It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore and Sweden's project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Swedish and Singaporean naval forces have been co-operating for more than ten years. Singapore is for example using mine clearance vessels and submarines manufactured in Sweden. This co-operation now seems to expand to include also EOD and mine clearance since the Swedish IT-based mine clearance system, EOD IS, are in use at the Singaporean Armed Forces.

After several months of preparation, a representative of the EOD IS section at SWEDEC visited the Singaporean Naval Forces 194th Mine Warfare Squadron. The intention of this visit was to present the IT-based EOD and mine clearance system EOD IS as well as to train a number of operators in order to have the system evaluated.

source

Hmm intresting, if more countries join this project we could clear like all of the mines left over from past wars. Whats you guys opinions?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
WHy does sing require "mine clearance" vessels and subs?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
pretty well all nations with maritime militaries have mine clearance vessels. Mines are one of the cheaper and easier ways to attack naval vessels after all. And even defense only militaries like the japanese need them in case of infiltration attacks by an opposing force could seed mines in key harbors and sea lanes.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's only mine clearance vessels and second hand submarines, not like we are possessing aircraft carrier. And dun forget we have Malaysia(rapidly building up military currently) at the north and Indonesia at the south. This place in not always safe you noe?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes, I heard Malaysia want to take singapore

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Whao lao.......

I don;t believe I actually seeing a going to be Malaysia VS SG thread here
(-__-;

As for Malaysia and SG why would we wanna fight each other.

For the mine clearnace. We need it, for a lot of ships pass by our waters. Only take some terrorist to get some water mines and we are screwed.

Therefore, its important to have the lastest and best mine vessals.

Moreover, we can sell them to Thailand if they built the "bypass Singapore" canal.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Lol i was only stating that we are not living in a safe haven free from any threat. Things are unpredictable, you see. I prefer China vs US than Singapore vs Malaysia. There's nothing much

Yeah right darkhero. It's more like China is gonna take over Taiwan. Did i hit a nerve?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well, I love Sweden, and i think taht they may do wahtever they want...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
well let me get this thing clear MALAYSIA will never invade or SINGAPORE or INDONESIA or THAILAND infact SINGAPORE is much more aggresivelly.Flying their jet-fighters in MALAYSIAN WATER AND TERITTORY.

here is the logic;
no 1 SINGAPORE first forward defend if attack mean came from northern
that base will be in BATU PAHAT that their tactics,that all MALAYSIA millitary personal already know about that.and will ready to counter anything if came from SINGAPORE.
But since MALAYSIA and SOUTH EAST ASIA REGION country have a deal in SEATO aggrements so it is very defficults to break and if break mean it is for nothing since we all like to live in happy and peace.
P/S Heiiii we are but one umbrella right and used the USA brand

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
WHy does sing require "mine clearance" vessels and subs?

We sit astride the Straits of Malacca, the main transhipment route of oil supply to North East Asia, and any future conflict up there will bring us into the equation.

Any mining of the Straits is tantamount to a declaration of war on Singapore,as she depends on them as a SLOC and a maritime nation can't do without open seas.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by unholy enterprise
well let me get this thing clear MALAYSIA will never invade or SINGAPORE or INDONESIA or THAILAND infact SINGAPORE is much more aggresivelly.Flying their jet-fighters in MALAYSIAN WATER AND TERITTORY.

here is the logic;
no 1 SINGAPORE first forward defend if attack mean came from northern
that base will be in BATU PAHAT that their tactics,that all MALAYSIA millitary personal already know about that.and will ready to counter anything if came from SINGAPORE.
But since MALAYSIA and SOUTH EAST ASIA REGION country have a deal in SEATO aggrements so it is very defficults to break and if break mean it is for nothing since we all like to live in happy and peace.
P/S Heiiii we are but one umbrella right and used the USA brand

Nice intelligence, indeed. No one spoke of an attack from our good friend Malaysia. Why be agitated?

LoL things are unpredictable during wartime. Do you think we will go according to the plan you know and let you destroy us? Heard of Mis-info?And you have to put up defence on many fronts cause fighters will be coming back from overseas training bases. I like our KC-135

All you warmongers out there...Peace!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, the real threat is further afield.

Better to have SEA banding together, this is our region and we have to care for it.Don't let petty intra region irritations tear us apart.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
One interesting fact is that most "mine clearing" ships can allso be used as minelayers and asw ships (at least those used by Finnish Navy)

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am from Singapore. I think due to the fact we train in Jungle warfare and mines are normally like to plant in soil in Jungle. Get it?

Hmm.. *Four more years to NS* If Malaysia want to invade Singapore. That's it, I going U.S to borrow a couple of nuclear bomb. If they invade Singapore. I nuke them flat

Serious, I don't think so, Malaysia depend on Singapore while Singapore depend on Malaysia. If Malaysia invade Singapore (With Singapore's current relationship with the world), there will be other countries stop them. And U.N will stop Malaysia. (I thought U.N mission is peacekeeping?)

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Fredng]

new topics

top topics

join