It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/7 Exercise - why would they have pretend bombers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
As I pointed out this whole probability argument is pointless

It is a red herring because the exercise could have been used as cover for an inside job regardless of how often exercises on the underground are run

Now, can someone give me one bit of evidence that there is a connection between the emergency planning exercise and the actual bombing? If not then it is pure coincidence, and not a very big one at that considering the amount of training excerises that happen every day in London.

Not true. . . logically speaking, lack of evidence does not prove anything about what actually happened, and it certainly does not prove that the apparent 'coincidence' is actually a coincidence.

Also no one has addressed my point about how exactly these 4 very religious men were duped into carrying bombs on to the London underground. Now what are the odds against that happening?!?

Clearly it would have been possible for patriotic young men to see themselves as doing their duty by participating in an anti terrorist exercise

Don't make the mistake of saying that they couldn't have been patriotic because they are Muslim extremists. . . . . because that is to presuppose their guilt.

dh

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

To reply to a previous post about the bombers being "duped" into thinking they would get out alive: yes there does seem to be some good evidence for this. Maybe the "controller" of the plot told them the bombs were due to go off later, knowing full well they would be killed in the blast.

Well yes, just about everyone else in the UK is an idiot and you are right.

I am right and I'm not the only one - there are many thousands who now know the score

And as to these guys thinking they were going to get out alive, that's not the score
For the closest similarity look to the first attack on the wtc
Where real explosives were supplied to guys thinking they were on a sting operation

dh

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Don't make the mistake of saying that they couldn't have been patriotic because they are Muslim extremists. . . . . because that is to presuppose their guilt.

Exactly the conundrum, Roy, exactly
What a shame Joe Vialls is dead
He'd have had the analysis of the explosives sewn up in a trice
The authorities still can't seem to have agreed on the explosives involved even two weeks later
A rather Bali-like phenomena, where, 911-like, they removed the crime scene and dumped it at the bottom of the Indian Ocean as fast as they could
You think we'll ever see any forensic examination of these blasts?

[edit on 20-7-2005 by dh]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart
Not true. . . logically speaking, lack of evidence does not prove anything about what actually happened, and it certainly does not prove that the apparent 'coincidence' is actually a coincidence.

Well until you can show that it was something other than a coincidence then we shall have assume it was one.....logically speaking that is.

Clearly it would have been possible for patriotic young men to see themselves as doing their duty by participating in an anti terrorist exercise

They would have to have been more than patriotic to fall for this, they would have to have been some of the stupidest people in the country, and there is no reason to believe that is the case.

Well I didn't actually use the word "extremist" you did. I would never suggest that a muslim could not be patriotic, though surely a "muslim extremist" could never be a patriot (in the UK) by definition of their views?

dh

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Muslim extremist is a made up concept
I never said it was LukeDuke accusing me - it was Agent Smith
And anyway as a citizen of the UK if I identify this government as the latest in a long line of murderous controlled obscenities to devise ways of making the majorities of their population fearful and compliant - then so be it - I am an extremist with so many others seeing through the multi-layered scams

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Well until you can show that it was something other than a coincidence then we shall have assume it was one.....logically speaking that is.

Not true.

In order to investigate the possibility that the exercise was not a coincidence we have to propose a theory or theories which assume (for the purpose of investigation) that the exercise was not a coincidence.

This is of course not the same as proving that there was a connection between the bombing and the exercise. . . . . but it is necessary if we are going to examine non 'coincidental' possibilities.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Sorry, my intended reply came out entirely technically weird and I had to get rid
But I was most miffed at being called an extremist
Being dropped loosely into the conversation, that's a bit of an accusation

Sorry about that, I did actually remove it after I wrote it as I know that a lot of people reading it are likely to associate it with 'terrorists' and 'bombers'.
No matter how much I disagree with you that was not my actual intention, I'm sorry you had to see it before I revised the post.

Here's the definition for anyone that is 'confused' about the meaning:

extremist

adj : (used of opinions and actions) far beyond the norm; "extremist political views"; "radical opinions on education"; "an ultra conservative" [syn: radical, ultra] n : a person who holds extreme views

I don't think going by the actual definition it was actually a wrong word to use especially in regards to statements like this:

Originally posted by dh
Muslim extremist is a made up concept
I never said it was LukeDuke accusing me - it was Agent Smith
And anyway as a citizen of the UK if I identify this government as the latest in a long line of murderous controlled obscenities to devise ways of making the majorities of their population fearful and compliant - then so be it - I am an extremist with so many others seeing through the multi-layered scams

but as I said I removed it pretty much straight away as I didn't think it was fair to have label you in a terrible way just because of people's ignorance.

One that as this issue expands could get you hung

You don't have to get nasty, I didn't exactly call you a terrorist or something and I wasn't implying that.

I can't really think of anything else to say on the whole issue to be honest, I've presented the facts and I know if it was a court case I would 'win'.
The whole thing seems to keep going in circles and is pure speculation, and your right there is no reason why I should get the 'last word', so please continue amongst yourselves (don't worry, I know you don't need my permission) and I will chip in when I see some new 'evidence' whichever way it goes.

For the record my original comment in context was:

But until it does you may as well just accept your theory is based on some crackpots interpretation of probability and your own extremist views against this country and it's government..

[edit on 21-7-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I can't really think of anything else to say on the whole issue to be honest,

judging by you previous posts you should amend that comment to simply: "I can't really think"

dh

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hey - you're back Roy
Tank Gott

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That didn't take long to fall through. So while everyone is jumping up and down and screeming Ilsamic Extreemists!!! - turns out that was NEVER solid information at all. Back to the drawing board....

"Evidence showing that all three of the London bombers
of Pakistani descent visited Pakistan last year has been thrown into doubt.

A photograph of a passport purporting to show bomber Hasib Hussain was in fact that of a 16-year-old British boy with the same name.

The photo, together with documentation showing two other bombers visited Pakistan, was published on Monday.

Pakistan, meanwhile, says it has made no arrests over the London bombs. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

That didn't take long to fall through. So while everyone is jumping up and down and screeming Ilsamic Extreemists!!! - turns out that was NEVER solid information at all. Back to the drawing board....

"Evidence showing that all three of the London bombers
of Pakistani descent visited Pakistan last year has been thrown into doubt.

A photograph of a passport purporting to show bomber Hasib Hussain was in fact that of a 16-year-old British boy with the same name.

And while that is being argued, the assumption that a visit to Pakistan is equivalent to proof of guilt is strengthened every time 'Pakistan' is mentioned.

Win/win for the deceivers. . . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join