of walking upright is the illusion of looking bigger than we are.

I hadn't even thought of that. That seems like another thing that could be beneficial, especially if you can't scamper off into the trees when threatened.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have a question to one of the earlier posts....

if Dinosaurs were killed by a metoer or comet, or whatever it was...

why have there been reports of dinosaurs still being alive?
ex: lochness monster, Mokele bmembe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join