It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah baby! - "Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

This is just downright Ignorant, even if it was said in jest, this is not what skip is saying, hes saying take away the extremists religous cities if they can not stop terrorism, just like taking a kids toys away when he doesnt behave.

Thats the whole point, those are not EXTREMIST religious cities, those are simply holy sites of ALL muslims on this planet. You are destroying something Cat Stevens a.k.a Jusuf Islam considers holy. WHY would you do something like that?????
It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. It simply doesnt make sense.

Extremists DO NOT CARE about holy sites, you will acomplish absolutely nothing positive by destroying Mecca. It will have no negative effect whatsoever or 50 year old ideology of fighting secular reforms in muslim countries. It wont stop it. It will not end it, because this ideology has nothing to do with holy sites.

I think I made it clear now.

The idea of destroying Mecca is simply retarded. It has nothing to do with reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Originally posted by Humster

Originally posted by q_ball
its not justifiable...thats like bombing the vatican for something bad a ..................

deny ignorance?

or are some people just becoming engulfed in it?

peace

Ignorance....

All is through the eyes of the beholder.

If one says and believes whole heartedly, no one can change anything.

But how is this ignorance passed to this person? Via brainwashing thru over jingoistic/anti islamic/pro zionist/gov't controlled and regulated media and jingoistic and biased education system. Come to think of it....how are we diffrent to the communist and the fascists? Look at our media? look at the education system...next Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will be proclaimed as National Heroes and Have monuments next to Abe Lincoln.

come to think of it..ignorane isnt always engulfed...its taught....

peace

Well, I read every post in this thread.

No offence to you Skippy, so I say sorry first, before I post something that may offen you.

From what I see, Skippy ain;t a racial or extremist. Personally I think he is demoralized by what he see, as people not willing to do something about it. (People as in ........... and the IT is ..........)

So he supported, so I think, the whole nuking Mecca thingy as a wake up call. Of "HELLO!!! SHAPE UP OR GET OUT". He don;t seem to be the taught to be igorant.

As for control of media, etc. We all have a brain to think, lets all use it to filter the bad stuff out. Then again, we are we to say if we did filter out the bad stuff. FOR, filtering also breeds Igronance.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I'm reading this and can't believe it so ...

You have voted skippytjc for the Way Above Nuclear Holocaust award. You have two more votes this month.

Great Choice of Awards!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I'm reading this and can't believe it so ...

You have voted skippytjc for the Way Above Nuclear Holocaust award. You have two more votes this month.

I just noticed that. Awsome

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This is just downright Ignorant, even if it was said in jest, this is not what skip is saying, hes saying take away the extremists religous cities if they can not stop terrorism, just like taking a kids toys away when he doesnt behave.

Here comes the bigot cheerleading squad. Hooray. Gimme a B! Gimme an I-G-O-T!

He is selling prejudice and bigotry. His logic stems from fear and hate, and amounts to exactly what I described in my last post. He is demanding that people who have no association with terrorists other than the fact that they share the same religion pay the price for the actions of those terrorists. He is advocating wholesale slaughter of innocents on a massive scale. His pre-school level politics amount to a Final Solution. Heard that term before? Yeah, it was advocated by a nutcase who had similar ideals to Mr. Skippy here, just targeted at a different group.

And you call me ignorant. Pffft!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've had enough of this ridiculous hate-thread. Before I go, I'll just say this. If you replaced the words "Muslim", "Islam" and "Mecca" in skippy's posts with "Jew", "Judaism" and "Jerusalem", he would be banned in a split second, all his posts would be erased, and all you supporters of his views would be applauding his demise.

Peace. Out.

edit: PS - My salutations go out to the moderator who moved this to Slug-fest. Keep ATS clean and hate-free.

[edit on 2005-7-19 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So....very simply, what we're seeing here is this:

It's ok for a government to destroy a religious site in retaliation for an attack made by a group who are quite clearly not acting on behalf of a government, and who actually might not even be citizens of that country at all.

If the situation was reversed, we'd be deafened by Westerners yelling "Hey, it's not us! it's a few extremists! You can't attack us for something a few extremists have done!".

Hypocrisy at it's most frightening.

Again, I'll ask - exactly how would destroying Mecca (for example) reduce or prevent terrorism? Why are we trying to punish the many, for the actions of a few?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
wecomeinpeace,
How is this bigotry?

