It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comics & Video Games to Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Does anyone here remember Maniac Manson, or Zak McCracken video games? What Comic books have yet been made into a recent movie (as recent as the last 10 years?)

If Maniac Manson was made into a movie it would likely be a rather boring and slow comedy that would bomb in the theather.

"Zak McCracken" if you've forgot or never heard about it, it was a Game by Lucasfilms, for the Commodore 64. It's about a tabloid reporter that uncovers a massive alien conspiracy. It wasn't serious themed, it was comedy themed with bad and dull jokes. It came out in 1989.

One of the rumors I have heard is Indy 4 is going to us some of the story line from "Zak McCrackin" and the Aliens were going to be E.T.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here's a list of comics that have been made into movies, not sure how complete it is; but it should help answer part of your question. New movies keep coming out too, like next year a Superman movie will be coming out, along with another X-men film, and they are working on Spiderman 3.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ha! I found one movie that was not listed as coming out on that list: Ghost Rider.

I don't remember those video games; but I wasn't much into playing video games when I was younger. I think that with the right script, director, and cast almost any video game could be turned into a good movie. Almost but not all, some video games I don't think could ever translate into a full length feature film, like Tetris. What kind of movie would that be?

join