It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove's in Trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No two ways about it, Bush brain Karl Rove is in trouble. His activity has been flagged and he is on notice: pack your bags.

It Appears That Karl Rove Is in Serious Trouble
By John W. Dean
FindLaw

Friday 15 July 2005

As the scandal over the leak of CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity has continued to unfold, there is a renewed focused on Karl Rove - the White House Deputy Chief of Staff whom President Bush calls his political "architect."

Newsweek has reported that Matt Cooper, in an email to his bureau chief at Time magazine, wrote that he had spoken "to Rove on double super secret background for about two minutes before he went on vacation ..." In that conversation, Rove gave Cooper "big warning" that Time should not "get too far out on Wilson." Rove was referring, of course, to former Ambassador Joe Wilson's acknowledgment of his trip to Africa, where he discovered that Niger had not, in fact, provided uranium to Iraq that might be part of a weapons of mass destruction (WMD) program. Cooper's email indicates that Rove told Cooper that Wilson's trip had not been authorized by CIA Director George Tenet or Vice President Dick Cheney; rather, Rove claimed, "it was ... Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on [WMD] issues who authorized the trip." (Rove was wrong about the authorization.)

Only the Special Counsel, Patrick Fitzgerald, and his staff have all the facts on their investigation at this point, but there is increasing evidence that Rove (and others) may have violated one or more federal laws. At this time, it would be speculation to predict whether indictments will be forthcoming.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
@ ECK

Your fasination with false accusations against Republicans is amazing.

How many anti-Rove threads are there now? Do we really need another?

Instead of railing against Rove in yet another thread. Why don't you save it for the next Supreme Court nominee. I know you can't wait for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Oh, I'll even help him pack! This is great news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

False accusations against Republicans?
Yeah, it's because he's a Republican! That's funny!

I agree that there are more than enough threads going about Rove, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Give me a break, Carseller!

If all those threads were about exposing Clinton's wrong-doings, you'd be lovin it. It sux when they're you're own.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Contrary to one objection on this thread, I believe there should be more Rove threads.

Here are some potential titles:

Karl Rove Lies AGAIN

Rove Lies YET AGAIN

More Rove Lies Exposed

Rove Prepares To Pack Bags

Rove Packs Bags

Rove Departs Whitehouse With Bags

Bush Impeached

Who Was Karl Rove?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thanks to katchow over at Macrumors for this inspiring photo.
forums.macrumors.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Love that picture, Fallen! I'm going to have to print that out and hang it on my wall!

There are so many Rove threads, I don't know if this has been linked or not. It's TIME's piece on what Cooper told the grand Jury. Of course TIME is by subscription, but Michael Moore has it on his site

Rove never once indicated to me that she had any kind of covert status. I told the grand jury something else about my conversation with Rove. Although it's not reflected in my notes or subsequent e-mails, I have a distinct memory of Rove ending the call by saying, "I've already said too much."
So did Rove leak Plame's name to me, or tell me she was covert? No. Was it through my conversation with Rove that I learned for the first time that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA and may have been responsible for sending him? Yes. Did Rove say that she worked at the "agency" on "WMD"? Yes.

It doesn't look good for our intreped team of do-gooders... He's going free.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm going to predict that Bush will stand by his man. Rove has been cooperating with the investigation and I think that he will be found innocent of any wrong doing. It really sounds to me like the CIA agent in question was not working under cover and the information was not leaked at all. A lot of people work for the CIA and not all of them are spooks. Democrats just want to see the Republican Party lose its most effective strategist and they will fail.

new topics

top topics

join