It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official BTS Suggestion and Idea Thread! /kick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hello hello HELLO beautiful people of BTS! I'd just like to have this thread going so you know what we got cooking and so you guys can let us now more tweaks you desire!

Below are links to send private messages (u2u) to me and my BTS Council Staff, so don't be afraid!

Click here to U2U Lysergic

Click here to U2U EnronOutrunHomerun

Click here to U2U UK Wizard

The things we got cooking up for BTS currently are:

1. New Smilies
  2. Better Point System for BTS
  3. Most Chilled Out Member Award with Award Design Competition
  4. Polls

Now I ask you all what is missing, what are things that would make your BTS exprience all the more enjoyable? We don't want to try and implement anything you guys wouldn't want and wouldn't want to keep you guys out in the cold on this so let us have it.

external image

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You know what'd be cool?

uber sized smilies like that dancing banana rockin out.

now THAT would rock

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think the description for the Comics board should be changed.

Comics
Can the Green Lantern take Batman? What about Superman versus The Hulk. Find out here.

To me that sound too nerdy :p

Perhaps something like this...

Comics
From Marvel to DC, Dark Horse to Devil's Due.
Discuss your favorite comic books and graphic novels here.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
BTS chat doesn't work for me, it hasn't since we switched to the new chat software. It'd be cool if it did. I don't remember, either, if the BTS chat went to the ATS chat? But if it didn't it'd be cool if it was an option on that menu.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey that would rule good idea parrhesia!

Umbrax, I'll pass that along the chain for ya.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Can BTS take PTS? What about ATSNN versus The Onion? Find out here.

To me that sounds just right! :p

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I dunno if you have sustained a head injury BUT BTS WTFPWNZ!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bump

Spill them beans y'all

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well to get the smiley upgrades off to a start here are a few suggestions:

The first one is my personal favorite.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
ATM we're just waiting well BTS is for point system to activate!

I got 3 of those smilies already in the smilies we've compiled and thats just waiting for the point system so it can go in

I'll add that 1 to the list though

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The only problem with making suggestions is that if the suggestions do not support ATS/BTS policy, then one risks the danger of being censured. Is this, or is this not, an open forum (moderated, of course) where an open debate, conversation or discourse can proceed and develop? At the present, I am feeling a bit "gun shy" to start any thread whatsoever, in spite of the fact that whatever I have posted has always been within the realms of good taste, honesty and with a genuine interest in the creation of global "virtual community" .

I love....really love ATS/BTS. It's fun, entertaining, educational and a place where I often find myself intrigued.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
One thing BTS needs.... more cowbell. A link to a cowbell sound or when you get a u2u a cowbell is played! To cheer everyone up. Everyone loves a little cowbell.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe make it so that if a Mod thinks that a thread should be trashed they couldn't trash it without first making a poll out of said thread so members would get a chance to decide if they want the thread trashed or not(unless the thread is in direct and obvious violation of T&C).

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Maybe make it so that if a Mod thinks that a thread should be trashed they couldn't trash it without first making a poll out of said thread so members would get a chance to decide if they want the thread trashed or not(unless the thread is in direct and obvious violation of T&C).

I agree. And if this isn't quite what the administration at ATS has in mind, perhaps the thread could go to a vote by "elected council". At least, then, members might feel that they have had a chance to have some input even if it is through our "elected" representatives.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I agree. And if this isn't quite what the administration at ATS has in mind, perhaps the thread could go to a vote by "elected council".

I might be the lone dissenter here, but I disagree.

Let the mods keep their prerogatives in place; all that should be done (if anything), is they decide within themselves whether a thread should be trashed or not.

Opening it up for posters to vote upon simply enables common sense to perhaps take a back seat to personal feelings towards a poster/topic.

Imho

[edit on 9-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Tinkleflower; I agree that the Mods should agree amongt themselves whether or not a thread should be ended according to the criteria that ATS/BTS has established. After all, ATS/BTS is not a democratic cyber-society. ATS/BTS is a privately held corporate entity. I am in total agreement. However, threads are often "killed" simply because, frankly, they have deviated from original intent or have, for all intents and purposes, discussed a topic to death. An example of this is the infamous "Can China invade Taiwan" thread.

The "Can China invade Taiwan" thread could have been closed long ago. If the mods had been even-handed in their treatment of this matter this would have occurred. However, it has been popularly deemed to allow it to continue. What I am proposing is that Mods do their work. They would close threads in violation of ATS/BTS policy, however threads that do not directly violate ATS/BTS policty could be closed only after a vote of the newly elected council...as representatives of the ATS membership they could could vote to close or allow to remain open threads that, otherwise, do not infringe upon policy.

Two things would be acheived through this; one, the elected members could truly become representatives of the general membership by, in some cases, advocating for member initiated threads and, two, the elected representatives would actually become representatives for the membership that elected them.

If this is impossible, then explain why some posts, which are not in violation of ATS/BTS policy while others like the noted China invading Taiwan thread continue to remain open?

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just thank your stars I be not mod, for the faith and theology forum would be sent to the firery pits of the trash bin to burn for all eternity

question: how does a fire burn forever when nothing lasts forever.

and if its possible
then it makes it possible for a jiffy puff that lasts me forl ike a decade.

1 pill

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
the elected members could truly become representatives of the general membership by, in some cases, advocating for member initiated threads and, two, the elected representatives would actually become representatives for the membership that elected them.

You have improved upon my idea, I thank you. I suggested that because recently there was a Spring-Heeled Jack thread that got trashed, and I, for one, couldn't figure out why. I believe that this idea will aid the content of ATS to make it better. Don't get me wrong, ATS is modded very well and its content is excellent, but it is not perfect. I do not believe that this idea will make it perfect, to the contrary, I believe that anything built or made by Man is inherently flawed. But we should not see the fact that we can never be perfect as a bad thing, nay, we should be inspired to better ourselves because of it!
We can never reach perfection, that means that we have an infinite amount of ground to cover. What a challenge! We will always be able to better ourselves, and with each time we do better ourselves we become stronger and more able. Having an infinite amount of ground to run across that means we can become infinitely good runners! With each step we better ourselves and we always have another step to go. That is how we should see life. I believe that this idea is the next step in the infinite advancement of ATS/BTS.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ats has so many 'dead threads in it. could not it be cleaned up a bit?

also, the status lines like 'writer' sould be scrapped, because no one uses the writer status for sure. then we could get some new blood into the fiction forem
. i noticed hundrads of writers around everywhere, except the fiction forem.

also, could we get some new forems to have a bit more varity? like...

the ramble forem, where anyone can have a ramble without fear of reilgous fanaitics trashing the thead

the hobbie forem, where people can talk about hobbies

iam sure if i gave it some thought i could come up with some much better ones.

the main thing is, we need new blood!

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue_sky_9
the ramble forem, where anyone can have a ramble without fear of reilgous fanaitics trashing the thead

Do you mean a forum where religious discussion is specifically not allowed?

I'm not sure we need new blood, as much as perhaps filtering the current blood supply..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join