It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah baby! - "Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A note to all you warmongers:

If everyone on this planet 'Turned the other cheek' then most of the problems in this world would vanish within a generation.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by Souljah
The Source of the "Jihad" Against America is Right Here.

Ill admit Souljah, I don't know why Bush is protecting the Saudi's.

I mean the Saudi Royal Family should have been at the top of our "take-down" list.

You do know, you just don't like it so you block it out your mind or convince yourself its nothing.

You are an employee of The Corperation Of America, Bush is your boss and he is doing business with another Corperations boss. Neither of them care who gets 'Fired (die)' along the way.

Money before people. btw, Other countries own shares in America, So America must please its share holders also. You are not the land of the free anymore, the sooner you realise that the more freedom your mind will have.

We Good people are caught between 2 evils, careful not to stray onto either side.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Amazing Skippy, you and your friend on this thread are sounding more and more like the fine Dr.Horacid every day.

I have offered to talk to you about your hatred towards me in private messages. You declined in a rather, um, abrupt way. Since you have decided to continue this publicly, fine. But I am in no way interested in an exchange of silly personal attacks, lets get that straight, lets keep it rational.

Originally posted by skippytjc

#1 "Sick Morons" is a personal attack, consider yourself reported.

Reported for what exactley? Personal attack? How did I attack you or any other individual on this thread directly?

Sick morons is a slightly basic, but very apt description of people who support this kind of action. I can be more descriptive or more exact if you like. It wasn't an attack, it was simple truth. Any rational person would see this.

#2 Maybe your precious Muslims should get their extremists in check

Wow! Yes, every Muslim on the planet should be out hunting down Islamic extremists right now...instead of getting on with their normal lives. Because every Muslim on the planet is responsible for what a few nutters do? I would call you racist, but Islam is a religion not an ethnic group. Oh wait, let’s look at your next "point", maybe I can call you such according to your method of "classification"!

#3 Calling us "red neck cowboys" is a racist comment, as most Americans are not cowboys, and "red neck" is a racist comment

American people are a separate race now according to you, that is a very interesting statement of your beliefs, thanks. In fact I don't remember mentioning Americans at all. I think I said supporters of this policy, not "Americans". Stop reaching, its just plain silly and incorrect.

#4 I notivce you dont comment on America gretting Nuked, your racist AND heartless.

I did in my edit, which was before your post as I am sure a moderator can confirm. I said I hope such an attack never happens. I hope it never happens to any country, no matter what the circumstances. That is one place where we differ in personalities.

Why would I want the US to be "nuked"? How would that benefit me, how would that benefit anyone? We all know that the US is an important part of the World, we all know that every country is. I do not want anyone to be nuked, except maybe, extremists. We can't nuke individuals though can we.

How am I heartless? Because I would like a few extremists to disappear?

Wouldn't the World be a better place if they did? I am sure we agree on that point.

So, the fact I do not want millions of Middle Easterners to be killed because of the actions of a few, makes me heartless?

I stand by my original argument. Justify yourself friend. I understand your anger, but I do not understand your perception.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ok, here's a question...

When non neo-con strategists recommended to Rumsfeld and other neocon hawks, before the Iraq war, that the best way to fight terror through military action would be to use that action against Saudi Arabia, they were told to shut up, and asked never to come back again to make presentations before the groupthinking, rubber stamping Defense Policy Board.

One example, here....

So... why then, when a Congressman suggests invading Mecca, the hoi polloi supports him, not because of the strategic value, but because he didn't say Saudi Arabia, he said *Mecca*, the religious capital of the Muslim world?

Has hatred and jingoism completely obscured the logic and rationale of supporters of the Iraq war?

Where were you all, before we invaded Iraq, to tell the administration that we should focus on Saudi Arabia? Why are you lining up now to support the destruction of a single Saudi city of purely symbolic, religious significance?

Yup. Keep cheering on the slogans, don't give a thought as to how we can actually win the war on terror. You may actually realize this "war" has been botched from the very beginning, if it was ever meant to be one.

:bnghd:

-koji K.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Take oil out of the picture and Saudi Arabia would be off the map by now. This is all about big business, but the second a nuke goes off in America Iran and Syria will be next. Only reason is they don't have the big business as in SA.

