It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I d like some advice, this is serious!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
yavis:: so where has atomix been talking about me?
hopefully its all good if it's not he is lying! lol.

hopefully it all works out, i have been brought up in family and i know they can be inoying but i have never had the troubles that most people have gone through because i cn talk freely to my family.

oni x x

PS: thanks for saying i gave the best advice!! *blushes*

pps: (can a mod take away the post below, posted it twice. thanks oni x)

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Oni x x]

Yeah atomix saya only good things about you, I actually think he s in love with you.

yavis

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
lol, poor boy.
where have you spoken about this? i mean thread wise!

just wanna know, just wanna see what he has wrote about poor me.

cheers.

oni x x

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
lol, poor boy.
where have you spoken about this? i mean thread wise!

just wanna know, just wanna see what he has wrote about poor me.

cheers.

oni x x

I don t know anymore I ll search for it and when I find something I ll post it here.

yavis

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

And Guiness.....are you mad! Carling mate, Carling!!!!!

Carling? Carling?! Carling?!! Please tell me you're joking...you don't really drink that yeasty piss-water, do you? And only 4.1% ?! What's the point?

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't think anyone else has suggested it but come on over to the good old USA.
It should be far enough for you. The only obstacle I see is actually getting a decent enough job.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
yavis, get a job on a cruise ship. Join the "polish navy." There's a port near you I'm sure headed to the Carribean for 6 months. You get 6 months room and board, clothes, a job (probably serving dinner), free days all over the Carribean and walk away in half a year with $10 to $20 grand in your pocket. If I were 18 and running away from home, I'd do it (assuming I was from Europe, since they don't hire redneck teens from the US).

Some people do it for years actually. It's not a bad life or way to "grow up" at all. And you're pretty much set by your mid 20's. Relatively speaking.

Is that in polen?

yavis

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Ehh... cruise ship jobs aint all they're cracked up to be...

I'm in the METOC (Meteorology, and Oceanography) program here at SUNY Maritime. The particular program that I'm in, sets us up with temporary jobs, related to our field, so we can gain work experiance, as well as see what type of work is "out there"...

Anyhow... I apprenticed on a cruise ship twice. (1 trip down to the carribean (12 days), and 1 trip up to Nova Scotia (14 days) I really enjoyed it! I worked with a very international crowd... (TONS OF EUROPEANS). Thanks to my apprenticeship I got to work in the chart room most of the time, reading WX maps. I apprenticed under a HUGE Norweigen named Torlief... he was one of the nicest people I ever met. I got to work along side croatians (sp?), Italians, Philipinos, Spaniards (from spain), and Indians (from India).

The next year I decided to drop out of school, and do my own thing. I figured; "Hey?! I enjoyed working on the cruise ship, lemme do it again!" Being that it was my first time making an independent decision (Ie. no help from my parents) I decided to do a full season underway. That means 8 months of back to back work on board a ship, with a 4 month break at the end. (It can be 3 depending what cruise line you work for, so watch out.) Anyhow... once they have your name on the dotted line, they want you to bleed salt water for them. The ship wasn't the problem (I love ships, and I'm joining the Navy, or CG after school), and Neither was the work (I was a Dining Room assistant* because of my English Language skills, and prior experiance working at Ruby Tuesdays.) It's just the people man... your first 2 months will be fine... give it 4 months, and you'll hate every living person on board. You literally CANNOT get away from people onboard a cruise ship. Even when your on your off duty hours, it's not like you can change clothes, and "blend in" with the guest. (thats the actual term we use... if you're cought "blending" by an officer your pay is docked the ammount of that off duty period.) You pretty much wear an off duty uniform, and if a customer asks you something (even if your off duty) you MUST oblige. You can't go to your cabin either... it's hot, and the size of a tin can. You can go to the crews quarters, but thats only good for a month... once you've been in the CQ for a month you've seen just about every movie in existence. It's a ship... and you ain't gonna swim home... so your stuck with what you get.

Pretty much remember this... If you want a cruise job. You have to be an EXTREMELY good people person. Don't get me wrong, I like people, I'm not an anti-social creep either... just give it 4 months, of non stop, back to back people, and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean...

Contact me if you want any more info, about working on a cruise ship. It aint as bad as I make it seem... it has it's good points too. (allthough it seems that the bad does outweigh the good at times. Alot of times.)

(*If you have good english speaking skills, and you've had restaurant experiance you can probly land a dining room job. TRUST ME; you want to be in the dining room. Other wise you'll start off in the galley as a pot washer, being that it's an entry level, non speaking, "no experiance necessary" job. In other words, expect to be payed in peanuts.)

(I'm not sure what the laws are in europe, but if you can; try to go to bartending school. Bartenders on board, make a mint off of tips. Dining room jobs, make decent tips too... allthough if you're an assistant like I was don't be mad when you find out how much the actual waiters, and the Maitre 'd make in tips... you'll feel really "shortchanged", lol.)

[edit on 7/20/05 by microcosm]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thx for your advice microcosm, i do have a few questions about it but I ll U2u u.

yavis

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In response to your question regarding tornadoes in Canada, I do believe they have hardly any if any at all per year. But that's coming from someone who lives 200 miles south of the border in Wisconsin...

Anyway it's too cold up there for tornadoes (not cold cold, summer is actually nice and warm) to happen as often as you may have heard of.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't suggest people move to Alberta, Canada
but in your case it could be a good plan. It is the one province where the legal drinking age is 18.

There are also lots of jobs there, the economy is booming and they have pretty low taxes in comparison with the rest of the country.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Normally, I wouldn't suggest people move to Alberta, Canada
but in your case it could be a good plan. It is the one province where the legal drinking age is 18.

There are also lots of jobs there, the economy is booming and they have pretty low taxes in comparison with the rest of the country.

I really like this advice :-)

By the way THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for there GREAT advices you really helped me a lot.
New advices are still welcome, but I already made my desicion. I ll let you guys know when I m finally gone. I hope that won t be to long cuz the situation isn t getting better.

yavis

top topics

<< 1   >>

join