It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Really a "Savage Nation"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
He was born and raised Jewish.
Does he claim to be Christian on his show?

You know, now that you mention it, I can't be sure. He talks about God a lot, and the radio station he's on here in Chicago is billed as Christian News Talk Radio, but I can't say he's ever come out and called himself a Christian.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by junglejake
The worst part about it, though, is that he professes that he's a Christian. Christianity is a religion of love; it was through Jesus's words that the golden rule was adapted. Do unto others as you'd have them do to you. If Savage is doing that, he must really be a masochist. He has no love for anyone who disagrees with him, and if he were to see this post, he would probably assume I'm an idiot, psychotic liberal athiest. The man has no room in his life for other beliefs, and thinks of himself as an intellectual God. I'm sorry, Mr. Savage, but you're wrong, and you need to learn humility.

He was born and raised Jewish.
Does he claim to be Christian on his show?

I've never heard him claim to be a Christian, quite the contrary. He hason occasion shown sympathy for Christians and their viewpoints, but in each case it was clear to me that he didn't count himself among the bretheren.

I have heard callers get the best of him - his call screeners aren't as good as Rush's or Hannity's. On one occasion, he was going off on the homeless in SF (flithy bums, as he calls them). A caller made it on the air with a proposal for making the homeless useful. He talked about using them to feed everyone else, and had just managed to say "solyent green" before Savage pulled the plug and chewed out his screener on the air. On another occasion, shortly after 9-11, he was complaining about the lack of culture and technological advances coming out of radical islamic states like Afghanistan ("pirates in filthy nighshirts"). A clever caller from the west coast reminded him that there have been many advances, such as calculus that came out of the mideast. He was quickly dismissed as well.

As for the MSNBC gig, he did that for a number of months. It wasn't very good anyway. A crank caller got the best of him and he lashed out. He didn't think that he was on the air. Doesn't excuse the comment "I hope you get AIDS and die," though.

I stopped listening because they tape-delay his show in ABQ to a time that is inconvenient for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I can't believe they replaced the Fish for this station...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First of all, Mr. Savage is a Hardcore Conservative and says so all the time. Second, take those air assault wings off, only those that have served in the military deserve to wear those. You my friend have obviously not been in the military, or if o have, u have never been overseas. Why? Your idiotic, liberal speak says it all. I am ashamed that people like you are still allowed to live in this country i fought to keep free!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The ArkAngel
Why? Your idiotic, liberal speak says it all. I am ashamed that people like you are still allowed to live in this country i fought to keep free!

I'm guessing that smily face is because you recognize how completely illogical that statement is. If you don't agree with liberal politics, that's what PTS is for.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ArkAngel, you cannot tell if a man or women has served based on their political opinions. Liberalism is merely one side of viewing things. Conservatism is another way of seing things. There is nothing wrong with being on one side or the other.

The problems start when you disrespect somebody because of their opinion, or when you start forcing opinions, or when you dare question someone's service to this country because you don't like their opinion. I must say you have got some serious issues to waltz into ATS, accuse somebody of RPGing for having a liberal stance on certain issues, and then act so smug about it.

$5 says this loser gets banned within the month for trolling.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Watch what you say. DAD knows all. And yeah, i can judge people based on their political opinions. That is what a Veteran has the right to do!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Watch what you say. DAD knows all. And yeah, i can judge people based on their political opinions. That is what a Veteran has the right to do!

I'm just glad your humor is in better shape than your logic. Leave the serious thinking to others, and just keep making jokes, it'll serve you better.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Actually, I do know where ECK stands because of a post titled: A vote for Bush is a vote for the draft. I just wanted to see how many asskissers there are in here that can't think for themselves without trying to defend somebody else before they let that person defend themselves. That is what the problem is with this world today. Everybody likes to jump in at the wrong time and not see what is really going on first.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You'll find that ECK is a very respected member around here, which is why a lot of people will defend his honor while he's not around (he's offline at the moment). Here on ATS we defend our bretheren from trolls out of respect for one another. And one thing you'll notice, he's a veteran from the Army, but he doesn't abuse that on the board. Take a page out of his book, maybe you'll learn something.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
too bad...

maybe you guys are just young. I dunno.

but SAVAGE is a PATRIOT who LOVES HIS COUNTRY and hates PC cuz it's one reason why the world is in the crapper

I consider PC to be COMMUNIST in nature. it most certainly is not close to FREE SPEECH !

it is much closer to CONTROLLED SPEECH just the way the COMMIES like their people

anyways SAVAGE is definitely OLD SCHOOL....crusty GEORGE PATTON style

and people love him for his passion, not for his political correctness or lack thereof

my 2cents...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow, someone else who shares my beliefs. I love this guy.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok, so this Savage guy is intended as nothing but entertainment, I guess that's what you are trying to say.