By the time 3 million americans are dead, im not saying I would support it, but the Americans wouldn't care and would just go trigger happy on any nation on the region much less religeous installations, but they wouldn't even rule that out either.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I am sick and tired of mainstream Islam not taking any action against their OWN extremists. [edit on 18-7-2005 by skippytjc]

I guess this is a war against all Muslims after all, then... because every time the extremists strike, all you hear is "Damn these Muslims, why don't they speak out?" even though they do speak out.

I guess nothing moderate Muslims do from now on will ever be good enough for the U.S.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You have voted xmotex for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

For your comment on page 3, Xmotex. Very well said.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
I guess nothing moderate Muslims do from now on will ever be good enough for the U.S.

Please don't hold a grudge against the entire US for the drivel spoken by the few.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here's the main point:

Mecca will be nuked, on a long enough timeline, the only question is when.

Islam = Pray to Mecca (geo-centric) ...This only makes Mecca a sweeter target for anyone who wants to mess with Muslims. Duh. Eventually it will happen. It's been 1400 years of Islam, and we've only been in the nuclear age for 60. What do you think will happen in the next ten-twenty years as these arab nations each demand their own nuclear "deterrent"?

Even without the insanity of nuclear proliferation, Muslims are not doing enough to crank down on the extremists, so unless some of those billion folks mobilize and join the struggle, they'll all unfortunately suffer because of this. I'm not even really talking about the USA in fact. Lots of nations are tired of the extremists.

If your people pray toward a shrine, while some (few) of them bomb subways, gymnasiums and buildings (of nuclear world powers) in that religion's name, it doesn't take high math to figure out what's in the future for that shrine.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You have no idea how angry this thread makes me.
I can not even begin to describe the the disgust and rage I feel for this concept and those who support it. I will even go so far as to say that I hate anyone who would support such an act of madness. This goes beyond crimes against humanity this wouldb e a blasphemy against life and civilization itself.

I am disgusted at the blatant hypocrisy entailed in even contemplating such an act of villainy. Have you all forgotten 911 have you forgotten the impotent rage you felt at those maniacs who snuffed out thousands of innocent lives in an instant all because they happened to be vaguely associated with something considered an enemy. THIS A THOUSAND TIMES WORSE. Any one who supports this is an enemy of justice and enemy of freedom and to top it all off an enemy of me as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's a sure way to get the Vatican destroyed also.

It's amazing how the extreemists on the western side of the fence believe that their options are always going to be the final option and somehow magically end the fighting so we all can live in peace.

If anyone believes peace in todays day and age will come via a nuclear bomb - your living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

If everyone on this planet 'Turned the other cheek' then most of the problems in this world would vanish within a generation.

As it has been said a thousand times, by me if nobody else: Tell that to the bad guys first!
I'm glad the whole world didn't offer their collective cheeks to Hitler. I found German to be too challenging.
I would've sucked at Russian, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

As it has been said a thousand times, by me if nobody else: Tell that to the bad guys first!

Ahh, but the 'bad guys' aren't the ones saying they are children of Christ who taught the rule of Turning the other cheek.

If the leaders of the western world were actually Chrisitans like they want us to believe, they would be following their own advice by trying to get talks started with the worlds leading Muslims to get peaceful Islamic education spread amongst the muslim communities. They'd be using compassion first and starting a series of talks on an even level with other leaders in order to teach muslims that extreemists are not representative of the true beliefs of their faith.

Bush is a self confessed Chrisitan, but instead of 'turning the other cheek' as his Lord and saviour says is the road to righteousness, he's instead using 'pre-emptive war' as 'crusades' against 'evil doers'.

Why expect Muslims to use a Christian philosphy to open up peaceful talks when it's their nations that are being invaded and their resources being taken?

If there was such a thing as Chrisitians in government, especially in America, UK, Australia as those leaders claim, then they would be using the compassionate technique, the fact they aren't but instead trying to play it like 9/11 was the begining, it was undeserved and it's why they must pre-empt with war in fossil fuel rich parts of the world should be the first sign that there's no way the Western leaders WANT a peaceful solution, especially if it means giving up the things they must have from the Middle East for their energy dependent future.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So apparently Tom Tancredo was helping to make the next recruiting video for Osama.

What a great quote. I am sure it will help in their efforts to turn other young Muslim men into murdurers.

