It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small nuclear weapons may be in wrong hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Suitcase-size nuclear weapons are missing from Russia's nuclear arsenal and could be in the hands of terrorists, Russia's former security chief insisted Wednesday.

I know this is an older article but Lebed carries credibility in my eyes

CIA Director Warns of Missing Nukes ( Sounds like another credible source!)
www.themoscowtimes.com...

Enough weapons-grade nuclear material has gone missing from Russian facilities to build a nuclear bomb, new CIA director Porter Goss told U.S. senators.

SA worried about missing nukes

www.news24.com...

( We often forget south africa was a nuke power)

The more one looks into this "Missing Nuke Syndrome" One has to wonder how much longer we'll be lucky?

Here's more food for thought!!

Missing Nukes? Does Pakistan know how many Nukes it created under corrupt Abdul Qadeer Khan?

www.indiadaily.com...

Good to know that when/if anything happpens some "Great Minds" has sat down to figure out what the response needs to be... some incredible details can be found here!

www.dtic.mil...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
After the fall of the Iron Curtain, weapons from military bases were being stolen and sold on the black market in large numbers. there was a case (I wish I had the link) that the FBI was investigating where a Russian mofia informant had dropped the dime on a sale of russian weapons and even an old russian sub.

Its no suprise to me that nukes could have or were taken to be sold on the black market. Many of the Russian nuke sites are still under secured and this threat has been on the tops of may professioanl minds for several years. Why nothing has been done about it is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Remember also that after the fall of the iron curtain that many Russian nuclear scientist became unemployed. From what i understand the U.S. did not hire them. So what do you think those scientists did? Did they go into poverty or lesser paying jobs or did they hire themselves out to people who would actually pay them to develop things for them?

new topics

join