It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida's U.S. nuclear targets Captured documents reveal bin Laden's dates & Locations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And now we announce that Mecca IS a target...getting interesting is it not?

Al-Qaida's U.S. nuclear targets Captured documents, terrorists reveal bin Laden's preferred dates, places for 'American Hiroshima'

Al-Qaida's prime targets for launching nuclear terrorist attacks are the nine U.S. cities with the highest Jewish populations, according to captured leaders and documents.

As first revealed last week in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium, online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WND, Osama bin Laden is planning what he calls an "American Hiroshima," the ultimate terrorist attack on U.S. cities, using nuclear weapons already smuggled into the country across the Mexican border along with thousands of sleeper agents.

The series of attacks is designed to kill 4 million, destroy the economy and fundamentally alter the course of history.

At least two fully assembled and operational nuclear weapons are believed to be hidden in the United States already, according to G2 Bulletin intelligence sources and an upcoming book, "The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by former FBI consultant Paul L. Williams.

The cities chosen as optimal targets are New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Boston and Washington, D.C. New York and Washington top the preferred target list for al-Qaida leadership.

LINK

[edit on 18-7-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That is truly scary, one of those dates is May 14, my birthday. If there are two weapons in the US already then, well I dont know what will happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

As first revealed last week in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium, online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WND

Oh man, I thought we had real news, not WorldNutDaily. Dangit.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
How DARE the USA threaten to nuke Mecca after having 9 of its cities flattened and 4 million of its people die. How dare them!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lets not even pretend for a minute that that report is in any way accurate. It claims that spetznaz helped al-qaida find out the locations of multiple nukes that the commies planted in the US during the cold war, that al-qaida smuggled two nukes of their own across mexico, and that al-qaida has 40 nukes of varying sizes and armaments. Its preposterous and insane, and almost certainly an attempt to get people to pay the 9.95 for the guy's 'premium intelligence newsletter'. The people at WorldNutdaily are clueless hacks, its on par with the National Enquirer. Besides which, the US will not 'nuke mecca' in order to get revenge on bin ladin. The idea is assinine, mecca is meaningless to bin ladin, its not a rational target, regardless of any discussion of whether its 'fair' to nuke it. It'd be like sending bombers to Rome and having them hit the vatican during wwii, what's the point? It'd just galvinize the italian resistance, serves no military purpose. Bin ladin isn't going to not attack the US out of fear of mecca being bombed or the kabba being taken to DC he doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yikes. Normally a World Net Daily cite is laughable but I was concerned in that this article wasn't quite as stark raving mad over the top as it is most of the time...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The idea is assinine, mecca is meaningless to bin ladin, its not a rational target, regardless of any discussion of whether its 'fair' to nuke it. he doesn't care.

Oh really? Then why did he want the US out of the "Holy Land?"

As for the World Nut Daily comments....none of your precious tulipwalking press would cover this stuff and you should not dismiss this right away because this IS an issue in the Intel committees as we speak...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The optimal dates for the attacks are Aug. 6, the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing, Sept. 11 and May 14, the anniversary of the re-creation of the state of Israel in 1948. No specific year has been suggested, however, this Aug. 6 represents the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima attack.

It is WorldNetDaily. So I searched for corroboration.

A Link

Another Link

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I thought WWIII would never get here. Yee-Ha! It's about time for an extinction level event.

Seriously, there would be one helluva 'male bovine excrement' storm. China might attack Taiwan. India might attack Pakistan. North Korea may decide to launch a couple towards Cali.

Rhetoric is at a fever pitch. Fear is served with every meal.

Terrorism vs Terrorism

But who will win?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WorldnewsDaily is NOT a reputable source....however. that does not mean that we should just dismiss this without taking precaution. I think it is possible that Al-Quaida does have... or is trying to get, Nuclear Weapons to use in America.

I doubt that they got them from Chechneya... because they would not have hesitated to use the bomb against Moscow if they had it.

This sounds a lot like USSR's Final Phase plan... where they would nuke 7 cities in 1 day to cripple america. Have former USSR leaders given the bomb to our new enemy? Its possible.

