It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "UFO's" are "Studying"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am making this thread, mainly out of something I noticed being mentioned in nearly every crop circle thread, " Why do they travel all this way to make signs in the crop" etc.

Well its a fine opinion, why would they do that?

Lets look at it for other UFO cases and sightings though. Why do "UFO's" travel all this way just to fly over Nevada? Saskatchewan? Anywhere?

Why are they sighted more in rural areas and why dont you see quality low level sightings in or around cities?

Surely "aliens" would not fly here just to fly over us?

Why did we send rovers to mars? To fly over the planet? No to land on it and study it.

Why did we go to the moon? To fly over it? No to land on it and study it.

Now this doesnt mean crop circles are real, but it doesnt mean that UFO's are not studying vegetation either.

So I came up with another idea:

What are UFO's Studying?

Is there a common occurance in UFO sightings?

Examples:

1-Are they near water?

2-Are they near cities?

3-Are they near a specific geological area or vegetation?

Now these are just examples, not mainly what I am thinking they are here for. But what can you think of that is associated with UFO's on earth?

Crop circles? Yeah sure.

"uhhhhhhh...... hmmmmmm what else.... hmmm just a minute !... ummm crashing in the desert? uhhh.... "

Its not easy is it?

So what really is far fetched?

UFO's travelling all this way to make crop circles.
OR
UFO's travelling all this way to fly over the planet.

Again, I do not say crop circles are real, but hey if even one turns out to be something that we cannot explain, its alot more PHYSICAL evidence of unexplainable events linked to UFO's than anything else we have.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking they'd get great, and I mean Great results from just flying over our planet, populated by intelligent (well, atleast according to us) beings just videoing and observing what we do. Suuure, not as great as coming down here prodding and poking everything etc. etc. but good, solid results. I mean, we humans cause a lot of pain to living things in the name of science, maybe their species respect life and try to find out things the slow and easy way instead of experimenting. Experimenting almost always involves changing something and observing what happens after that change, like removing a flies wings mights get you a great deal of information about how the fly works, but in reality you could just wait for a spider to do that and observe without interering. Same results, only slower.

Besides, humans are pretty information aware, if aliens started coming down here to do whatever we'd know about it pretty soon. Better to keep the illusion that nothing has changed to find out more about these 'hoomans' that they're observing.

Do I not make sense?
Speak up! This is a Discussion forum ppl!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe they don't come here to fly over our planet maybe they come here to help our military. maybe our government has our planet allied with all the aliens that drop down on our planet.maybe these aliens are bringing our government tech. that they can use to send us to new planets. I heard this once i heard that the government is fifty years ahead of everyone else in the tech area. Maybe our government sends people to discover these new and possibly habitable worlds where we may live when this planet dies. and they probably are working a deal with these aliens to provide transport to this habitable world. You never know. but remember this you can never really trust what you see only what you know.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The way I see it (just an opinion) is that if aliens were coming here, and basically doing a air survey if you will, there wouldnt be much point in making many return trips. Think of it like a sattellite image. Take the image, study it later.

Why would they need to keep coming back just to observe us? If they are doing that, why do they need to get so close to the ground? Even spy planes fly higher.

While landing is another story, studying rock formations, water, vegetation etc. They could make tons of trips and still not see enough, even the inhabitants of earth still do not know all its mysteries.

I dont think aliens are working with the governments, or any selected humans on this planet (my opinion). I think if this were true, it would be leaked after awhile, its human nature that a secret cannot be kept this long.

It would be nice to do a study to see if there are any common geographic occurances with ufo sightings.

Can anyone point me to any information or studies concerning this?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Saying why do aliens come here is like saying why do people go to Africa, think about it, there are many many reasons.

They are here, that's about it really. Things have seemingly gained pace since the 40's, why? Blowing up nuclear weapons and us soon going further into space might have alot to do with it.

UFO's can go where they please seemingly and are reported in the most populated places to the most remote, the most secret places to the most well known places.

Good research will reward you with good answers and suffice you with better questions to ask.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by thepostman]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As usual you write a thought out post. If I can add something .. they also have a love for US Airbases for some reason?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They can perfectly being.......just studying. Like we study animals behaviour,etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
you can watch antelopes with binoculars and follow where theyve been,

or you can hide in a tree nearby and watch them up close he he.

But why would these aliens fly nearby when they have advanced tech to record what we do.

What would be funny is if these things we think are UFOs are really just natural occurrences , and the ones that are really watching us cant be detected by us in any conventional way . hah david sereda has some interesting theories however :

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

basically according to sereda they are constantly watching us from space in close vincinity to earth.

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Davood]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Agreed. Their watching us from (everywhere). Their here they have been here a long while and I feel they will be here tomorrow..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I always wondered if UFO's were just like our unmanned missions, but with better mobility.

I would not be surprised if a "ufo" crashed and had no occupants.

