It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design and Creationism. Why they cannot co-exist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
ID is not new age unless you want to call something that has been discussed since the turn of the century as being new age.

New Age ideals are considered to be something to be from around 60's through 80's.

In context of the overall age of Christianity, ID is new.
How new is ID and Why does it exist?

The mid 1800s saw the birth of modern humanistic evolution. In half a century, this movement exploded on the scene and anyone who wanted to be taken seriously had to profess belief in that as opposed to the creation story of the bible.

Now you know that there are many out there who for whatever reason want to be seen in both camps. They want to be a 'good church goin christian' and a 'modern scientificly adept, normal member of society'.

Now we have a impass. You cannot be both without being a liar in one of those circles.

Solution! At the turn of the century people like scofield started pushing the notion that God created that first single cell whatever, and then used evolution to do the rest. In other words, dont try to explain away evolution, simply claim it in the name of God regardless of what the bible says.
Effect?
1.) Gods word is now comprimised.
2.) Genesis is a lie
3.) Death did not enter the 'world' through Adam
4.) Death is not a result of sin
5.) Jesus had no reason to die on the cross for you per above
6.) Jesus did not rise from the dead because he never died for your sins
7.) Tell me again why we even need the bible if Genesis is a lie?

Really, the people who thought up ID never thought it through. There is more then that , that goes wrong in the bible if you take out creation, but that should be enough for anyone who considers themselves to be a believer in the Word of God.
Read John. See what he says about Jesus and creation.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The bible is not the word of god but the writings of men. The Koran is claimed to be the literal transcription of the word of God by its followers, the Bible is not.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
The bible is not the word of god but the writings of men. The Koran is claimed to be the literal transcription of the word of God by its followers, the Bible is not.

It's not.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It IS on topic. The thread title is "Intelligent Design and Creationism. Why they cannot co-exist" and the reason for this supposed non coexistance is taking the bible literally as the word of God, without errors or flaws. Can you explain to me why it is NOT?

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
Can you explain to me why it is NOT?

Your prior jab just lacked clarification as to why it WAS on topic.

Something as incindiary as that (without qualification as you've now done) does little but derail.

Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It is not incendiary. There are no claims that the bible is a literal transcripion of God's word, unlike at least one other religions. At best I have heard that it is inspired by God, yet still it is written down by men. The notion that the bible is 100% factual is hence a position I have seen very few people take, as a matter of fact, I've only come across them on the internet. Even on the catholic school I went to they taught evolution, and that at one point there is a passage in the bible that speaks of brothers and sisters to Jesus, which is contrary to standard catholic doctrine.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Since both ID and Creationists take the bible as the starting point...the idea of whether or not the bible is the word of God is considered moot. We start off with the assumption that it is, and then move on to interpretation.

As for your catholic up bringing:
2Th 2:3

So it all makes perfect sense. Also consider the 4 catholic bishops in the UK who recently came out with a stance that parts of the bible should not be believed. It goes beyond Genesis now.

So, back to topic.
If God didnt mean what He said, then why didnt he say what He meant?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join