If America is Attacked by a nuke ... who wins? Not the muslims because a lot of them would be wiped off the face of the earth. China and Japan and Europe are tied to the American Economy. So, it would leave the world wide open to a Russian Ruler.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
~~

that's a pretty good 3 minute read.

but i find it odd that AQ & OBL, desires the irony of russian suitcase
nukes, as opposed to the use of the Pakistani Islamic Bomb which they were so proud and eager to be developed.

then, the incarcerated Kalid Sheik Mohammed, as a reliable source,?
.......i sorta think he's been dis-informing ever since he was trapped...
or just letting the AQ 'dream' scenario out-of-the-bag.

so...GWB, knew about the placed nukes since 2001, 4 years ago?
and instead of sensoring out the nukes....began the tasks of making
underground facilities for 'continuance of government' policy??
does-not-compute...after all, there's only 2 ea. 20kiloton devices
and just 9 cities as target with delay between events...
(enough time to make the devestation seem less severe,
like the USA handles larger scale statewide & regional catastrophies like hurricanes)

appreciate the link, it gave me stuff to chew on/think about

oh yeah, had to add this edit;
the govt guy recanted his 'nuke Islamic sites' statement,
and said that was only a hypothetical...
so, maybe that idea is defused- -for now.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Oh really? Then why did he want the US out of the "Holy Land?"

Why does he want anything? Who cares? Threatening to bomb mecca to deter attacks from al qaida is about as effective as threating to bomb berlin to get the nazis to surrender. It won't work, they have to be defeated in the field, they can't be dettered. These guys are suicide bombers, fercrisakes, they don't care about city and rock that are popular, but not integral, to their faith. Bomb mecca and bin ladin will smile, because he knows that it'll cause lots of muslims to cross over and rampage and riot in the west.

As for the World Nut Daily comments.

lets face it, WND is nuts. They're not journalists, their jokers.

...none of your precious tulipwalking press would cover this stuff

You have no idea what media I read, in all honesty.

and you should not dismiss this right away because this IS an issue in the Intel committees as we speak...

Its a guy who charges for a newletter raveing about al-qaida and the commies comin' to git us. Al-qaida does not have any nukes in the US. The if they crossed over from mexico into the US with a nuke, they'd set it off in phoenix for fear of getting beaten, or quickly move to NY and it've already been set off. And the idea that they have forty assorted types of nuke weapons and haven't used them is, plainly, a joke. They can, are, and will continue to be able to, move their people between central asia, iraq, north africa, and all of europe. The only people that are going to know that al-qaida has a nuke are the people being vaporized from it and dying from the fall out, and the actual intelligence forces in the field that are on the verge of capturing it. The idea that they have forty of these things and can't decide what target to hit or how to get it to them is insane, especially since this guy is saying that they have very small sized nukes, like shells and even suit-case nukes. It'd be facile to get a suit-case nuke from russia to Poland or England. There's no way to stop it, and the information about it certainly isn't going to trickle down from the agents to their superiors to other members of the government to whatever fool is giving this guy from WND his information before they can set it off.
I agree induibitably that al-qaida is trying to set off a nuke, the US stopped them at one point, catching nuke smugglers in central asia, but I emphatically disagree that they've had one for any length of time, and I even more strongly disagree that anyone in the know is telling the loons over at WND.

Where2Hide2006
because they would not have hesitated to use the bomb against Moscow if they had it.

According to this story however its spetznaz that is helping them get nukes, and even revealing the location of secret nukes in the US that spetznaz planted.

shadowhasnosource
A Link

Thats an article written by a 19 year old kid who "began his career at the unbelievable age of 11 with hobby research on the geopolitical affairs of several countries. ", the WND people are claiming to have special sources for this. This kid doesn't have access to secret government sources that can confirm any of this 'al-qaida has 40 nukes, two of which are in the US now' crap.

Another Link

It hardly takes the genius of a chinese business newspaper to realize that al-qaida would like to nuke the US, and that article merely states that a high school text book provides enough information to make nukes.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Could the story be a cover? Or perhaps simple plagiarism?

Anyone remember Joe Vialls articles about the Dimona mini-nukes buried in American cities, being used for blackmailing the US government into funding the Jewish state? Maybe WND stole the story, changed 'Mossad' to 'Al-Qaeda' and re-released the story?

Could Vials have been covering for Al Qaeda? Could WND be covering for Mossad?

Could this whole thing be a ridiculous ruse to make Americans appear even more stupid and crazy than they already do?

You be the judge...

All I know for sure is that nuking Mecca would galvanize much of the world in their loathing for America. Nuking Mecca would only serve to increase global terrorism and religious fundamentalism, not decrease it. It's a thoughtless, emotional plan, doomed from the word "Go."

Anyone supporting this tactic should move to the Kingdom and don a head scarf, because you're no goddamn different than the people you hate so much.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

shadowhasnosource
A Link

Thats an article written by a 19 year old kid who "began his career at the unbelievable age of 11 with hobby research on the geopolitical affairs of several countries. ", the WND people are claiming to have special sources for this. This kid doesn't have access to secret government sources that can confirm any of this 'al-qaida has 40 nukes, two of which are in the US now' crap.

