It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letterman Interviews President Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 11:01 AM
link   
President Clinton appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Wednesday night. Again we were reminded of something many may have forgotten since January 20, 2001: how a brilliant, articulate, patriotic, effective, visionary, elected and respected president of the United States comports himself in public and speaks to important issues and crises facing our country. A president who does not need shameless media whores to turn his vices into virtues. A president of character and accomplishment that Americans can be proud of.

The President and Mr. Letterman discussed 9/11, Iraq, the Middle East, Northern Ireland, terrorism, alternative energy, and many other topics. The two discussed these issues in their current context as well as in terms of the big picture and the future. The President advised giving Iraq one more shot at weapons inspections, and laid out an unassailable argument for this solution for the squatter in the people's White House to heed.

The interview reminded us of what a president Americans trust to make decisions in the best interests of the people of America sounds like. The audience agreed, wholeheartedly and enthusiastically:

www.mediawhoresonline.net...

If our current chinese president - Dim Son - were only half the man

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Do keep in mind all the Clintonites (former aides and what not) that are now 'mediawhores.'

Clinton just had to get on TV that day, somehow, some way.

bt, any fishing planned this weeked?

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yo BT.

I know some peoples who are brilliants, articulates, patriotics, effectives, visionary, but NOT elected , and have a different point of view.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yup, he's still the slimball media-lover he always was. While he was ineffectual as president, he is still trying to rewrite history to give him a favorable page. That'll have to wait until those who were alive and mature during the Clinton years are dead.

Dim Son, huh? Mr. Dim Son has maneuvered the democratic dummies all over the political ball field. Thanks to democratic "intelligence", the republicans will certainly gain more seats in Congress this November. I love it!!

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Don't worry TC, he will not go back to the WH.

Hey, don't tell me that some US citizens want to vote for Hiiiiiiiiiiiiilary ??? No...no...please.....stop....It's not possible...AAAARRRGH...

Damn, I'm stupid. I was scaring myself.
Brrrr...What a vision !

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Clinton was a better man than Bush will ever be. Period.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
Clinton was a better man than Bush will ever be. Period.

Yep, sure. For helping in the destruction of the USA, Clinton was really much better than Bush. You right " Chamberlain ".

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If you over look some of Clinton's downsides maybe you would think he was a good president, though I CAN NOT overlook the following:
- Lewinsky
- He was in fact impeached.
- First President to be disbarred while in office
- �Pardon-Gate�. Money for pardons - Mark Rich most notably.
- �File-Gate�
- �Travel-Gate�
- �China-Gate� (Clinton gave them the Panama Canal for Christ sake! Good bye Monroe Doctrine - not to mention all the bogus tech transfer to China)
- Whitewater
- Scores of mysterious deaths, including Vince Foster, McDougal, Commerce Sec. Brown, to name a few. (Try using a search engine and searching for �Clinton Death list, or a variation)
- Cut military and intelligence
- Largest tax hike in history

Clinton's and his cronies together:
- Most convictions and guilty pleas
- Most Cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most witnesses to die suddenly
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 01:15 PM
link   
HE NEVER EVEN GOT THE MOST VOTES!!!

His IQ is 100 at the most

He has never had to earn any position in his life.

Big Oil has its big ugly hand up his ass.

THOUSANDS of not-so-mysterious deaths in Afghanistan

He isn't offering # to rebuild the country

An oil exec on the board of the company planning to build the pipeline happens to now be President

"Bushisms" i.e. "Do you have blacks in Brazil too?"

"It's not pollution causing global warming, its impurities in the air"

Now quite frankly who cares if Bill got some pussy!!???

And what is wrong with a tax hike if it increases public sevice and gets your country into SURPLUS!!

If it don't get there soon, you will make Argentina look like a warm up.

[Edited on 16-9-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Votes? Popular votes don't elect presidents. Can't believe you didn't know that. If you live in this country it's obvious the public school system has failed you.

