It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Snipers - Shoot to kill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Now this is the way to manage terrorists!!!

They dont have enough to arrest them yet, so they follow them with orders to shoot to kill if they attempt any terrorism.

Two thumbs up to the Britts from this American

TimesOnline

"UNDERCOVER police sniper squads are tracking as many as a dozen Al-Qaeda suspects because security services fear they could be planning more suicide attacks, writes David Leppard.
The covert armed units are under orders to shoot to kill if surveillance suggests that a terror suspect is carrying a bomb and he refuses to surrender if challenged.

The deployment of the teams in the past week signals the huge “intelligence gap” that has opened up since the London bombings.

Police fear the suspects could be planning a further wave of attacks but do not have enough evidence to arrest them, or place them under the government’s new anti-terror control orders.

Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan police commissioner, warned last week that there was a “very strong possibility” of more terrorist bombings.

Scotland Yard and MI5 say there may be more “bomb factories”. However, officers admit that they have no idea which suspects could be planning the next attacks so they are deploying the sniper squads as an emergency measure..."

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I thought they were on shoot to kill for about a year

i remember reading about it sometime last year.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, that may or may not be the case. But I read this as they are following some specific people right now that they dont have enough evidence to pick them up yet.

So, we know your up to something, but we cant prove it. So we will follow you and we will shoot you if you try anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Its a good idea, I just hope nobody whos being followed who mght be innocent is asked to surrender and then refuses...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I totally agree.
then we

If you really want to embrace extremism go get on board a plane
and embrace it there, burn your passport and blow yourself up.
Somewhere where nobody cares.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well that a good move here!!!course i ve heard too more LE RESISTANCES BOMBER now using an AK SNIPER RIFLES,well from suicide bombers they become more fast learners ohhhs.Now the equal UK sniper versus LE Resistances Bomber sniper

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I agree, its a very aggressive tactic. But unfortunatly, its a sign of the times. You cant fight fire with a squirt gun, you know?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A bit of reporting sensationalism.

Firstly, the idea that "shoot to kill" is a specific ordered act, rather than a natural consequence of having to open fire, is reading too much tabloid journalism. Anyone who is firearms trained is taught to aim for the torso, the largest target area on a human. Needless to say, as the torso contains all the major and much needed bodily organs, a fatal shooting is indeed a likelihood. There's none of this "shoot 'em in the legs so we can interrogate them" Hollywood stuff.

Secondly, the term "Sniper" is probably a little off the mark. A sniper is a long range killer and will lie in wait for his target. In all likelihood there are armed officers trailing suspects but, in our busy urban areas, I very much doubt that there are snipers lying in wait.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I's a pity we live in such a world.
There's enough of this world for everyone and their beliefs.
But thats too hard for some.
I agree with this new action.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i always thought any sniper was on 'shoot to kill'... i've never heard that they were ever on 'shoot to not harm too much' or 'shoot to injure'

top topics

join