It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardball Recruiter Gets Promoted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Video

CBS News Story

An Army recruiter accused of lying to young would-be soldiers to meet recruitment goals – has not been disciplined as the Army promised. Instead, he’s been promoted...
Turns out even though he violated the Army’s strict recruitment guidelines -- and officials promised swift corrective action – Kelt has instead been transferred to another recruiting office where he has been promoted to supervisor.

This is pretty amazing. Watch the video if you can. How many times in one day will I say I'm not proud, as I used to be, but ashamed.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think its great that he's been promoted! Who better to supervise than someone who knows all the corners that can be cut and the tricks that can be pulled? It's the same thing as the FBI hiring a conman to help them stop insurance fraud.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think its great that he's been promoted! Who better to supervise than someone who knows all the corners that can be cut and the tricks that can be pulled?

I don’t think that’s the case. To me it just seems like the army not wanting, or caring to punish him.

The Army says he’s the perfect person to be in charge of other recruiters since he experienced first hand what happens when ethics rules are broken.

No he doesn’t, he hasn’t been punished, and his actions from before show he doesn’t care and probably wont punish any recruiters who break the rules under his watch.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
From the link:

"The Army says he’s the perfect person to be in charge of other recruiters since he experienced first hand what happens when ethics rules are broken."

So Enron execs should be teaching business ethics in schools across America then?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And Clinton should be teaching fidelity courses... It's a lame excuse to cover the fact that they're rewarding the guy for going beyond the law to recruit.

Be All That You Can Be. And if all you can be is a liar, a fraud and a slimeball, well then be that. But join the Army!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I agree, the guy should be punished. But keep in mind that this one man does not represent the entire miliary.....I personnaly know a couple recruiters that have been punished for similar reasons.

Unfortunately, some people fall thru the cracks.

new topics

top topics

join