It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heatwave final count : 10400 deads in France...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
(Is the heatwave a revenge from the USA ? (Humor) )
Picture from www.ncix.gov...

The French funeral directors association said 10,416 had died during the first three weeks of August because of the heat wave and projected the death toll for the month from the heat wave would be 13,632.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Huh, what???? Is that site worded to confuse, or is it me??? Seems like they use a lot of words to say very little.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A reminder:

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events,
please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Nans, could you perhaps expand upon your original post? I`ll give you awhile to do so.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Okay, cas, I've edited my post...

(I apology for the people my black humor may shock... It's simply my character)

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
nans, thanx for the post and link, very interesting. I feel sorry for the french. A few people died of the heatwave in England, but that was only a few old people i think. I still can't believe 10,400 died because of the heatwave

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
...look like Saddam ?

---------------------------------------

Since a week, everyday, the only thing we see on TV newspapers, streets are coffins, hearses, burials... (I like burials, you can put some sunglasses even if it rain...)

---------------------------------------

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How can 10,00 people die because it got hot??????
It doesn't take that long to acclimate to hot weather. I can't figure it out. I used to work construction for 15yrs.
Working on a rooftop when its 108 degrees was pretty commen. Drink a lot of water and you have no problems. I hate hot weather, but it certainly is not life threating.
Is the French government giving any advise? Like stay out of the sun,stay in the shade whenever possible. Drink lots of water. And no alcohol! Put down the bottle of wine and pick up a bottle of water.

[Edited on 8/21/03 by nyeff]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
How can 10,00 people die because it got hot??????
It doesn't take that long to acclimate to hot weather. I can't figure it out. I used to work construction for 15yrs.
Working on a rooftop when its 108 degrees was pretty commen. Drink a lot of water and you have no problems. I hate hot weather, but it certainly is not life threating.
Is the French government giving any advise? Like stay out of the sun,stay in the shade whenever possible. Drink lots of water. And no alcohol! Put down the bottle of wine and pick up a bottle of water.

[Edited on 8/21/03 by nyeff]

Well, there's the problem right there. One big french stereotype is that they drink alot of booze. like at least 2 glasses of wine a day, and of course they still have winos in that country, too.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think alcohol is one of the problems with all these death's. But I have a hardtime believing that the stats are right. 10,000+ people dead because it got hot. It just doesn't make any sense.
Humans are very adaptable. We can live almost anywhere. And in this day and age, we can survive extreme weather conditions. Air conditioners if its hot and heaters when its cold.
I just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe they don't have any AC in france, I know in some states most apartments only have heaters...

OR in big cities they always have a few old people die because of the heat and they didnt have any AC at their home.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How are you coping with the heatwave?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Even the hospitals didn't have air conditioning. Whats up with that?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
...air sanitization....

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join