It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory on past lifes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm no good at wording and I'm trying to explain this as it is in my head, so here I go.

What if, once someone dies their 'soul' or aurora travels through the earth and then 'flys into' a child? There doesn't need to be a God or afterlife for that, just energy.
Or do I not know what I'm talking about?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting theory. I have a few questions though. Where would we go? You said "travels through the earth", but what does that mean? Would we wait around until the next child becomes available or would it be an immediate transition from death back into rebirth? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but could you expand on your theory? Also, if there were no god and no afterlife, how would this energy orchestrate this life cycle? I'm interested, and I would just like a little more clarification.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well it was after reading that "Creating energy balls" thread and I thought that, maybe when you die, your soul leaves your body and just flows through the air until it reaches the 'right' baby. So there wouldn't need to be a God, just your -whatever- flying through our energy field.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
But then wouldn't there be a huge lineup for new bodies, and all of the souls would fight to rush to be the first one whenever a new child is born? When it comes to reincarnation, I like an idea better where you go to some sort of place that is "above" earth, either dimensionally, spiritually, whatever. Then you have your choice of whatever new person you want to become, or if you choose, to not return to a physical life at all. You learn all about the life you choose and see how it will benefit you in the long run, by giving you a learning experience. Not just going and grabbing the richest, nicest life you can. Then your memory from all of the past is wiped, and you only gain it all back again when you die.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A new person is born everyone someone dies. Infact, I think 2 people are born every time 1 person dies. I read that somewhere, so the'd always be enough people.

If what you said is what happens, then why would someone wish to have a life in a 3rd world country that gets bombed every day? Wouldn't they prefer to go to different country?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I always felt that the best way to know more about reincarnation is to go to the best possible source. That source would have to be NDE's (people who have died and come back). A good site that collects a lot of NDE expirences is
www.near-death.com...
Does not mean that those people or that site has the whole truth, but i would think NDE's are the best source to explore reincarnation...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't think we actually get to choose.....

(Assuming that reincarnation is a reality)

Why do we keep coming back?

Perhaps to learn and not make the same mistakes, which implies that we're going to keep on coming back - whether or not we want to - until we "get it right", so to speak. There are consequences for every single action we take, and these consequences must be addressed at some point, which (to me) also supports the theory that we don't actually get much choice in terms of how/where we'll reincarnate.

If and when we eventually attain enlightenment/nirvana/whatever, only then would we able to actually choose to come back (in order to help others reach enlightenment - see bodhisattvas for a bit more on that

Also, fwiw, the ration of 2:1 for birth:death as mentioned in an earlier post doesn't seem to fit - there's some really interesting info here about that. Fascinating stuff

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How do you explain population growth?

If 2000 die, and 4000 born, only 2000 bodys will be charged by past souls. That means that the other 2000 will have no soul.....that doesnt make sense....or i got it wrong

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So you are basically talking about reincarnation. I could definately see that as a possibility. The answer for the reason we keep coming back could be maybe it is just another process in the universe and with life. It just happens as a natural occurance. I'm not sure about the population growth thing. Maybe souls from other universes or animals or something turn into humans.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, here is what I believe in relation to the points already raised here.

The reason we come here to begin with is to learn about physicality and all that is associated with it.

Our immortal souls are imperfect beings. They - like all entities - know only what they have experienced.
Teaching others is a part of every persons path, not just the old souls. We can all help each other with new enlightenments and insights, regardless of our earthly or immortal age.
This is one of the purposes of those who choose to be born into famine, not merely to experience mankinds ignorance and disassociation but also to try to reach out to others and show them that this type of ignorance to the misfortune of others is not acceptable. The same thing goes for any emotional problems, even child abuse.

Karma is used -- We have karma that is carried into our next life as well as instant karma that we experience almost immediately after doing something wrong.
Every parent knows that a child will not learn sufficiently without punishment. Telling them it is wrong just doesn't cut it - especially for young children without the experience to understand the pain they have caused to others.
We may even choose to experience the victims side for ourselves so that we can relate better to what we have foisted unwittingly onto others.

Have you ever had a flu so badly that you couldn't taste anything much at all? Didn't you miss it? Wouldn't you miss the sensations of making love? Or being able to create something beautiful with your hands?
Our souls are thinking, emotional and compassionate beings but cannot touch, taste or smell. Those sensations are lost on an non-coporeal entity.
As you have probably noticed, humans find it difficult to feel compassion for something that they haven't experienced for themselves. No matter how much it may have hurt.
So we chose, in our higher wisdom, to be born into a body that can experience these things first hand. So that our immortal souls can learn and evolve. This is why we will choose to experience difficulties. There is not as much learning through having an idealistic life.

We impose limits on how long we stay on the earthly plane, simply to give ourselves a bit of a rest from all this and to be able to look back over our lives from a more detached point of view - seeing each experience for the lessons it contained without being caught up in the strong earthly emotions that we felt at the time. This gives us a better understanding not only of how we felt, but also of how our actions effected others and what drove our responses at that time. Was it truly anger or jealousy?

And then we return. Because we cannot learn all that life has to teach us in one lifetime without being overwhelmed by it. Some people already experience this problem and commit suicide. They will have to view things from their families point of view and try to understand how they impacted upon others.

NinterX new souls are being born all the time, when they are ready they descend and also begin to experience rebirth. Population growth is caused by the desire of more souls to come and experience 'life' for themselves
This is the reason that population fluctuates up and down.
Population is expected to soon start falling in European countries. The number of people dying exceeds the current birth rates.

None of this means that there needs to be a God. Our higher selves (immortal souls) may be the ones that control all of this with the help of those who have gone before them.
But like God, this idea raises the question of 'what was there before him?'

top topics

join