It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Rove-Gate: It Goes Deeper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

ROVEGATE-BOLTONGATE LINK?
The fact that State's Intelligence and Research Bureau (INR) and Grossman were involved in the discussions about Niger and uranium are important in light of the revelations that UN ambassador nominee John Bolton, who was then Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security. - Mike Rivero from WRH.
www.waynemadsenreport.com...

That would be something if Bolton went down over this too.

[edit on 7/16/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Does this has to do with the blunder that Bush made during one of his nation addresses in which he said that he got intelligence that Saddam was going to buy Uranium from Africa?

Later it was told that was a mistake.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Does this has to do with the blunder that Bush made during one of his nation addresses

It wasn't a blunder. It was something he has so far gotten away with. He could be impeached over those words.

And yes, it has to do with what we're talking about (Rove).

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You know that Bush take this man to his private meetings with other nations leaders, alone with Condi.

I wonder what else has been leaked from this man.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You know that Bush take this man to his private meetings with other nations leaders, alone with Condi.

I could only hope Fitzgerald has the power to charge Rove with Treason. He's earned every bit of that charge.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Does this has to do with the blunder that Bush made during one of his nation addresses in which he said that he got intelligence that Saddam was going to buy Uranium from Africa?

Yes, Joe Wilson went to Niger, Africa to check out Bush's claim and found it to be entirely false. Once he came back and publicly accused the administration of making it up, all of a sudden Robert Novak and Matt Cooper reported that Valerie Plame (Wilson's wife) was an undercover CIA agent.

It was obviously an attempt at schoolyard nastiness. Valerie Plame could never again go undercover. Not only that, it put her at risk for undercover jobs she had done in the past. Outing her could have (and still may) be dangerous. Knowing disclosure of "any information identifying" a covert agent is a felony.

Now it's looking like many in the administration and their buds may have been involved...

I watch with bated breath...

I shudder to think!

[edit on 16-7-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It proves these guys do not care about our nation's security. All they care about is their own personal power and position.

It's detestable. Americans should demand they be held accountable.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You know all these has been circulating since prior to the Iraqi war, but now 3 years later it becomes an issue.

I guess somethings can not be keep in the dark for so long anymore.

I wonder if the reason for Powell to resign was due to all the mess going on in the Bush administration, perhaps he knew and decided to step out while still in good shape.

Also Ashcroft and Rove have links too I wonder if he also resign to distance himself from the mess also.

I feel that some pieces on the presidents men early retirement are coming into place now.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, there's nothing unusual about a president's staff changing after a second term. In the case of Ari Fleischer leaving, for example, I was suspicious. He looked like a rat bailing the ship. Mary Matalin finally bailed Cheney's service, thankfully. She stayed with him far too long. As for Colin Powell, he should've refused to give that dog and pony show to the UN and resigned. If he would have done that, I would've supported him for president and everything else. But he had go do that. I have forever lost confidence in him as a leader.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Perhaps Powell while been around the president didn't fell good with Mr. Rove getting an ear to delicate information as Bush lap dog.

Who knows

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Perhaps Powell while been around the president didn't fell good with Mr. Rove getting an ear to delicate information as Bush lap dog.

Who knows

I hate to say this, but Powell has taken the coward's way out.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Sorry, but you guys are mixed up a bit. Wilson is the one in hot water, he was the one who "shot down" the idea about Saddam buying "yellow cake Uranium" from Africa. And now its appers that he did so beause he was sent there by his wife. Wilson is also a left-wing nut.

Rove only found out about her idenity from reporters in the media!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Sorry, but you guys are mixed up a bit. Wilson is the one in hot water, he was the one who "shot down" the idea about Saddam buying "yellow cake Uranium" from Africa. And now its appers that he did so beause he was sent there by his wife. Wilson is also a left-wing nut.

Do you have a source on this?

I have seen no indication that Wilson was 'sent' by his wife, nor is he in hot water. He was sent by the CIA. He revealed that the yellowcake document was forged. I guess you could call that 'shot down'. I don't think we're mixed up a bit.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Rove only found out about her idenity from reporters in the media!

Boatphone, you are woefully misinformed. Wilson in hot water?
He PROVED that Saddam was NOT procuring yellow cake from Niger. It was IMPOSSIBLE. Check the record.

He was NOT sent there by his wife.

You do realize he was an ambassador, right?

Check that record. He was sent by officials of the CIA, not by his wife. Is that how YOU really think the Company operates?

So based on what you're saying is, reporters in the media knew more than Rove did? Remarkable.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
U.S. rapped for
blowing spy's cover

BY CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Mohammad Kahn
A captured Al Qaeda computer whiz was E-mailing his comrades as part of a sting operation to nab other top terrorists when U.S. officials blew his cover, sources said yesterday.
Within hours of Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan's name being publicized Monday, British police launched lightning raids that netted a dozen suspected Al Qaeda terrorists, including one who was nabbed after a high-speed car chase.

Among those taken into custody was Abu Eisa Al Hindi, whose scouting of the New York Stock Exchange, the Citigroup Center and other financial sites for possible attacks prompted the latest orange alert terror warnings.

Now British and Pakistani intelligence officials are furious with the Americans for unmasking their super spy - apparently to justify the orange alert - and for naming the other captured terrorist suspects.

Pakistani Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayyat expressed dismay the trap they had hoped would lead to the capture of other top Al Qaeda leaders, possibly even Osama Bin Laden, was sprung too soon.

"The network is still not finished," Hayyat said. It "remains a potent threat to Pakistan, and to civilized humanity."

"It makes our job harder," a British security source said. British officials denied press reports yesterday that several suspects were able to escape the net.

On July 13, the Pakistanis nabbed Khan and seized his computers, which revealed that Al Qaeda was operating worldwide and had planned other Sept. 11-style attacks.

"His arrest was kept secret and he was made to remain in touch with his contacts," a Pakistani government official told The Times of London. "During his detention, he regularly communicated through E-mail with the Al Qaeda operatives in Britain and other countries. That helped us to identify them."
Now who could possibly have done such a horrible thing right before
the Republican National Convention?

www.nydailynews.com...

[edit on 18-7-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

top topics

join