It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude, You're Getting A Dell! And The Worst Customer Service Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Okay - Well...I didn't buy a Dell computer....But I did buy a 19-inch monitor from them about a year ago....

Of course, I figured - Why pay for it now when I can pay even more for it over the next 5 years of my life?! Biiiig mistake…..

I don't know if any of you have any experience with Dell's customer service team....Basically, they occupy 5 seven story buildings in India.....And they're all named Bob and don't speak much English....

"Listen Bob....or whatever your name really is....I sent you my payment - It's reflected on my online bank statement......You guys are saying it's still due - What do I have to do to clear this up?!"

"I'm sorry sir - I did not understand you - Now - Do you want to make this payment?"

"Can I speak with your supervisor?"

"I'm sorry sir - I don't know what you are saying - When you decide to make your payment, please call us back"

*Click*

Oooohhh no you did not just hang up on me!

So I called the next day and made another payment over the phone to keep my account current.....

They call back two days later - Something at which they are very proficient at doing by the way....

"You're account is past due and we need you to make a payment over the phone to bring it current"

"What?! No! I'm not doing this again - You've lost two of my payments, yet they’ve both been deducted from my checking account"

"I'm sorry sir - I don't understand what you're saying - Can you verify your favorite ice cream flavor and the name of your brother's pet fish"

"I don't eat ice cream and I don't have a brother"

Okay - That last part was made up.....

This is driving me nuts - I finally did speak with a supervisor - I faxed proof of payment from my bank - I get another call....

"Sir your account is past due, if you could please make a....."

"I want to speak with your supervisor Victor please"

"We don't have a supervisor by that name"

Oh my God people......I friggin lost it on the phone with that poor Indian dude....I used to be a CSR - I know what it's like when you're getting bitched at on the phone by a customer.....But I couldn't hold it anymore....

This whole situation is about to drive me absolutely insane.....I finally got the guy to get someone to research it ASAP - I told him I refuse to make one more payment on my account until I found out where my other two payments have gone.....

Meanwhile they're zapping my credit down to dick and I'm stuck with this ulcer that just won't go away....

If the language barrier wasn't already enough before, I've got to deal with incompetent banking....

Kids - Don't accept those credit card offers

[edit on 7/17/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You know what they say, Dell's Customer Service has won awards!!! But what they never say is if theyre good awards! It could have been the award for the suckiest customer service for all we know.

Enron, watch Tech Support.
Its awesome, and they guys even in India.

Warning...Language...yeah yeah yeah...gotta say it

[edit on 7-17-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
ROFLMAO......

Okay - This gives me hope - Now I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this crap......Clearly someone else hate it enough to make a flash out of it.....I've got some support out there somewhere......

Yeah - They've probably won some customer service award like....Least Cows Consumed On The Job.....or.....Most Prolific Movie-Going Workforce.....

[edit on 7/17/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.ihatedell.net...

Join the club of dell haters!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Plus I just bought a Dell. So stfu.

DIMENSION XPS GEN 5 Pentium® Extreme Edition Dual Core w/ HT Tech

Rawr!

[edit on 17-7-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Learn more about the Dell Dork....

archives.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
o0o well...

dells are great though...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That's weird, I've never had a problem with Dell...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey.... may be able to help... as far as your credit goes...

get a copy of your three credit reports...

Equifax, TransUnion and Experian....

Check to see if Dell has reported your account as past due, if they have notify them in writing that this is a mistake, also write to each of the 3 credit agencies and let them know that its a mistake, they'll help you settle the dispute.

Also, you can put a consumer statement on your report for free.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Contrary to you Dell-bashers, I have two Dell computers and have had no problems with getting them serviced when applicable.

I had a monitor go out. My wife called. The next day, UPS dropped off a new monitor. All I had to do was take it out of the box, put the bad minitor in the same box. Filled out the return card. Called UPS and they picked it up. All this not costing me one red dime.

Getting ready to buy a third computer from them, an XPS Gen2 laptop.

Apparently, Dell-bashing must be in style these days.
As mentioned, try a frailin' Gateway and then let me know what you think about Dell....:shk:

Btw, EnronOutrunHomerun, perhaps if you learned to have a bit more telephone etiquette, maybe you would not have had the experience you had? Think about that the next time you deal with some telephone service rep or person your seeking assistance/help from.

seekerof

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think people are just reading my title and not reading my post....

I'm not talking about Dell's technical assistance hotline....I'm sure they're great.....I've never had a problem with my monitor - I love it to death - And even though I've had these problems, I'd still buy from Dell....

The problems I've had have been with Dell Financial

And I promise you Seekerof:

A.) I'm not doing it b/c it's "in style"...I didn't even know it was in style....That's how behind the fashion curve I am

B.) I treat all customer service reps with a lot of respect...b/c - as mentioned in my initial post - I used to be a CSR......I know what it's like to be getting bitched at people over the phone....

When I say I "lost it with the guy" I don't mean I that I cussed him out or made him feel inadequate......I just told him how I felt about the service he was providing me - The guy probably didn't even understand half of what I said anyways.....lol

If I want to make a complaint about Dell Financial the subsidiary, I’ll talk to a supervisor or write a letter….But if someone isn’t doing their job right or cutting corners to make ends meet, I’ll let them know that I see right through them…..

Nobody likes getting jerked around when it comes to your money - And asking to make the same payment three times would make anybody question the competency of the people handling your account.....Am I not right??

And BTW - Thanks for that tip elevateone

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
I think people are just reading my title and not reading my post....

There was a post?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dells are terrible, nothing but problems with them. The parts are good but most of the things they don't metion on the commercials are low-end. Lot's of there hardware looses it's support in a matter or months. This forces you to buy another one. Those things run like old soviet tanks and are just as realiable. My recomendation is to buy all the parts yourself and find a book or a online tutorial on how to build your own computer. I built my computer and it runs amazingly for years. I also recommend going to a small computer shop and buy a clone the built, small companies provide excellent support and quality parts. This is because the computers are not mass produced with low-end trash. Sorry to the people that have Dells and are currently viewing this page on one, but that's my beef with them. There tech support wasn't that bad but it is quite a nusance to deal will the constant hardware problems and warranties.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the difficulty with the dell folks, but can you expect any kind of real service when the companies farm out the work to other countries to evade taxes and restrictions that would be put in place here in the US? I guess its a hit or miss game with dell hardware, my main workstation is a Precision 530 and so far its been realtively rock solid other than the video card flaking out, but that was expected given the heavy usage I put the thing through.

Thankfully I've never had to resort to technical support or financial departments, though I would have if I had caught the blunder on Dell's behalf when they shipped this workstation with only one Xeon processor instead of two like the order specified, by the time I got around to opening the box up it was way too late to remedy the situation :/

new topics

top topics

join