It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bible an acronym? Basic instructions before leaving earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have heard people say that bible stands for basic instructions before leaving earth. I found a few websites that mentioned it, but there wasn't any reasoning as to how it came about, or proof thats what it means.

I was wondering if anybody has heard of this and what their take is on it? Is there any proof to backup this theory?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You mean it isn't

Big insidious boring lie entertainment

or

But I Bring Lepers Extras

Yeah I guess they figured up the acronym before english was around eh?

Bong Inside Bong Leafy Emote

[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin biblia, from Greek, pl. of biblion, book diminutive of biblos, papyrus, book, from Bublos Byblos.]

and why is this here? and please oh please don't send this to bts please!

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The word Bible comes from the Greek word for book "biblion".

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
But then it doesn't sound as magical!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well thats the whole point of it cause it isn't magical. I don't kow how bible can stand for anything when just like the two above me said it from Greek or Latin. I always thought it was latin.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is a man made acryonm using the word "Bible"

"Basic instructions before leaving earth" was the winner

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
god i am going to try so damn hard to get this forum moved the hell out of bts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why? Theres no conspiracy involved in it. Heck there was no way for this to be thought of at the time. It's just something someone with a lot of time on there hands thought up. Now I can you see you getting a little ticked cuz they throw every little thing in here, but where else can they put it?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
Why? Theres no conspiracy involved in it. Heck there was no way for this to be thought of at the time. It's just something someone with a lot of time on there hands thought up. Now I can you see you getting a little ticked cuz they throw every little thing in here, but where else can they put it?

well my good sir

BTS is a place to relax and chill out

explain to me how having zealots and religious bashers at eachtohers throat is either?

ggkthx

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thats what I meant by my above post it don't belong here and it don't belong anywhere on ATS or any of the sub sites.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
BUDWEISER
Because U Deserve What Every Individual Should Ever Receive.

Conspiracy? You decide.

GOD

Great Omnipresent Deity.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by ben91069]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the word bible comes from a phoneician sun-god

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
god = geriatric olfactory disturbance (old person farting)

bible = bountiful idiot babble liesand everything (ok that was a stretch)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Before you DENY TRUTH....B.I.B.L.E= Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth ( To Die ) Satan wins, He gets your soul...

Your god is all about destruction and death if I don't follow his rules.. But you have to pick between the two... Which is "Judging". A SIN in your book. Catch 22 "Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. (SATAN gets 1 point).Sounds like the U.S. Government or Devil. And you are willing to BLINDLY FOLLOW and Join his army for more DEATH. Which goes against your commandment. THOU shalt not KILL( SATAN wins 1 point)

You shall not have any false idols Yet you worship TV STARS ( Satan gets 1 point)

You shall have no other gods before me YET you chose to Pick a favorite sports team and worship them by giving them your attention (Satan gets 1 point)

Your religion even realized Some laws were to strict so they came up with a SAVIOR...And now You got in your head that all laws are null and void. You are contributing in the destruction of the planet by going along with the system.(SATAN) The System has you thinking you need to have wealth and possessions to be someone in this world, But all you are doing is DESTROYING the EARTH which YOU need to survive (SATAN gets 1 point).

Thou shalt not commit adultery. But all you care about is getting SOME (SATAN gets 1 point).

Everything is here for everyone to share EQUALLY. Which YOU are stealing from Those who need it BY hoarding your extra surplus. ( LOOK another POINT FOR SATAN)

BY my calculations that's SATAN 7 YOUR GOD 0 SOUNDS LIKE A SHUTOUT FOR SATAN

No thanks. "I am the RICHEST man on the planet without a penny in my pocket".

I will worship my God who Would never Destroy Perfection no matter what and you are not forced to make a choice.

I do follow commandments Honor thy mother (EARTH) and Father (Time),Thou Shalt not KILL. THAT INCLUDES A TREE. Thou shalt not steal IF I have something someone else wants I charge what it cost me... Nothing because I found it in the trash Still in its wrapper. I share with all..If someone is hungry ..I offer them to come with me so we can share whatever is found including the money from the cans and bottles we collect So we can both eat whatever we choose to buy. YOU thought I ate the food from the dumpster Got you again You JUDGED

I have a balance of good and evil and I can use the 1 sense you are forbidden..To Judge. I see life would not be worth living if I could not enjoy seeing both. To appreciate either I must have both. " To JUDGE"

Anyone who tries to argue this point must remember You will be "Judging" If your religion forbids that "YOU ARE GOING TO HELL" And Your SATAN WINS THE GAME
edit on 29-12-2014 by TruthSeekerKnight because: Some places needed clarification.

edit on 29-12-2014 by TruthSeekerKnight because: Some places needed clarification.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2014 by TruthSeekerKnight because: off topic

new topics

top topics

join