It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah baby! - "Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas
concept of bombing Mecca cant be done even if they thought of it it will never be done because there will alway have problems and stuff like.

Mecca and Madina is a holy land protected by Allah and there is no way anything bad is goning to happen there.

What a joke!

If this is the prevailing thought in Islam, then the attack would be even a much better tool than previously thought, since it would completely demoralize them as to the existance of their "Allah" that was supposed to save that city.

Non-Muslims aren't supposed to enter the city either, but when a bus breaks down there the Saudis have to smuggle in non-believers to fix them because the Saudi Muslims can hardly do anything on their own!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by skippytjc
Extreme Muslims give YOU a bad name. They are your responsibility. I ask YOU a question:

What have YOU DONE to stop extremism among your faith? Why is it my responsibility as a non Muslim to keep the extremists among you from killing me?

You want to know what I think you should do? I have no idea. But if Muslims continue to leave that choice up to NON Muslims, we will continue to make choices in OUR best interests.

Its funny, you critisize what the West is doing to defend itself from a sect of your religion, but Muslims as a whole have yet to offer a solution or act themselves.

Terrorist Muslims can only be stopped by non terrorist Muslims. Period. Otherwise nations like my own, the USA, will defend itself however it see's fit. If that doesnt sit well with you, stop posting on these boards and get off your a$$ and do something about it.

That's my whole problem with Christians. Oh, but the mule raping, gay killing, abortion clinic bombers have nothing to do with us.

All cults should take the forefront in dealing with their loose nuts. Because when someone else has to do it, it gets ugly.

And like how they do it or not, they are policing themsleves. They REACT when the world shows its outraged over what they have done. Priests have gone to jail and faced juries due to thier crimes. Cardinal Law never raped anybody, but he was forced from office by his own kind as a result of what happened beneath him. You should know I am not Catholic or Christian. Muslims are not acting this way against the terrorists among them.

Islamic extremists who conduct terror are Islams problem. As long as they do nothing about it, they cannot critisize the Wests methods for dealing with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Soul, you deny that Muslims have had extremists among them before the USA existed? Are you for real?

I did not say that - so Please do not put words in my Mouth.

I said that I do not agree with the "FACT" that "They Hated Us Long Before..."

Why do You think that?

The USA did not create extreme Muslims, they were around long before the USA was.

No the USA did not Invent Radical Islam - they have just AWAKEN it from its Long Sleep.

Now tell me, is that a Smart think to do?

"Amr ibn al As attacked an concurred Babylon after a 6 month siege in 641 (over 1100 years before the USA). Amr ibn al As was made a commander by Muhammad himself. This was the start of a siege that converted all of Egypt to the Muslim faith. Which was Muhammad’s goal. You think for a moment that the people of Babylon weren’t terrorized by these extremists out to convert them to Islam or die? 1100 years before the USA existed!!!"

This is one example of Islamic extremism 1100 years before the creation of America.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Exactly skippy!

If we saw the Presbyterians start flipping out and teaching murder and hatred in the name of Christ, you'd see the Methodists, Catholics, Episcopalians and every other Christian sect out there denouncing it 24 hours a day. You see very little of this in Islam against the terrorist ideology.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was told recently, but have yet to varify, that the first people to commit suicide in a bid to take out the enemy, were christians, during the crusades.

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I was told recently, but have yet to varify, that the first people to commit suicide in a bid to take out the enemy, were christians, during the crusades.

I doubt it, how would they? They didn't have explosives then...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Souljah-Don't add legitamacy to skippy's rants by labelling Islam at any time as "extreme". Of course their has been enmity between islam and the west, which has resulted in wars. But to label one side as extreme is nonsense. Islam has been no more extreme than the west.

So beating women and making them wear burkas and removing hands for certain crimes is not extreme? really? So i suppose that cross burnings and lynchings arent, by your definition, 'extreme'. I guess we all hate equally huh? Where do these people come from? Why does there answer for everything is "awwww, you little terrorist just tryed to kill me, thats soooo cute!"
You all need to quit making excuses for terrorists, hell your better recruiters than their religous leaders are.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I dont know if thats true or not, and I couldnt care less. I just want to make the point that the USA isnt the cause of Islamic extremism and that it existed long before the USA was created.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I dont know if thats true or not, and I couldnt care less. I just want to make the point that the USA isnt the cause of Islamic extremism and that it existed long before the USA was created.

No, they are not the cause, just the ongoing reason.

Policies, policies, policies...............and you know that.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Our brief history as a nation is just a spit in the ocean of human civilization.

Apparently, we choose to ignore history when we should learn from it.

Just so. I came across this little story which rewrites history - replacing the word Christian, with the word Muslim....

Doesn't it just seem to you the way some folks around here would like it...

Ignorance and hate go hand in hand...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They certainly werent MY KIDS. So, your kids are killing me and my kids. We will react as we need to until you can keep your kids in check, until then, you have no right to complain how we do it.

Bottom line: If you wont keep your kids in line, we will. Shut up until that changes.

You have got to be kidding me... you really think that??

For a moment I thought I was reading terrorist manifesto.
I think it was Bin Laden who said that people who died on 9/11 are equaly responsible as their goverment for the slaughter of Iraqis in First Gulf War.
There is no difference there, since they are all americans, so he is allowed to kill them.