Another Link

It hardly takes the genius of a chinese business newspaper to realize that al-qaida would like to nuke the US, and that article merely states that a high school text book provides enough information to make nukes.

You anti-doomsayers are no fun.

Seriously, what's with the
?

If you can't recognize subtle sarcasm that's your own fault.

[edit on 7-18-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was rolling my eyes at the claims of the paper. Making nukes is apparently extremely difficult, and high school textbooks don't explain how to make dirty-bombs, tho apparently thats quite facile.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I was rolling my eyes at the claims of the paper. Making nukes is apparently extremely difficult, and high school textbooks don't explain how to make dirty-bombs, tho apparently thats quite facile.

Yea, I couldn't find any decent sources. Everything I found pointed back to WND. I shall share in your eye rolling concerning this.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And now we announce that Mecca IS a target...getting interesting is it not?

One nutty congressman did, and even he has since backed off from his commment.

Fortunately, even the Bush administration is not quite as crazy as it's nuttiest supporters, and whatever happens, I don't think we're going to nuke Mecca anytime soon. It would just line up every Muslim in the world behind OBL.

As for this story, I give it a big "meh". Not that I don't think OBL would like to do this, I just doubt he has the ability to pull it off. WND prints a new piece of alarmist trash every day, and none of it ever comes true. (Where's the joint Syrian/Iranian war against Israel that was "imminent" two years ago, eh?)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well I guess y'all should stick to the New York Times then....oh wait maybe the LA Times....

I am not in total agreement that Mecca should be nuked IF, I just want it on the table, tit for tat...these puckers do not fight with honor so why should we?

NOTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE TABLE, and one thing you seem to forget, even if OBL doesn't give a hoot, those billion Muslims do and they might think twice about helping the piece of #, if they know the consequences BEFOREHAND.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If anything, threatening to nuke their holy city is going to make them hate us, not fear us. What drives this stupid idea that threatening people makes them compliant? Threatening people in my experiece makes them violent, at least a sizeable minority of them. I was a bar bouncer for five years, so I have a fair amount of experience with this kind of thing. I leaned quickly that 90% of people will respond better to diplomacy than to threats: "Can I call you a cab" works a lot better than "I'm gonna kick your butt."

I know when people threaten me, I attack. It's just instinct.

I am not someone who is violent under any ordinary circumstances.
But when someone puffs up and tries to push me around, I go right for the throat. I figure they just might act on the threats, and so I need to take them out first.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If anything, threatening to nuke their holy city is going to make them hate us, not fear us. What drives this stupid idea that threatening people makes them compliant? Threatening people in my experiece makes them violent, at least a sizeable minority of them. I was a bar bouncer for five years, so I have a fair amount of experience with this kind of thing. I leaned quickly that 90% of people will respond better to diplomacy than to threats: "Can I call you a cab" works a lot better than "I'm gonna kick your butt."

I know when people threaten me, I attack. It's just instinct.

I am not someone who is violent under any ordinary circumstances.
But when someone puffs up and tries to push me around, I go right for the throat. I figure they just might act on the threats, and so I need to take them out first.

X, care to comment on the threat AGAINST the USA? You mention above that threats tend to make people violent, how would you expect a nation to react when threatened with 9 nuclear blasts in the hopes of killing 4 million people? Think that justifies a response? Please, no double standards.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
too much doesn't figure....

RE: Russian suitcase nukes... (yes, I beleive in them, but not that they are still here)
1988 cell phone bombs... did they even have cell phones then? i thought they were still using stations and radio frequencys in those years... plus, if they did, then there were probably only a few "stations/towers" to use...

so I would start sensing around where these original stations/towers were, since we all know that cell phones didn't have very good range for quite awhile... and every little leaf blowing could cause a lost call...

so triangulate people... come on... America needs you... and the people who are SUPPOSED to be looking for nukes are too frikin stupid or worried about grandmas knitting needles getting on a plane...

the clues (if we beleive any of this garbage) is that these russian nukes (that are still here) are within calling range of a 1988 cell tower...
lets get an old 1988 cell map, and start looking for areas that have a high population and a close military base... then extract from there...
I would be suprised if we have more than a few hundred miles to cover...

and we might be able to finally account for all those soviet bombs that were left accidentally...

as to this other stuff... I bet he sells alot of books...
and I bet that no matter what prisoner you ask, he has inside knowledge of the islamic bomb that will kill the "great satan..."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join