It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICTORY ACT of 2003. Oh my... classifying drug users as terrorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It had to happen. Once they have the right to eliminate certain unalienable rights for those classified as terrorists. It was only a matter of time before they attempted to change the meaning of terrorist. Here it is.

abcnews.go.com...

The measure would give law enforcement increased subpoena powers and more leeway over wire-tap evidence and on classifying some drug offenses as terrorism.

The draft is a complex 89-page document that, like the Patriot Act, the massive anti-terror law that passed overwhelmingly six weeks after the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, would amend various existing statutes, ostensibly to allow law enforcement to work more efficiently.

The more # they try to pass like this... will people FINALLY catch on and realize that our bogus govt is slowing becoming the 4th Reich?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
War on Drugs+War on Terrorism=Two biggest jokes of all time.

Money is being made hand over fist with these two false wars...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The only reason for people giving into this # is because they're to naive to dig the truth themselves, they're to distracted among other things. They live in a world of illusions, unaware of what's really going on in thier world.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
can you believe this madness though? Unreal.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
*waves good-bye to our rights*

Nice to have had them for this long, at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm not against the war on drugs.
But they are abusing the war on terror act, this is just wrong, stupid and unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I don't think this will open anymore eyes than the patriot act did. Most people I know are brainwashed with TV, sports, movies, video games and anything and everything that keeps them away from the truth. People also choose to live in their own reality I.E. "The war is over there, it doesn't pertain to me". and "The patriot act is for terrorists only, i'm not a terrorist".

Wait a minute........

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I agree with everyone It is a travesty to have DoJ destroy of civil liberties. Of course there is a simple way to show the government is running drugs in this country.

Ever wondered why the ATF and DEA are a part of the treasury dept.?

Why are they a part of that? Want to know more gor rent or find Woody Harrelsons documentary GRASS it's real cool

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
America has reached a new low.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
....ah, yes....its for the "good" of us all....
BTW... has anyone seen that soap bar I dropped on the ground...*bends over*......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
you would think that raging alcoholcs and violent steroid abusers would also fit in to this new category of terrorists.. nothing spells terror like getting the crap kicked out of you by some meathead drunken jock who thinks you're a communist...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Terrorist cell?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Terrorist cell?

Lmao!

I know those ptheads upstairs were planning to blow up mc donalds for not supplying them with an all night drive thru! or was it in respnse to the pizza guy being late?

America hasnt reached a new low. America doesnt exist anymore. Hello, NWO, would you please send me the microchip so i can implant it myself?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
But this has been a long time coming,several bills have been presented to congress regarding firearms laws.We all know there are those who should like not have guns,but being a caffiene addict(yeah,coffee),was brought up in one bill as a reason not to be allowed to own a firearm.How about this?,can't have a gun if you have ever been to counseling,or been on any kind of antidepressants,c'mon,this is getting stupid now.
see the direction this is going?.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
War on Drugs+War on Terrorism=Two biggest jokes of all time.

Money is being made hand over fist with these two false wars...

No, the anti-piracy campaign is MUCH worse.

And I don't think drug-use constitutes as harming others at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Geeeeee, I wonder if they are going to classify "Satanist's" as Terrorist's?................

top topics

join