It makes more sense to send an unmanned craft to a distant planet if its dangerous.

Perhaps there technology is not much better than ours.

I think the only way we will truly know if UFO's exist is if we develop new means of radar.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
according to david sereda wed need radar scanning the uv spectrum

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It seems fairly certain that at least one Race is studying us rather seriously, not just looking. Humans being the way they are (repeating stories they hear, creating stories for cash) I take the whole range of reports and compress them down quite a bit. That still leaves a fair amount.

I hope the main reason is to understand us so that eventual communication can follow. But I do acknowledge that there might be many Races that can never really interact with us. As humans exist right now we have a fairly limited range of types of beings that we could mingle with safely. I can easily imagine all sorts of things that could prevent our Race from being able to cope with another, and just as many in the reverse direction.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nowadays, all they'd have to do is just listen to our broadcasts, to pretty much learn what they wished to know...

Perhaps that's why we aren't in a wave of sightings at the moment...???

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Why are they sighted more in rural areas and why dont you see quality low level sightings in or around cities?

well its my belife that they visit rural areas because less people are around to see abductions if they wanted to let us know they where here they would of just appeared so which is the best to go for abductions big citys with many people and news crews or a farm

as for the crop circles god knows

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nowadays, all they'd have to do is just listen to our broadcasts, to pretty much learn what they wished to know...

yes but we've been broadcasting for sometime now.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Exactly! If they can link up to our satellites, or listen to our radio waves, or hack into our internet, they don't even need to do any more Nebraska corn field "fly by's", then can pretty much gleen whatever intel they need without even entering into our airspace. You would think that given the amt of time they have supposedly been "observing" us, that doing any of the above would be very easy for them by now.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes, and oddly we KEEP tuning in...

Why?

To learn something new. No doubt they could do so for similar reasons...

Or even to catch the next episode of Desparate Housewives...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes, and oddly we KEEP tuning in...

Why?

To learn something new. No doubt they could do so for similar reasons...

Or even to catch the next episode of Desparate Housewives...

yup im sure theve seen such classics as dude wheres my spaceship

look whos telepathially talking

[edit on 18-7-2005 by klain]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Potential patterns of sightings (or circles) has been something that's interested me for a while, but it's really hard to get a discernable picture from that information. There's only sightings where people can see the UFO (duh), so there's no telling how many events may occur without anyone around to notice it. If you'll check out www.larryhatch.net..., you'll find there's quite an extensive listing of sightings in various areas--even in large cities--but of course they're all around populated (even if sparsely) areas or around interstates or other travel routes.

I think it's very likely they are on "research missions" of some kind, however I don't see why they necessarily have to be studying us. They may be wanting to see what kind of resources are here on earth they may be able to use, and we may be of absolutely no concern to them. They may be studying the geology, or the weather patterns, or maybe the fact that there's large fields of corn, wheat, whatever, completely astounds them. And there's no way to tell where the majority of their landings really occur--do they truly favor the rural agricultural areas, or perhaps they love the seclusion of the Sahara? Perhaps their home world is much closer to Antartica in climate, or the rain forests in South America strike their fancy--an area where the local population doesn't exactly get much media play without the help of Sally Struthers.

Just because we want contact of some kind, we would want to study and communicate with a different race, that doesn't mean they would be of a similar mindset. They may have absolutely no desire for contact with us. There's no way for us to really know for sure without some type of communication--and if they don't want to talk, we're going to be kinda stuck wondering.

Another assumption we make is that, since we're listening for electromagnetic communication (ie radio waves, etc.) from other stars, they must have the technology to transmit and receive/process similar signals to what we use. Perhaps they do, and if they're very advanced then perhaps at one point in time they did. But just because they did at some point doesn't mean they do now.

Use computers for an example--if someone tried to "communicate" with you by sending you a Commodore 64 program, would you be able to use it? Although it might be a bad example, even in less than twenty years we've turned much of our own technology into stuff that no one uses anymores. Try popping a punch card into your laptop--that might be more appropriate of an example.

There's no way to tell if they even know that we've been sending them reruns of I Love Lucy for the past 40 years, let alone if they could understand it, learn from it, even notice that it was being broadcast. You can cite increases in sightings that correspond to various events in human history, but that may just be sheer coincidence. Either they started sending more craft for their own reasons, or they got finished checking out one region of the earth and decided to move through a more populated area.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent; it just seems difficult to me to try and humanize a species that we know little--if anything concrete at all--about.

EDIT: wording

[edit on 7/18/2005 by MCory1]

Jes

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, not all the ET's on earth are here with intention to do good. The ET's from the dark side are here for one main reason, which is to use the Earth and humans to better their existence in whatever way possible and for whatever reason. They do have many reasons to be here but they all fall under the same category. Control, use, and power. They live for what brings them total pleasure even if it means the distruction of others. In this case, being humankind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join