It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: "We're Not Afraid" - Peoples Anti Terror Website Storms Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A website set up by a London web designer Alfie Dennan has stormed Internet Blogs and international news broadcasts with a simple message to terrorists "We're Not Afraid". The website was setup by Dennan in the wake of the london bombings with people from around the world contributing their messages and pictures in a peoples revolution against the terror of "Terrorism". The We're Not Afraid website received 4 million hits in one day alone and has featured in Televsion and print news editions as far away as Africa and Australia.

news.bbc.co.uk
A website set up to give Londoners a voice after last week's bomb attacks has been overwhelmed with messages from around the world.

Another blog site, thesharpener.net, is also running a defiant message, pledging a public demonstration to show solidarity with Londoners and defiance to the bombers.

In the past few days about 3,500 photos - from holiday snaps to doctored pictures of London buses and Tube stations - have been sent in to Mr Dennan's website, all containing the "We are not afraid" message.

"I set up the website to give people a voice online, to show their distaste for this tragedy, and have received a huge response - I've been amazed."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The website was set up after Dennan's close friend took pictures of himself in the London subway system escaping from the aftermath of the blasts which have so far killed over 55 people. The website is full of messages from people from all walks of life with one simple message of we're not afraid. Pictures of children, innocent babies and family pets have been sent in worldwide in an effort to show the world that people will not cower or bow down to the terror threat.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
abcnews.go.com
www.werenotafraid.com

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wow - that is fabulous!

It would be interesting to see how the extremists and terrorists view this considering invoking fear seems so central to their efforts. It strikes me as almost a worldwide kind of patriotic thing.

I love it and I just spent 750 points on it!

Edit: Make that 1500 point's - darn typos!

[edit on 7/17/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It shows that by and large the worlds population is pretty much at the whim of those mnorities that wish to control us: our so called leaders and the terrorists who challeng them. ordinary men and women around the world have simply had enough of all this death...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN yesterday, there are some hysterical pictures that are posted on it. It's a great site.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am not afraid!

Great idea for a website. So those who wish to exploit us through fear shall know that those days are numbered.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Bravo!

The human spirit triumphs!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wonder what our beloved Western politicians think of all this No-Fear hooey.

I imagine they're hurt and bewildered.

"But..we worked so hard..we brought in the boogeyman 'specially for you..but..I guess if you don't want to be scared..well..BOO!..did that work? No? Oh man..now I'm gonna have to go get a real job..."

By all means, do not be afraid. Death could come tommorow for any of us. Don't ever be afraid.

What I think is so twisted and ironic is that the people who try the hardest to scare us are on our payroll.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the "we're not afraid shop"?

I would say that's pretty darn fast for just setting up the site.$$$

Anyways, I think it's a good site...you know, so people can vent and all.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well there are something like 12 people running the site, and I'm sure they need the help paying for it, so it makes sense to have a store set up already to help with the money they'd need. The guy running it quit his job so he could put more time into the site, because it go so big so fast.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I was on my Wife's computer the other day, and she uses the AOL Instant Messenger software, I got about 3 different messages saying "If you want to send the message "We're not affraid" to terrorists, place this in your profile, and send it to 10 people." Seems like everyone is taking up a similar stance on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i liked to say something if all of you around this globe who are not afraid with this LRB or so-called LE RESISTANCES BOMBER.then dont quite your millitary operation in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
After 911 a similar website was set up.

Anyone remember "We support you"?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ahh finally i think this site is great it shows how strong human perseverense (sorry bout the sp.... i can't think of any excuses)..is

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
After 911 a similar website was set up.

Anyone remember "We support you"?

That's actually where the idea came from. The guy that did that site asked if it was the model for this one, and was told that it was. It made such an impression with him that he wanted to do something similar.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Its quite an elegant counter to terrorism. A site like this the complete antithesis of terrorism. It seeks to embolden people and get them free of pressure and via non-violent means. Its perfect

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Glad they are experiencing the English thin kinking that they cant defeat us. But London is full of non English people, its full of people who are from Countries that hate England. You wont find any real English in London only people from poor Countries like Pakistan and Eastern Europe who come here and abuse the welfare state. Britain imports its problems and i hate it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thats pretty impressive so many people can voice their lack of fear in such circumstaces. Even after the terrorists have hit them so close to home.

Not only that, with our governments playing on these attacks and invoking more fear into the population by making us believe the terrorists are around every corner, its great to see people arent playing nito this scaremongering... I'm not afraid, and i havent been in all this time that my government and advised us to be prepared and cower for when, not if, Sydney gets hit.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Glad they are experiencing the English thin kinking that they cant defeat us. But London is full of non English people, its full of people who are from Countries that hate England. You wont find any real English in London only people from poor Countries like Pakistan and Eastern Europe who come here and abuse the welfare state. Britain imports its problems and i hate it.

From my experience, "countries" dont hate people. Bigots hate entire peoples, not whole countries. Generalisations are not helpful and only spread ignorance. Abuse of welfare is also widespread and is in no way concentrated on "non English people".

Britain is made up from many different people and has been so for thousands of years. There is very very few true "English people" left and drawing value distinctions based on it is racism. Not the time or thread for that kind of discussion IMHO.

[edit on 18/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of many things, including fearmongering.
That would be MY message, not necessarily to terrorists either.

join