It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry.. what do u think???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What are u guys views on masorny... do you think it's a cult, a religon, or just frat that means know harm?

I here so many mix views on the order.. I filled out a application for a lodge out in my town and I'm now awaiting a investagation.

I'm in it for the brotherly love, and the way they make out ways of life through symnbols... each person gets different things out of masonry.. I here all these negative things about freemasons, but I don't see it. I really don't belive some of the things I here.. Then I look at guys I know that are masons, and even study people who I don't know but I know their masons, and these guys do not in any way look like the type of dudes that wanna take over the world are kill babies and whatever other things I hear..

so i just wanna know what you guys think of the order....
I'm new here but I've been reading around so I know you guys aren't the type that bite your tongue, so tell me whats on your mind...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Do we really need another thread on this subject?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Very good at erecting churches, or so I heard.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you love helping others, meeting great people, and bettering your own life, then join.

If you are in it to learn super secret world domination plans, then I feel you will be very dissapointed.

It is not a cult, nor a religion, it IS a fraternity.

Go in with an open mind, and research everything for yourself. Anyone that is strongly for, or against, be cautious of the information they give you, as it is probably bias.

I strongly support freemasonry, so question everything I tell you.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
Do we really need another thread on this subject?

Hey I'm new here..... just wanted to contribute to the fourm, and here what's on you guys mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Welcome,

To clarify, I don't think anyones intentions were to compromise your inquiry, but rather to point on the fact that there are literally hundreds of topics within the secret societies forum which cleary illustrate thousands of peoples opinions on Freemasonry. Thus you should read through those and search there, as there is no need to start an entirely different topic which basically rehashes the same argument once again.

[edit on 7/17/05 by Khonsu]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
Welcome,

To clarify, I don't think anyones intentions were to compromise your inquiry, but rather to point on the fact that there are literally hundreds of topics within the secret societies forum which cleary illustrate thousands of peoples opinions on Freemasonry. Thus you should read through those and search there, as there is no need to start an entirely different topic which basically rehashes the same argument once again.

[edit on 7/17/05 by Khonsu]

will do...... I'm just a newbie on this fourm and wanted to get my feet wet, so I throw out something on my mind... sorry about that... I will go read some of the other threads..

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Indeed.

If this thread were to carry on then it will erupt into the same flamefest like all of the other Mason threads out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
God save the exploding toilets.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
YOU MUST NT JOYN TEH SATNISTIC MASONS!!!!

THEY WILL MEND #ULR U AND BNED YO TO THEYR EVILL PLANNSS?2!!!!

No, not really, just kidding

Go for it Dsoul, Masons seem like decent people, but I wouldn't join just to investigate as there are many good resources on them.

Join only if you're serious, I know there are many masons in the SS forum who would be more than willing to answer any questions you have via U2U.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
If this thread were to carry on then it will erupt into the same flamefest like all of the other Mason threads out there.

If flames start flying then warns will simply be issued. This is kind of a repeat topic and a search would problaby prove more informative than actually asking, considering how much ground has been covered before.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Barns and Noble has Mackey's Lexicon Of Freemasonry on sale for $9.98, hard cover. Pretty nice binding, I picked up two. If your local store does not have them ( religion
section of the bargin books, guess they would not go well in transportation

search.barnesandnoble.com...

new topics

top topics

join