I believe what Tom Tancredo said is potentially treason. He is putting the lives of our soldiers in further danger in Iraq and Afghanistan by spewing out idiotic statements such as these. Now they have a whole other reason to try and kill as many as they can. To threaten the primary and most holy site of a religion is idiotic. Especially when the enemy is using that religion as a jumping off point for their war.

I get that we have to fight terrorist, I supported the war in Afghanistan fully. I also know that we have to look for ways to stop the recruiting. Killing them is just not working alone. We must work with leaders in the Muslim community to counter the messages they are getting from extremist. For a US Congressman to provide them with what I am sure is the ultimate reason to fight us is dangerous. He should be publicly admonished on the floor of the house for these comments.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
So destroy something of worship for millions/billions because of what a few did?

Sick morons.

#1 "Sick Morons" is a personal attack, consider yourself reported.

LOL! You might find it interesting to know that Thomas Crowne has called people "moron" on numerous occassions. I bet you covered your eyes when Janet Jackson showed her boob during the superbowl.

Grow up skippy.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Xmotex, why are the "Crusades" always brought up in regards to Muslim anger? The Crusades was not an act of unprovoked aggression by Europe against the Islamic world, but a delayed response to centuries of Muslim aggression. Read a little hsitory, in the mean time...lets stick with current events.

Hmmmm...

In the time when Crusades happened Europe was a Bunch of Barely Civilized Savages, which have just stopped killing each other, and NEEDED an Enemy in order to satisfy theiri Strong Desire to Fight!

And the East was a Civilized Culture, with Big Cities, with Developed Medicine, Astronomy, Mathematics, Writing etc.

The origins of the crusades lie in Western developments earlier in the Middle Ages, as well as the deteriorating situation of the Byzantine Empire. The breakdown of the Carolingian Empire in the later 9th century, combined with the relative stabilization of local European borders after the Christianization of the Vikings, Slavs, and Magyars, meant that there was an entire class of warriors who now had very little to do but fight among themselves and terrorize the peasant population. The Church tried to stem this violence with the Peace and Truce of God movements, forbidding violence against certain people at certain times of the year. This was somewhat successful, but trained warriors always sought an outlet for their violence. A plea for help from the Byzantine Emperor Alexius I in opposing Muslim attacks thus fell on ready ears.

en.wikipedia.org...

So - first the Good Ol' CHURCH Christianized all the Pagans, such as Vikings, Slavs (my Ancestors) and Magyars - all with Fire and with Sword. And then the good ol' Church needed a New Enemy of the State, and You guessed it - the Muslims were the Perfect Target.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm not even sure why this is up for debate; isn't it blindingly obvious?

If you destroy - or attempt to destroy - a place sacred to any religious group, you're going to see an enormous increase in the levels of outrage, anger, fear and hatred felt by those followers, radical or otherwise.

How would that reduce terrorism, exactly?

Radical Muslims are already angry at the West. Destroying a site sacred to Islam will only serve to prove their point and guarantee more support for their cause; that's precisely how terrorist groups gain new followers and new sympathy.

Punishing the many for the acts of a few is not going to accomplish anything other than an increase in hatred; we'd simply be adding more fuel to a fire that's already burning out of control.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I, for one, am 100% behind this if any radical Islamic group used a WMD on US soil.

Why? Because we need main streem MUSLIM help keeping that from happening. If the entire Muslim community believed that this would be the response from the USA if a Islamic group used a nuke, then they themselves would do everything they could to keep the radicals among them in check. Hey, islamic law states: And eye for an eye...

[edit on 18-7-2005 by skippytjc]

You state Islamic law, I take it you are Muslim then? Or do change your faith like the wind?

This is merely the rantings of the far-right radical US that believes that all Muslims are to blame.

It's not a good idea to voice your opinions without engaging your brain first.

Short term solutions, if you can call them that, are no way to acheive long term goals.

I assume you would have been behind the British bombing the Vatican based on the behaviour of the IRA?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
OH, this guy "REALLY" gets it, doesnt he...

Warmonger.. all he will do is keep the fight going for another few cycles...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Namrud tried to attack mecca before islam but he was punished by Allah .

Mecca had been attacked before and its by a muslim where there was General Abu Yosef al Hajaj

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join