Wow, skippytjc, if I were you, I would seriously think about my point of view...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
its not justifiable...thats like bombing the vatican for something bad a christian did.....or blowing up some other holy site from another religion...
so much anti islamic slander around..how is this dening ignorance? seems like ignorance accepted not denyied...this over jingoistic behaviour is not credible in supporting an arguement or justification in attacking mecca...its a childish behaviour for an excuse to see fireworks and we all know how much the childish thepoliticians can be..remember people they brainwash you so when the time for war comes..youll be pumped to go fight no them, not their children....

deny ignorance?

or are some people just becoming engulfed in it?

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is Skippy? Next time there's a terrorist attack, go out in the street and kill 10 times as many Muslims as people killed in the attack. I'm sure that'll make you feel better. Or better yet, find a Muslim household, break in, hold a gun to the family members' heads and demand that they stop the terrorism or you'll execute them. This is the kind of logic you are espousing. You're no better than the terrorists who cut off innocent Westerner's heads with dull knives. You have become what you claim to hate.

Seriously, your bigotry is lowering the standard of this forum down into the muck. The sooner you go the way of the Horacid, the better IMO.

[edit on 2005-7-19 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
its not justifiable...thats like bombing the vatican for something bad a ..................

deny ignorance?

peace

Ignorance....

All is through the eyes of the beholder.

If one says and believes whole heartedly, no one can change anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Souljah-Don't add legitamacy to skippy's rants by labelling Islam at any time as "extreme". Of course their has been enmity between islam and the west, which has resulted in wars. But to label one side as extreme is nonsense. Islam has been no more extreme than the west.

Extreme Islam,

Extreme Christianity,

Extreme Judaism,

Whats the Difference?

NONE!

I was just trying to explain our dear mister skippy that EXTREME'S are present in all of these 3 Religions, and its not JUST ISLAM that is Extreme, nor is the USA the one that Created Extreme Islamism.

Yes there were Extreme Islamic Rules, as well as there were really Extreme Christian Rulers and there were Extreme Jewish Rulers.

So - does that make any of these 3 Religions any DIFFERENT then the Other?

In Essence they are all the same and they all Worship the same GOD.

[edit on 19/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No, they are not the cause, just the ongoing reason.

Policies, policies, policies...............and you know that.

thats not entirely true. The USA isnt the "reason", its just on the agenda. Extremism always needs a target, and right now its the Western lifestyles as they go against Muslim philosophies, and the USA is the biggest of them. The Koran itself says all must convert or die, the extremists take that at face value and act on it.

Having said that, there always has been Muslim extremists, and there always be Muslim extremists, the only things that change are thier targets.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm reading this and can't believe it so ...

You have voted skippytjc for the Way Above Nuclear Holocaust award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humster

Originally posted by q_ball
its not justifiable...thats like bombing the vatican for something bad a ..................

deny ignorance?

peace

Ignorance....

All is through the eyes of the beholder.

If one says and believes whole heartedly, no one can change anything.

But how is this ignorance passed to this person? Via brainwashing thru over jingoistic/anti islamic/pro zionist/gov't controlled and regulated media and jingoistic and biased education system. Come to think of it....how are we diffrent to the communist and the fascists? Look at our media? look at the education system...next Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will be proclaimed as National Heroes and Have monuments next to Abe Lincoln.

come to think of it..ignorane isnt always engulfed...its taught....

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is Skippy? Next time there's a terrorist attack, go out in the street and kill 10 times as many Muslims as people killed in the attack. I'm sure that'll make you feel better. Or better yet, find a Muslim household, break in, hold a gun to the family members' heads and demand that they stop the terrorism or you'll execute them. This is the kind of s***-for-brains logic you are espousing. You're no better than the terrorists who cut off innocent Westerner's heads with dull knives. You have become what you claim to hate.

This is just downright Ignorant, even if it was said in jest, this is not what skip is saying, hes saying take away the extremists religous cities if they can not stop terrorism, just like taking a kids toys away when he doesnt behave.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"Amr ibn al As attacked an concurred Babylon after a 6 month siege in 641 (over 1100 years before the USA). Amr ibn al As was made a commander by Muhammad himself. This was the start of a siege that converted all of Egypt to the Muslim faith. Which was Muhammad’s goal. You think for a moment that the people of Babylon weren’t terrorized by these extremists out to convert them to Islam or die? 1100 years before the USA existed!!!"

As mister WyrdeOne Mentioned in a Post before this one, I suggest you do more Research on the Muslim Culture and History.

Have You ever Head of Saladin - or are you Ignoring Him on Purpose? Even his name in Original Salah ad Din has a Meaning that was rare with any Western Leader, especially during the Crusades - "Righteousness of the Faith".

Despite his fierce opposition to the Christian powers, Saladin achieved a great reputation in Europe as a chivalrous knight, so much so that there existed by the 14th century an epic poem about his exploits, and Dante included him among the virtuous pagan souls in Limbo. The noble Saladin appears in a sympathetic light in Sir Walter Scott's The Talisman (1825). In spite of the fact that the Crusaders slaughtered Muslim men, women and children when they conquered Jerusalem, Saladin granted amnesty and free passage to all common Roman Catholics (the Greek Orthodox Christians were treated better, because they opposed the crusades) and even to the defeated Christian army.

Despite the differences in beliefs, Saladin was respected by Christian lords, Richard especially. They became almost friends, in a strange sort of way. Richard once praised Saladin as a great prince, saying that he was without doubt the greatest and most powerful leader in the Islamic world. Saladin in his turn stated that he would rather lose Jerusalem to Richard than to anyone else. After the treaty, Saladin and Richard sent each other many gifts as tokens of respect. However, these two military leaders never met face to face.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join