It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Meet the Press: GOP Chairman Proves GOP Hypocrisy

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Former Clinton Chief of Staff John Podesta and GOP Chairman Ken Mehlman were discussing the Rove case. Mehlman was repeating the same ridiculous, non-credible statements in an attempt to control the damage. Russert asked him how the Republicans would behave if this situation came out of a Democratic administration (the outting of a CIA agent for purposes of revenge). Mehlman said they certainly wouldn't be calling for the person in question's resignation! And they would let the special prosecutor do his job..

Podesta said, "he must've been sleeping through the '90's!"

I concur. I was one of those Republicans back then who was incensed over the many FBI files (on Republicans) that went missing on Clinton's watch. I could only believe that they went missing for nefarious purposes. I'd bet a year's salary, back then, Mehlman was just as pissed as I was and out for retribution.

His claim on "Meet the Press" proved the sheer hypocrisy of today's GOP.

I never thought the GOP would or could be this corrupt. I was pretty naive. Now I truly know what this phrase means: Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Mehlman needs to stf and Rove needs to go. He either needs to resign or Bush needs to give him the boot. AFterall, he said that is what would happen if ANYONE in his administration was found to be INVOLVED in these leaks. Bush's credibility is clearly on the line here.

I'd say dumping Rove would be a small price for Bush to pay.




posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.


Yes, it does. It is not limited to the Bush administration and is found all over the world wherever there are people in power: national government, city government, big and small business, families and religions.
It seems to be a fault of human nature.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I never thought the GOP would or could be this corrupt. I was pretty naive. Now I truly know what this phrase means: Absolute power corrupts absolutely.



Oh don't play the drama queen, all your posts consist of gop bashing.
hillary clinton should say that to herself in the mirror, but if she did she would probably combust.

Human nature has a flaw or is it? in the animal kingdom greed is gluttony, but it's a survival tactic. We have that in society, except we haven't learned to control this instinct only in emergenies. And again, this is personal choice, either this can control you, or you control it.
All too much people don't know when they are doing it until it's too late or they get clarity and are able to reflect upon what they did.

And people don't self monitor themselves (or check their ass) 24/7, if they did, this world would be perfect.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by TrueLies]



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I suspect that regardless of party, both sides would go for the jugular as it is in their nature. I also think both parties would do whatever is necessary to cover up what they have to to protect their own. I don't condone what is going on but if Clinton can bring his girlfriends into the oval office and possible near confidential information, then the republicans can play their games as well. This is all nothing more than show and tell as normal and this time the republicans have their pants down. Just give it a little time and the democrats will have something to blush about too.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
I suspect that regardless of party, both sides would go for the jugular as it is in their nature. I also think both parties would do whatever is necessary to cover up what they have to to protect their own. I don't condone what is going on but if Clinton can bring his girlfriends into the oval office and possible near confidential information, then the republicans can play their games as well. This is all nothing more than show and tell as normal and this time the republicans have their pants down. Just give it a little time and the democrats will have something to blush about too.


Okay, so what you're basically saying is its ok for Republicans to engage in unethical hanky panky b/c Clinton brought his version of it into the Oval office?

I reject that completely.

Bring in the Independent Council!!



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey what are political parties for, but to used the power given to them by the people to pursue their own personal and corruptive agendas.


Who cares about the regular joe.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey what are political parties for, but to used the power given to them by the people to pursue their own personal and corruptive agendas.


Who cares about the regular joe.


I think political parties are little more than what secret societies (like the Masons ) are. Put away conspiracies, they are nothing more than a social club.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They maybe social clubs but they hold the power of who makes it and who doesn't, if the American people think that they are choosing their favorite candidates they are for a rude awakening because is nothing more than an illusion.

Only the candidates that the political parties groom and choose are the only choices.

They control the nation, and we are nothing more that the pieces in their games to test at will and to play with at will.

Its just like religion many follow their poltical parties as blind as they do their religous believes.

Whitout questioning.



posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Its like I said, its a big social club. Whoever rises to the top, whoever is the most popular, is granted their fifedoms. Whoever wins the most over, wins the office of the president.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join