It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah baby! - "Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
thematrix,
how am I distorting the thread?
From the article:

Rep. Tom Tancredo made his remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in Orlando, Florida. His spokesman stressed he was only speaking hypothetically.
Talk show host Pat Campbell asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U.S. cities with nuclear weapons.
"Well, what if you said something like -- if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites," Tancredo answered.
"You're talking about bombing Mecca," Campbell said.
"Yeah," Tancredo responded.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

AS my postings have repeatedly stated the very same thing. The sole difference is singling out Mecca as you yourself have on this thread, as the primary example.
I believe that sites that are of religious or historical significance should be sanctosanct, I can easily see where if the US (or any other nation) were to be hit by a nuke from a religious extermist group, I do not see what would stop, the US or anyother nation in the same boat, from targeting the holy sites as distasteful and hateful as that sounds.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I can only imagine that Rep. Tom Tancredo was trying to make some brownie points with the extremists or something and not thinking very clearly that day.

Mecca is in Saudi Arabia and any attack on this holy site would stop the flow of oil from the Middle East, stop it cold......... It would put the USA at war with every Muslim in the world and make the Americans look bad in the eyes of the other religions around the globe.

And after the dust settled, not a single terrorist would be dead they would just be stronger and have a larger fighting force (about 1 billion strong).

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Mecca is a very holy place that is protect by God.

The british emipire invede nearly the whole world with the french expect for KSA or Hajaz.

Its a holy place that the prophet Ibrahim prayed for it

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Tom Tancredo is in my opinion, a good choice for President. His Mexican border stance alone is enough to win me over. Bush refuses to enforce our border laws, so we can only look to the future for good leadership.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by christconserv]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by christconserv]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
God forbid America gets hit with WMD in multiple cities, because SOMEBODY is going to have to pay in blood for that crime.

The American cries for revenge will reach the stars and POTUS will be forced to retaliate with our own WMD....otherwise he will get booted out of office in record time. If the US Government does not retaliate, the next American Revolution will start .

The POTUS will have to ask the Pentagon to draw up a list of targets for retaliation and I can promise you Mecca will be close to the top of that list.

I could care less if the Saudi's are wiped off the map. They Hate us and I Hate them in return.

Maximu§

[edit on 023131p://111 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Proof that we have our own violent fanatics as mindlessly murderous as any Islamic terrorist.

Collectively punishing every Muslim on the planet because of what a few fanatics do is precisely the same kind of attitude that allows those fanatics to kill office workers and commuters and think they're striking a blow for justice against the "Great Satan"

So congratulations, to everyone who would support this, you are now the moral equivalent of Osama Bin Laden.

[edit on 7/18/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
xmotex
That's it in a nutshell. Well said.

'We're gonna terrorize the terrorists to show them that terrorism is wrong!'

Idiot. The fact that this congressman advanced past the stage of life where his mother had the oppurtunity to crush his skull with a rock bewilders me.

Human beings need to start eating their young.

It's just become that bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"You have voted xmotex for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

Killing people purely because of their religion, not because of their involvement, reminds me of someone and a certain mind set of a party not long since dead.

I am going to say this and it is harsh and I may even get warned for it.

If this nuclear attack ever did happen and I hope it never does, I think it would be a good thing for this planet if those who support the retalitory action described in this thread..were caught under the blast.

The world needs less extremist nutters, from both sides of the fence so to speak.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From the movie Sword Fish

Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?
Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb 10. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourist, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah! quote a crappy John Travolta movie!

Which BTW, he was a criminal in that movie, and robbed banks and held Americans hostage, for the sake of getting nukes to bomb terrorist countries.

I guess you think that's a good thing to support huh?

Kill one American now to save 10 later.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OK, Liberals listen closely

To win a war against the Radical Islam, you have to be more ruthless than they are.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
OK, Liberals listen closely

To win a war against the Radical Islam, you have to be more ruthless than they are.

Maximu§

Ok, right wing NeoCON, you listen closely

waging a war against all muslims isn't fighting back against Radical Islam.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You don't have to be more ruthless.

You have to be smarter.

We've already lost by the looks of things.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice
Ok, right wing NeoCON, you listen closely
waging a war against all muslims isn't fighting back against Radical Islam.

personnal Insults?

Its amusing how Liberals in ATS are the 1st. to throw insults when their senseless arguments run outta gas.

Well, I NEVER said to kill ALL Muslims, but the source of the Jihad against America is right in Mecca.

Now when you kill ants....do you run all around the yard stomping on them one-by-one or do you stomp on the anthill?

Personally I stomp on the anthill.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Some of you are as bad and as simple/single minded as the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
So destroy something of worship for millions/billions because of what a few did?

Sick morons. You would have every muslim on the planet beying for the US' to be destroyed, is that what you want? I expect so, give you racists an excuse to kill all those A Rabs eh.

Yehaw, gotta love the red neck cowboys.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Kriz_4]

#1 "Sick Morons" is a personal attack, consider yourself reported.

#2 Maybe your precious Muslims should get thier extremists in check

#3 Calling us "red neck cowboys" is a racist comment, as most Americans are not cowboys, and "red neck" is a racist comment

#4 I notivce you dont comment on America gretting Nuked, your racist AND heartless.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maximus, by saying we must be more "ruthless" then them, you must be saying that we kill EVERY Muslim alive. It has nothing to do with being a "liberal". It has do to with common sense and morals. What do you think the babys and kids of the Muslim nation are going to do if we followed your plan? They would grow up hating the U.S. and the same terrorist vilolence would just continue with a new generation of Muslims. Except now ALL Muslims would be extremists toward America if your plan was followed out.
I love when NON-liberal's call anyone that does not agree with them a "liberal".

[edit on 18-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok. what shoud the US do if several nukes are detonated on its soil?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
Some of you are as bad and as simple/single minded as the terrorists.

Sometimes "simple" is better Greg. I mean whats so complicated about this? We get hit with WMD and we hit back at the source of their Jihad with our WMD.

Max

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Well, I NEVER said to kill ALL Muslims, but the source of the Jihad against America is right in Mecca.

The Source of the "Jihad" Against America is Right Here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join