It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Banned member today (IlluSionS667)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I don't understand what he's saying anyhow:

immediately shutting someone out and allowing them to breed further hatred

Wouldn't immediatley shutting them down STOP them from breeding further hate...

We deny ignorance here...people like that are the exact definition of ignorance. We are simlpy denying them.

When you refuse to allow them to speak, the hatred burning in their minds grows, and simply increases the chance of a violent expression of that hatred. A volcano must vent to prevent itself from exploding.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Obviously, as has been shown, ATS isn't the correct place to "vent" that kind of stuff. I understand what your saying obsidian, but I'm just trying to say that someone like that, has no business being on the streets, let alone ATS (because obviously they have some kind of problem understanding history).

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Nazi party was wildly popular with the 'American Aristocracy' back before the war, and even during it!

We essentially buried that part of history, and now nobody talks about it. But the truth is, they were holding Nazi rallies at major stadiums, talking about the Jews this and the Jews that. It's surreal when you consider what was going on in Europe at the time.

And those are the wages of ignorance.

The problem is that most people are idiots. Sorry to be offensive, but the numbers have got my back. Most people don't engage in complex problem solving or hardcore analysis, most people simply exist. 80% of Americans are below the inteligence level of the average college graduate, and adult literacy is better just about everywhere except Botswana.

Politicians do everything possible to advance themselves using this fact, the people should similarly take this fact into consideration when making decisions.

If we don't stop historically innacurate hate speech, we may wake up one day to find out history has been changed by those with an agenda, and accepted by those without the integrity and ability to discern fact from fiction.

All it takes is one generation, remember that.

And also remember, as has been said, the Jews were not the only victims. Semites of all stripes suffered, so did blacks and homosexuals, the homeless and the mentally retarded.

My great grandfather was one lord Campbell, my great grandmother was the 16 year old Gypsy maid he was buggering. All her family was destroyed or scattered in Hungary, so that's where my family tree ends, in a burnt stump, a birth certificate labeled "No Fixed Abode."

The holocaust happened, there's a mountain of evidence pointing to that fact. To say otherwise is an insult to those who suffered. However, to whitewash the events and conceal those responsible, that's just as distasteful and wrong as to say it never happened.

So, in any case, I'm glad revisionist history isn't allowed to masquerade as fact on ATS. I also sincerely hope that the holocaust can still be discussed here. Denying ignorance is a lofty goal, and I think there's a lot of ignorance surrounding what really happened during that particular time period.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Point has been made. Thread is closed.

We are discussing the possibility of a new forum focused on conspiratorial efforts to revise history for the purpose of promoting agendas of hate, control, or other manipulation. Such a forum would be an ideal place to revive some of the topics brought up by members in responses to this announcement thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join