Hi IQ? Bush does have an MBA, attending both Harvard and Yale.
Isn't Clinton married? Typical liberal morality bs. Tax hike? Our current recession was predicted based on Clintons tax hike. Thanks BILL. Reagan cut taxes and government revenue almost tripled. So, why not lower them instead, giving them more money to purchase taxable goods and services? Tell me you want to pay more taxes. That whole oil angle is sooo old - think of something original. Most politcians everywhere have been well off. That's nothing new.

The US is doing LOTS to help Afganistan (www.usaid.gov...).
and this is notable (but you make it sound like nothing is being ):
The United States provided 80 percent of all food aid to U.N. World Food Program (WFP) for Afghanistan last fiscal year, and already more than 50 percent this year. The goal is to deliver 300,000 metric tons (MT) of food aid to the people of Afghanistan through the spring. (52,000 MT of food a month will feed approximately six million people.)

[Edited on 16-9-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The best Bushism I saw recently was;
"The problem with the French is they have no word for entrepreneur"

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I saw David Letterman that day, and Jay Leno had John McCain...

What Clinton said about Alternative Energy and oil was excellent and right on the money!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You mean Clinton's executive orders about alternative energy that basically ended up giving ENRON our tax money???

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking 'bout there...

I meant when he said that we should start using more things like solar panels etc... Especially that part when he told the Saudi's to fill the place with solar panels...Drop or lessen the use of oil... Decentralize power management.

That's what I'm talking about...

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Why didn't he do any of that when he was in office? 8 years and he didn't change anything. I think all of us can agree on our need to use alternative energy.

I say drill in Alaska - cut our dependence on ME oil.

also realize our 2nd and 3rd biggest oil providers are Mexican and Canada. SA is #1.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
If you over look some of Clinton's downsides maybe you would think he was a good president, though I CAN NOT overlook the following:
- Lewinsky
- First President to be disbarred while in office
- �Pardon-Gate�. Money for pardons - Mark Rich most notably.
- �File-Gate�
- �Travel-Gate�
- �China-Gate� (Clinton gave them the Panama Canal for Christ sake! Good bye Monroe Doctrine - not to mention all the bogus tech transfer to China)
- Whitewater
- Scores of mysterious deaths, including Vince Foster, McDougal, Commerce Sec. Brown, to name a few. (Try using a search engine and searching for �Clinton Death list, or a variation)
- Cut military and intelligence
- Largest tax hike in history

Clinton's and his cronies together:
- Most convictions and guilty pleas
- Most Cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most witnesses to die suddenly
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

Fantastic_damnit, you din't reply to BoB88 post. Can u do it now please.

I would like to see what will be your answers. And this time, reply line by line.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ultra please don't post ANYTHING regarding Clinton, it's NOT your country & it's OBVIOUS you know NOTHING regarding the voting and administration records of any of our elected officials. An opinion...sure, you are as entitled to it as any of us. But framing it as anything else shows your lack of erudition on the subject.
Now Bob is a different story; he's American, but a party partisan to the point of DEMAGOGUE! Did he look to the manipulation by a certain CABAL in the Republican party to hoist a malleable IDIOT who would advance their OLIGARCHY/Corporate Imperialism like Bush over an esteemed, but maverick, John McCain? No, he didn't. He BLINDLY cheered the fact that a Republican "won". Did he ( and I'm using Bob as an example though he's a tad more center, but feel free to insert any Right Winger extremist like Thomas
) stop to question the installation process? No he cheered a Republican "won". Did he see the obvious, that little Emperor Bush is indeed naked, lacking of moral fiber, a thirst for knowledge, anything even remotely resembling STATESMANSHIP or accomplishment in business-military-academics? No, he took the orders that Heir Goebbels dictated; to make little George seem taller by knocking the Giant that is Clinton.
Now for the tired, overused PROPAGANDA:
" - Lewinsky
- First President to be disbarred while in office "

Listen, for the 1000th time - It's HIS WIFE'S BUSINESS, NOT OURS! Was this about Insider trading, going AWOL, Tax evasion like Bush has done & I hope someday will be prosecuted for? No, all about a marital infidelity.

