It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More attacks in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
www1.iraqwar.ru...

"TIKRIT, Iraq (AP) -- Guerrilla fighters attacked a U.S. convoy with a rocket-propelled grenade in Tikrit on Wednesday, killing a civilian working for the occupation force and injuring two soldiers, Maj. Brian Luke, of the 4th Infantry Division said."

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Peace]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
more needs to be done now, to make Iraq more safe. If nothing is done, the attacks will just increase and more people will end up being killed.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's obvious that the people in Iraq doesn't want peace, they just want us the hell out, just take what happen in the UN as a example

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"It's obvious that the people in Iraq doesn't want peace, they just want us the hell out" These are mutually exclusive?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
"It's obvious that the people in Iraq doesn't want peace, they just want us the hell out" These are mutually exclusive?
What point are you trying to bring out?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i think the people of Iraq want to be safe, they don't care who makes it happen.

There are clearly groups of fighters in the country that want the coalition to leave.

But, what if they did?

Iraq would be in an even worse situation than now. Civil war would break out and many more innocent people would lose their lives.

The coalition needs to pull their socks up and improve conditions for ordinary Iraqi's, and then when popular opinion turns against them, the terrorists will find it much harder to find support and opportunity to attack.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Every day our soldier is killed by opposing forces in Iraq, yet why are we still in there? Liberating? Please don't fool your self.
Why haven't other countries(like our allies) have not stepped up to the plate and ensure that LIBERATION does take place, instead the muslims in the world view us as terrorist, that is why we face so many hostilities in the middle eastern world. Why has Mr. GW BASH not yet realize this yet, and yet he still pursue the thought of peace in the middle east?

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by hellfireburns]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
most of the Iraqis want to be safe and would like us to remain in their country. When the Iraq police force is set up and when their new government gets into shape, Iraq will become more safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i wonder what will be the final bodycount of US soldiers in iraq...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I doubt it, what about rumors with Iran invading thier borders? This could be a opportunity for Islamic extremist to established terroristic operations after the Americans have left.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
i wonder what will be the final bodycount of US soldiers in iraq...

its going to be high my friend, very high. US/UK didn't prepare for this. Its sad to see our troops being killed.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Our "leaders" are the ones that created this mess, besides, Bush is not the one making policy...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We got hit very bad like this in Vietnam, but it was worse over there.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Any way what was the point for this war? WMD? WHERE ARE THEY!!!!!!! revenge, cuz Saddamy tried to kill GW BASH's DADDY? HA! No well.. maybe that 50% of the cause for US involvment in this war?... wonder what the rest of the 50%?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It was worse in Vietnam than it is in Iraq NOW. But we are headed in the right direction to have another Vietnam on our hands. If we don't get troops out now, calamity will set in and we are going to have many many casualties of war.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Right so... what is Bush making up for all the losses?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What good will come of this? The aforementioned peace and liberation that we were to bring these people?

I see nothing good coming from this any time soon. The attacks will continue because they have no reason to stop, now that American's are where our enemies can get to us, everyone that has a bone to pick with America is going to take it out on soldiers in Iraq, they are sitting ducks as I see it.

If we go ahead and leave an even greater war will break out in Iraq for the sole purpose for a power grab.

This is just going to get uglier and uglier and guess what responses we will get from the White House?...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
more needs to be done now, to make Iraq more safe. If nothing is done, the attacks will just increase and more people will end up being killed.

I'd say pull out now and make iraq a big parking lot....

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
we can't pull the troops out now because the country will just full into choas and Saddam (if he is alive) will come back to power.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
-Infinite
This war that we are fighting is just propaganda as I see it. This war is just another reminder from Bush that "we are better than you so we're gonna getchya!
YEEHOOW!" The "WAR against terror" is just another way of saying let's do whatever the hell we want to!

-YEEHOOW!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join