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
Answers.com
The scenario that has been presented is that if there were nukes exploded in the US and that they are from these Muslim extremists, the US may use the same force as they did against MECCA. A tit for tat scenario.

He is demanding that people who have no association with terrorists other than the fact that they share the same religion pay the price for the actions of those terrorists. He is advocating wholesale slaughter of innocents on a massive scale. His pre-school level politics amount to a Final Solution. Heard that term before? Yeah, it was advocated by a nutcase who had similar ideals to Mr. Skippy here, just targeted at a different group.

You are forgetting the fact that the entire discussion is based on the premise that the US is attacked first. Thus there will already have been wholesale slaughter of americans first. Innocent Civilian victims.

As has been done so far by the non-extremist muslims, they have only issues fatwas against the terrorists. They do this while allowing these terrorists to use their mosques and other holy places as sites of safe refuge. Other non-extremists muslims provide support monies and succour to these terrorists. They may not realize that these terrorists are only using thier religion as a cover to further thier hatred of all non followers of THEIR beliefs. To cover their search for power ofver their own peoples.
These terrorists do not even acknowledge the scantity of their own hoy sites when they desecrate them by hiding themselves in the mosques.
I do not like the thought of this bombing of Mecca or of any city, but I would not absolutely rule out such a retalitory event in the case that has been presented in this thread.
If you are so willing and able to condemn anyone who would contemplate the use of equal force then, I invite your to present options that will work not only here but to your own goverment.
Otherwise........ condemning others for this type of thinking is

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I've had enough of this ridiculous hate-thread. Before I go, I'll just say this. If you replaced the words "Muslim", "Islam" and "Mecca" in skippy's posts with "Jew", "Judaism" and "Jerusalem", he would be banned in a split second, all his posts would be erased, and all you supporters of his views would be applauding his demise.

Excellent Point!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Seriously, your bigotry is lowering the standard of this forum down into the muck. The sooner you go the way of the Horacid, the better IMO.

My thoughts exactly, wcip. Merci beaucoup!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I've had enough of this ridiculous hate-thread.

I had enough of them a while ago. To those who are posting in these threads with multiple pleas to get these people to change their minds or prove your point, what are you doing? Hoping skippy and his little bush-dwellers will eventually see the light? Fugaed Aboud id! It's not going to happen!

And remember, every time you post in the futile effort to get the Bush-lovers to understand something that they'll never get, even if they wanted to, you're giving them ATS points! Why do you think they start so many hate mongering threads in ATS?

Before I go, I'll just say this. If you replaced the words "Muslim", "Islam" and "Mecca" in skippy's posts with "Jew", "Judaism" and "Jerusalem", he would be banned in a split second, all his posts would be erased, and all you supporters of his views would be applauding his demise.

As already stated, that's an excellent point! And an excellent idea, I might add!

My salutations go out to the moderator who moved this to Slug-fest. Keep ATS clean and hate-free.

As someone who longs for intelligent, adult political debate and discussion, I wholeheartedly agree! This tripe can be found anywhere on the Internet.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Hoping skippy and his little bush-dwellers will eventually see the light? Fugaed Aboud id! It's not going to happen!

And remember, every time you post in the futile effort to get the Bush-lovers to understand

Bush Lover? I hate Gearge Bush. But I love my country. Sorry to burst a haters bubble...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Hoping skippy and his little bush-dwellers will eventually see the light? Fugaed Aboud id! It's not going to happen!

And remember, every time you post in the futile effort to get the Bush-lovers to understand

Bush Lover? I hate Gearge Bush. But I love my country. Sorry to burst a haters bubble...

jpeg removed as it was oversized. It was not resized because this mod is a mere redneck with no technical knowledge and is only able to do mod work due to the GUI buttons provided by Skeptic!

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Soul, you deny that Muslims have had extremists among them before the USA existed? Are you for real?

I did not say that - so Please do not put words in my Mouth.

I said that I do not agree with the "FACT" that "They Hated Us Long Before..."

Why do You think that?

The USA did not create extreme Muslims, they were around long before the USA was.

No the USA did not Invent Radical Islam - they have just AWAKEN it from its Long Sleep.

Now tell me, is that a Smart think to do?

"Amr ibn al As attacked an concurred Babylon after a 6 month siege in 641 (over 1100 years before the USA). Amr ibn al As was made a commander by Muhammad himself. This was the start of a siege that converted all of Egypt to the Muslim faith. Which was Muhammad’s goal. You think for a moment that the people of Babylon weren’t terrorized by these extremists out to convert them to Islam or die? 1100 years before the USA existed!!!"

