It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another quake in California?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Has anyone in California had problems with ants going in their home lately? I have and so have some other people who live by me, the ants have been all around my house, they are so annoyng! Could this mean that there might be another quake in California? My pets have been acting pretty much normal, except they've seemed happier to see me lately, but I dont know if that counts. what do you guys think?

[edit on 16-7-2005 by BigPimpin]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Actually the rising insect population has more to do with the recent rains and the abundance of available food for them.

Insect population outbreaks can be caused by a number of factors. All animal populations exhibit periodic fluctuations, perhaps due to climate or other related factors. Since this is a natural phenomenon, it may be best to do nothing-just observe the cycle. In many cases an outbreak of one species causes an increase in its natural enemies which in turn brings the pest species under control. There is a lag time before the enemies catch up with the pest so you need to be patient.

link

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
California will have another earthquake soon!!!

Not because of the ant behavior but because of the geology and the fact that California has lots of earthquakes.

I did notice that just prior to a quake near Los Angeles back in the 80's that my two cats started walking back and forth and meowing at the door. But this happened just a few minutes before my place started to shudder.

I've also observed a dairy herd get very unsettled a few minutes before a small quake near Vancouver, Canada.

Both of these reactions happened just before the event and not hours or days ahead of time. So yes, California has an earthquake coming but I don't think an influx of ants is any indication of impending doom.......

After saying that, if your house gets dropped into your basement by a big one over the next little while, let us know. We may have to give the ants a second look.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its when the ants disappear you have to worry....

the day of the tsunami my cats sat up on the roof staring at me all day, they never get up there but that day they sure were.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Every summer the ants look for indoors, water, etc.. to get out of the heat, nothing extraordinary here.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have a big ant problem here, because I live in the desert. But my cat is acting normal.

new topics

top topics

join