"Pardon Gate" are you freakin' for REAL? Reagan/Bush versus Clinton on the number of CONVICTED FELONS pardoned who worked for them in their respective administrations: R/B = 32 Clinton = 0
Bush the First even PARDONED HIMSELF for Christ Sake!!!!! As for Mark Rich, Clinton probably should not have listened to the ranking Senate Republicans who lobbied him for that pardon.

- �File-Gate�
- �Travel-Gate�
- �China-Gate� - All equal to Right Wing wet dream goose chases that were fully examined and the sole casualty? Henry Cisneros.
My history books tell me the Canal was ALWAYS destined to revert to the sovereign PANAMANIAN people; are we reading from a different book?

"Look up related Deaths via a Search Engine" - I'll take that bet!!!!! Do you know how many people have died due to contact with the Bush Crime Family? Worse than Gambino numbers. Hell, that drugged out Stepford Wife, Laura Bush killed a boyfriend, geez!

"Whitewater" - they say a definition of INSANITY is to do the exact same thing expecting a different outcome each time. $70 MILLION spent on a Right Wing Extremist Witch Hunt and NOTHING! You should be embarrassed to even trot that crap out in the light of day.

"- Cut military and intelligence " - No such thing; unless you mean cutting the REDUNDANCY & BUREAUCRACY in our military, yeah, he did that. On our Intelligence Community - Bush 'assumed' office ( yes, he DID make an ASS of U & ME ) and promptly called off ALL Intel investigations into ANYTHING SAUDI & ANYTHING BIN LADEN FAMILY...what was it, 15 or so of the highjackers from SAUDI ARABIA? And that same Intelligence Community of Clinton's foiled the Millennium terror plots.

Largest Tax Hike - I'd really hate to see a Right Wingers checkbook, simple question: you deficit spend for 12 years, same thing as living off of your credit cards; you don't think that you HAVE to PAY that down? Clinton turned that deficit into a surplus AND BALANCED THE FEDERAL BUDGET, something the Alzheimers Actor or Monkey Boy Alpha didn't even come CLOSE to doing. Hoisting the ridiculous argument of 'do you like paying taxes' to illicit a pavlovian response from the Right Wing faithful is, well, ridiculous. Do you folks have a shred of economic sense in you, or does the demagoguery take up all the room? You take away operating income from the government in a time of recession when revenue streams are severely diminished and you curtail or stop funding of certain programs and state aid. Since the Great Depression and under this Bush administration, the US has NEVER had so many State governments running at a deficit level.
That's giving your argument credit that the tax cuts trickle down to any other class SOUTH of the richest 5% in the country....which it doesn't.
Listen Right Wingers, if it makes you sleep better over your sins in supporting Bush the Usurper to bash Clinton and be revisionist historians trying to say the country did not prosper under his leadership and grew from the death clutch that Reagan/Bush had on it, so be it, sweet dreams.

Just don't expect anyone with one eye open to believe that claptrap.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 08:24 PM
link   
LOL!!! Clinton said something right on he money?!? ROFL!!! A little late, as he's out of office!!!

Such witty and fact-filled, informative staements from the left:
"Fantastic_Damage

posted on 16-9-2002 at 05:59
Clinton was a better man than Bush will ever be. Period. "

Not to mention a total ignorance in economics, as displayed with the typical democratic belief: " And what is wrong with a tax hike if it increases public sevice and gets your country into SURPLUS!! "

Gotta love the left posts. No substance or informative value, but man, plenty to poke fun at!!
LOL!!!
ROFL!!!!
LUIPMTU!!!! (laugh until I puke my toenails up!)

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Clinton just had to get on TV that day, somehow, some way.

bt, any fishing planned this weeked?

They HAD too book him: They thought Bush would try flying all over the country to hide again!

Yeah, no smallies, two decent largemouth, four good perch and some SLAB panfish ( Bluegill & Pumpkinseeds).

Did you get out?

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OW!! Right-winger!?! That hurt!! I'm totally convinced that I'm totally in the center; I am where the truth and the constitution and God and apple pie and Ford (forget Chevy) is. To say that I'm a right-winger is hurtful!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join