This is one example of Islamic extremism 1100 years before the creation of America.

Its looks like you dont know anything about Arab and Islamic history.

If he terrorised the people Iraq now should be a non-islamlic or non-Arabic.

I dont blame you because the Amercain school system suck in history

You know its a subject the you memorized to pass and people get and F.
and in geography i bet a guy at the 12th grade in Amercia doesnt know where is Iraq or Saudi Arabia

So i dont have hard feeling on you misinformation I just blame the your education system in history and geography

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas

and in geography i bet a guy at the 12th grade in Amercia doesnt know where is Iraq or Saudi Arabia

So i dont have hard feeling on you misinformation I just blame the your education system in history and geography

LOLOLOL: "I dont blame you because the Amercain school system suck in history".

Nice grammar, you are CLEARLY educated my friend. And yes I know: English isn’t your first language, typical excuse. People in glass houses...

Also: That bit of history wasn’t from my memory, I Googled it, found multiple references to it. So I think maybe its YOU that needs to go back and get some education.

Islamic Terrorist nuke the USA, the USA wipes Mecca from the planet. Simple.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Jewish Extremists Nuke Teheran, Iran Wipes Jerusalem from Planet. Simple.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh look, the congressman in question just retracted his statement:

www.local10.com...

You are on your own, Skippy

EDIT to add: not that it was a real option anyway....

[edit on 19-7-2005 by paperclip]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know I said I was going to stay out of this one, but I was reading through another thread and, lo and behold! I came across this little gem of a statement from Captain Hypocrisy. I just had to post it here:

Originally posted by thematrix
They [US and Israeli governments] aren't buddy's at all. They are partners in crime and as we all know, there is no honor among criminals.

skippytjc had a brain-fart and said:
Some Americans and Israeli's may take that as a personal attack. It can also be construed as racist and anti Semitic to make blanket statements about entire nations and cultures of people.

thematrix, your hateful racist remarks aren’t welcome here. I would edit that out before somebody reported you for TOS violations.

LMFAO!!

Yes, that's right folks, the hypocrisy knows NO bounds.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh dear.

The congressman retracted? Good. Sadly it came too late to quell some of the nonsense out there over this.

Kind of reminds me of when Walter Jones, 'Mr Freedom Fries' himself, decided to speak out and withdraw his support for all that infantile nonsense and started questioning the war in Iraq.

Walter Jones, the Republican congressman for North Carolina who was also the brains behind french toast becoming freedom toast in Capitol Hill restaurants, told a local newspaper the US went to war "with no justification".

Mr Jones, who in March 2003 circulated a letter demanding that the three cafeterias in the House of Representatives' office buildings ban the word french from menus, said it was meant as a "light-hearted gesture".
But the name change, still in force, made headlines around the world, both for what it said about US-French relations and its pettiness.

Now Mr Jones appears to agree. Asked by a reporter for the North Carolina News and Observer about the name-change campaign - an idea Mr Jones said at the time came to him by a combination of God's hand and a constituent's request - he replied: "I wish it had never happened."

Although he voted for the war, he has since become one of its most vociferous opponents on Capitol Hill, where the hallway outside his office is lined with photographs of the "faces of the fallen".

"If we were given misinformation intentionally by people in this administration, to commit the authority to send boys, and in some instances girls, to go into Iraq, that is wrong," he told the newspaper.

"Congress must be told the truth."

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 19-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas

LOLOLOL: "I dont blame you because the Amercain school system suck in history".

Nice grammar, you are CLEARLY educated my friend. And yes I know: English isn’t your first language, typical excuse. People in glass houses...

Also: That bit of history wasn’t from my memory, I Googled it, found multiple references to it. So I think maybe its YOU that needs to go back and get some education.

English is not my native language so if you know arabic as i know english then you could talk.

As simple minded as you are there are millions of source on the net that are not true. One good example is the salers at ebay trying to sale an alien mummy and mermaid corpse.

People but many bullsh*t on the internet the only way to know the truth is to find out by yourself by talking to the people.

Some of you comments is offending muslims and arab and you should your words more wisely.

As for US nuking mecca, that wont happen even a thousand years. US now is the only superpower that start nearly 100 year before it was britian and before it was the Ottoman and the Romans. Each one have his time and there will be someday the USA will fall down, the bigger there are the harder they fall.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join