Because if he was truly interested in politics....than virtue is surely not on his side. Hey, you know, respect and virtue could be considered political correctness. I guess the bible is communist, oh wait, it actually does share some similar principles.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Here on ATS we defend our bretheren from trolls out of respect for one another.

Even if we disagree with 90% of what they say. ECK is a rare commodity to this board, he's intellectually honest while others fall into the political party trap.

toasted, that's an interesting take. Personally, I don't like Savage's language, but I hadn't seen it as an attack against the PC ideal. As many of you probably know, I've started a lot of threads on here (unfortunately, for Rant's bloodpressure) and hat ethe idea of some groups being above others. I'll have to listen to him for about 45 seconds through that filter. Personally, angry, mean speach as he uses upsets me, and even if I agree with the person 100%, I won't listen to that drivel. I think it's a sign of someone who is incapable of making their point effectivly, so they resort to inflamitory language. However, I don't think he shouldn't be able to say those things. It causes me to lose a lot of respect for him, but who the heck am I?

Toasted, those were brave words, and I commend you for them. I agree that Savage is a patriot; he's trying to exact change in this country as he sees as necessary. However, so too is East Coast Kid. He is one of three members to this board that I know has actually written a letter to a congressperson, rather than just bitch about it on the board. I'm one of those three I mentioned, and if you dig a little for the name EastCoastKid in a post, you'll find out who the third is. ECK has earned my respect because he, rather than just bitch about the weather, has gone out to try to change it. Ark, if you have a problem with that, then what the hell were you fighting for?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I guess the bible is communist, oh wait, it actually does share some similar principles.

Yep, it does. The difference is the Bible says the individual should make the decision. Communism says the individual should be forced to make that decision.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I guess the bible is communist, oh wait, it actually does share some similar principles.

Yep, it does. The difference is the Bible says the individual should make the decision. Communism says the individual should be forced to make that decision.

Unless you perceive that God is forcing the individual to make the decision. At the least though, he may be scared into making the decision. During that period of time, religion was an frequently used, effective means of securing unity among a group of people. Thus, one could probably draw additional comparisons between the ideals of communism and "utopia" of communism among early biblical societies, notably the Israelites.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Unless you perceive that God is forcing the individual to make the decision. At the least though, he may be scared into making the decision. During that period of time, religion was an frequently used, effective means of securing unity among a group of people. Thus, one could probably draw additional comparisons between the ideals of communism and "utopia" of communism among early biblical societies, notably the Israelites.

I think this conversation is for another thread, though I'd love to have it with you. There are actually many threads debating whether religion was the result of human development or a devine being, but this isn't one of them. Rock, rock on!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
All this talk of Savage inspired me to run to the local Barnes & Noble and pick up his latest book, "Liberalism is a Mental Dissorder." I haven't started reading yet, but I certainly agree with the title! I won't need any convincing of that! lol

That's hardly unexpected coming from someone who calls themself Rasputin.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

First of all, Mr. Savage is a Hardcore Conservative and says so all the time. Second, take those air assault wings off, only those that have served in the military deserve to wear those. You my friend have obviously not been in the military, or if o have, u have never been overseas. Why? Your idiotic, liberal speak says it all. I am ashamed that people like you are still allowed to live in this country i fought to keep free!

Welcome to my thread. I take it you are talking to me as I am the only one here displaying Air Assault wings.

I am a conservative. I'm on the record. So, my viewpoint is just as valid as Mr. Savages' in the Republican realm. If you have some kind of proof to disprove my contention, then present it. Otherwise, perhaps you should stick to what you can prove.

Just b/c someone disagrees with you does not make what they say untrue. I'm sure you can grasp that.

I also earned the wings I display. What have you done?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I've heard it it claimed that he's actually a far-leftie who started out doing a parody of far-right talk shows, then realized he could make lots of money at it.

This is more common an occurance in infotainment than many realize.

Savage, Coulter and Limbaugh all have highly suspect affiliations and origins, but they do their repsective schticks with passion now regardless.

It just makes me laugh people buy it at all. I'd seriously consider going "right wing" for a laugh and a buck in broadcasting or journalism now. The prep work is much easier. No research.

But dance with devil long enough and you're bound to get hooked on opiates to cope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join