It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On Spoilers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why are there people who have to post spoilers all the time???
Spoilers for books, movies, in RANDOM threads!!!

I would understand if they post it in a thread about the movie/book, which also contains "SPOILER WARNING" in the title. But in random threads??!!!

Just because you read it/watched it, doesnt mean the rest of the world did it too!!!

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just banned myself from a forum because of this. I am never ever going there again.... stupid fools.....

MOD EDIT: Spoiler removed from title - Spoilers piss me off!!!!

Surprised?

[edit on 17-7-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree...

If you really must include a spoiler, then at least have the common courtesy to say so in the subject line, you know? Or if that can't be managed...at least start the post "warning SPOILERS", and then leave ooooooooh about 15 lines or so of blank space.

(mind you, I'm addicted to 24 spoilers. I just can't help myself!)

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love wrestling spoilers. Since Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays you can wake up Wednesday morning and find out what happened before you watch it on TV Thursday. Doesn't spoil it for me, it actually makes me want to watch it more.

www.liveaudiowrestling.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

MOD EDIT: Spoiler removed from title

Surprised?

ok, that was funny.

(mind you, I'm addicted to 24 spoilers. I just can't help myself!)

I don't read 24 spoilers because I love the element of surprise in that show, but I am addicted to Smallville spoilers

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I love wrestling spoilers. Since Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays you can wake up Wednesday morning and find out what happened before you watch it on TV Thursday. Doesn't spoil it for me, it actually makes me want to watch it more.

www.liveaudiowrestling.com...

I am the opposite to this, it Spoils the surprises, i usually hold out until it comes on TV.
As for spoilers in general, yeah, something like a 10 line minimum between the spoiler would be nice.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
lol..i thought you meant SPOILERS!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's common practice to give a spoiler warning. I put one in my HBP thread. Many websites that spend more time discussing books and whatnot have tags built in that allow you to type a few letters and give a spoiler. Wikipedia, for example, has them.

If you give a spoiler and and don't warn for it, death is too good for you.

BTW, what forum?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I agree there should be a warning.

I missed it but apparently the radio talk show host Mancow gave away the ending to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today during his appearance on FOX and Friends and really pissed a lot of people off and they issued an on-air apology (which I did see). :shk:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Forums need "Spoiler-tags". You know [SPOILER] rant spoiler rant [/SPOILER] where you only see the inside of the box when you select this. People that spoil and don't use the tags you be banned. i've seen it work elsewhere and I love the system.

Spoilers ruined entire movies for me. But I've ruined other people times too. Like with "The Village", knew the plot after the first scéne. Everybody around me was mad at me when the show was over.

:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ummm... for anything coming out of Hollywood, there are only 7-8 formulas for scripts for successful movies. See more movies, know more plot devices in advance. They are too limited.

Is there really such a thing as a "spoiler"?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
^
To hell with movies, books man, books.

top topics

join