It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

clearest / brightest orb ever captured

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
hi all,

thi picture is for educational purpose only, you may post whatever opinion pertaining to the orb, kindly DO NOT condemn the Lady Goddess in the picture, you have been warned.




[edit on 18-7-2005 by betaiso]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by betaiso]




posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
betaiso,
did you take this picture?
Where is it from?
Who took it?
Who is the woman?
references please.
links please



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
betaiso,
did you take this picture?
Where is it from?
Who took it?
Who is the woman?
references please.
links please


yes...
i take the picture
it is in a chinese temple
the women is a popular Goddess/Deity that chinese worship
there is no link, i have got some other pictures on my computer thought



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
First off, I'd just like to state that the picture is quite creepy
. Not the woman in the picture, just the lighting and how the room is dark, etc.

That orb is pretty darn clear and close-up. You can see the edges with a little bit of glowing aura-ness around it and everything. Looks kind of like a traditional diagram of cell. Up close enough you can even see what looks like little sparks, like a "ball of pure energy" would be expected to look like
.

I'm assuming the woman is made of wax and this is in a museum, probably pretty dusty. Not condemning, just stating.

This is probably the best picture anybody can hope to obtain of an orb. I won't condemn it or judge it, because I know what the experience is like from posting pictures of unknown orb-type things of my own.[Link] . I prefer pictures of orbs when they are more 'streaks of light' so it is less explainable, but a very good shot nonetheless.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Yarcofin]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Did you really take this pic? The reason i ask is because you say she is a chinese woman but she does not appear to be asian. The second reason is that she appears to be a wax statue or some other type of statue. Her "hands" appear to be not real but that of a statue of some sort.
i am not saying this is the case but it looks that way in the pic.
Also ther appears to be a red light bulb at her feet that is off as though it might be there to light her up at times if she is a statue.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by GREGNOW]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
Did you really take this pic? The reason i ask is because you say she is a chinese woman but she does not appear to be asian. The second reason is that she appears to be a wax statue or some other type of statue. Her "hands" appear to be not real but that of a statue of some sort.
i am not saying this is the case but it looks that way in the pic.


she (the Lady Goddess, a Deity) is a wax statue chinese people put on display (for worship) in a Chinese Temple

this particular statue is in a very old Temple, I took a couple of pictures on my visit


[edit on 18-7-2005 by betaiso]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, that confirms that then. now the question left is did you superimpose the "orb" onto the pic or did it really just show up like that on the pic? Also do you have any other pics that you took that have a simular looking orb (either colored or white) that may have somehow transfered to the pic of the lady when they were developed?



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Enlarging the photo, it looks like there is either a glass or plexiglass window between the photographer and the wax figure.
One of the give aways to this is if you look closely at the headress of the figure, you can see the reflection of the flash shining off of it.
Great shot though.
My question is why the figure is not of an asian woman in a chinese temple?



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
Well, that confirms that then. now the question left is did you superimpose the "orb" onto the pic or did it really just show up like that on the pic? Also do you have any other pics that you took that have a simular looking orb (either colored or white) that may have somehow transfered to the pic of the lady when they were developed?


I certainly did not superimpose any orb onto the picture, I am sure we have plenty of Adobe Photoshop guru around to analyse and testify that

it was taken with a digital camera, I never develop any paper photo



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
THe "orb" bear an unmistakable resemblance to the diffraction pattern of an out-of-focus lense. These patterns are routinely observed by astronomers to check the quality of the optics in their instruments. Having seen these many hundreds of times when collimating my telescopes, I believe with near 100% certainty that the "orb" is, in fact, such generated in the same manner and is likely superimposed over the wax woman (she is clearly not real -- look at the hands).

Sorry... I have to label this a hoax.

Please see the brief tutorial on optic diffraction patterns for more information.




The link to the page is here..



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Enlarging the photo, it looks like there is either a glass or plexiglass window between the photographer and the wax figure.
One of the give aways to this is if you look closely at the headress of the figure, you can see the reflection of the flash shining off of it.
Great shot though.
My question is why the figure is not of an asian woman in a chinese temple?


there is no glass or window between me and the statue

ask any Chinese and he/she will tell you that the Deity is claded in 100% traditional chinese costume about thousand year old

as for the "look" of the statue, the chinese built their Deity on Her "imagined/perceived/believed" image



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
THe "orb" bear an unmistakable resemblance to the diffraction pattern of an out-of-focus lense. These patterns are routinely observed by astronomers to check the quality of the optics in their instruments. Having seen these many hundreds of times when collimating my telescopes, I believe with near 100% certainty that the "orb" is, in fact, such generated in the same manner and is likely superimposed over the wax woman (she is clearly not real -- look at the hands).

Sorry... I have to label this a hoax.

Please see the brief tutorial on optic diffraction patterns for more information.




The link to the page is here..


can there be a dozen of out-of-focus lense orbs? I am asking this question seriously, I am learning here... I believe those are real orbs because I personally took those pictures

what about this pic with a dozen or so orbs? please excuse the lightning, this is a very old chinese temple


[edit on 18-7-2005 by betaiso]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wow the last 1 is weird but the the first one is of better quality(orb i talking about) is that women real or is it a statue



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliott reid
wow the last 1 is weird but the the first one is of better quality(orb i talking about) is that women real or is it a statue


that is a statue, a Deity in a chinese temple



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I feel pretty safe in saying that the dozen or so orbs in the second picture were entirely caused by dust. I have taken a series of pictures in an old theatre a while ago, and pretty much every single picture had orbs in it caused by dust. There were even some in the pictures outside, after all the people walked out and took some of the dust in the air with them.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've seen the exact same orb on a picture someone in my family made while we were visiting Knossos in Crete. I cant find the picture anymore, someone must have deleted it, but I think it was just some dust on the lens, especially after what Centrist said. I also have 2 pictures I took at night in my backyard. On these pictures you can see small balls of light, at first I tought it was very weird but than I figured out it were most likeley just flying insects that reflected the light from my flash.

Yoe see how easy it is to make a fake picture, even if you don't intend to



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in orbs (I think that 95% of the time, they're dust), but it's cool looking nonetheless. It reminded me of an ameoba...but I think it was due to one of the reasons mentioned before.



posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would call it dust or some kind of oil(from hands,etc)......but you can call it orb.

Do the following. Go to the same place, and take more photos........but with diferent camera. Or clean your lense with alchool or something, and take photo again.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That's not an orb it is just a spec of dust relfecting the light which causes that effect. Orbs are spheres and are pure bright white light that you can't see through. That is just a reflection and you can see that clearly. No need to waste everyones time with that usless information.



posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Orbs are spheres and are pure bright white light that you can't see through.


Do you mean solid like the pic I have up on THIS thread link below?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]




top topics



 
0

log in

join