It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Flying Craft (1000-Years Old ) Made of gold

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There is a website that has several different bird/airplane items that were discovered in South America. I do remember that an RC aeromodeler built models of them and they flew very well. I will try and find the lnk and post it.

What I find interesting, is that even though the models could be explained as being just items that were built from observation one would still need a basic knowledge in aerodynamics with regads to lift and thrust. You can build a wooden model of a bird and throw it, chances are it wont fly. You would have had to research which woods to use, how to curve the wing, where to place the wing & tail, etc.,etc.. Now knowing how curious humans are, I would suspect that maybe there is a large size people carrying version somewhere, could this have something to do with the Ikarus legend? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Dr. Khalil made a balsa wood model with the same measurements as the Pa-Di-Imen artifact and added a stabilizer to the tail. the model was pushed by hand and flew a few yards. Some call it a bird,... but no birds with vertical tails were ever seen in Egypt on the middle East.

Don't overlook the fact that the design had to be modified to work....
South and Central American cultures used a lot of abstract artistic ideas... No reason I can see to infer that it's anything other than a bird or a flying fish. As far as the birds with vertical tails...many archeologists are starting to confirm what a lot of us already believe....that there was trade between ancient South America, and Egypt (this is why you'll find South American herbs and flowers in Egyptian mummies).....so no reason animals weren't likewise traded....especially since exotic animals were certainly a commodity then....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Gazrok I see what your point is, what I am saying is that when you imply flight, especially at that time in history, there are other factors that point toward more knowlesge than we give to them. Additonally, many of the models of the south american finds had rpresentations of a cabin or cockpit, one of the models was clearly a delta wing resembling something that could be compared to an aircraft(Delta Dart). Now I am not saying that there was a Mayan air force, not at all, I am not saying that they had flying machines, however, someone somewhere made an observation and developed this into a 3 dimensional model. Makes you wonder what he/she saw, or on the other hand maybe this was a folk story handed down in parts of Mayan or ancient S.Amercan culture.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
QUOTE:

There is a website that has several different bird/airplane items that were discovered in South America. I do remember that an RC aeromodeler built models of them and they flew very well. I will try and find the lnk and post it.

Jimcrispi.

Can you post the link if you find it.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have some DIRECT knowledge of this (as in: been there. Saw the objects.) And no, it's not an airplane.

The website author takes one artifact from a culture and pronounces it "gold Airplane!" without actually looking at the other artifacts. Furthermore, he states "[i]When we compare these with other objects from the same cultures depicting animals, a curious facet of the comparison would be obvious: the other objects are recognizable, rendered usually with a great accuracy and attention to realistic detail."

He's very obviously never been to Costa Rica and seen the museums. This, for example, is a figurine of the god known as El Grand Chaman (the Great Shaman): www.museosdelbancocentral.org...

It is not a picture of a spaceman with heliblades and lifters and rocket packs. You can see similar use of the stylized artform in their selection of replicas in the store: www.museosdelbancocentral.org...
I wish there were better closeups. They're wonderful pieces. However, from having seen hundreds of things in the museums in Costa Rica I can say definately that it's not a plane and it is an example of how they do stylized cicadas (bugs) and birds.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have some DIRECT knowledge of this (as in: been there. Saw the objects.) And no, it's not an airplane.

The website author takes one artifact from a culture and pronounces it "gold Airplane!" without actually looking at the other artifacts. Furthermore, he states "[i]When we compare these with other objects from the same cultures depicting animals, a curious facet of the comparison would be obvious: the other objects are recognizable, rendered usually with a great accuracy and attention to realistic detail."

He's very obviously never been to Costa Rica and seen the museums. This, for example, is a figurine of the god known as El Grand Chaman (the Great Shaman): www.museosdelbancocentral.org...

It is not a picture of a spaceman with heliblades and lifters and rocket packs. You can see similar use of the stylized artform in their selection of replicas in the store: www.museosdelbancocentral.org...
I wish there were better closeups. They're wonderful pieces. However, from having seen hundreds of things in the museums in Costa Rica I can say definately that it's not a plane and it is an example of how they do stylized cicadas (bugs) and birds.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Those pictures are really freaky.....
I think it says something about visitors from outer space.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm completely in agreement with Byrd on this...

Stylization was certainly evident in the majority of their art, and this seems to be no exception....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"gold covered aircraft could only have one purpose i can think of...

space travel, gold reflects heat very well.. if not better than any other element...(im not certain on this)

its probably perfect for re-entery... "

Sorry, one of the properties of gold is that it melts very easy compared to other metals

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
gold covered aircraft could only have one purpose i can think of...

space travel, gold reflects heat very well.. if not better than any other element...(im not certain on this)

its probably perfect for re-entery...

Ahahahahaha, are you kidding? Gold melts at a very low temperature.. It will melt allmost instantly as it passes through the atmosphere..

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
why do they use it in, mclaren f1 sports cars on the engine to reflect heat then?

pure gold will probably melt but special goly alloy type stuff might be able to reflect obscene temperatures...

as far as i am aware, the best conductors are carbon fibre, and gold..

and the best heat reflectors are, ceramics and gold...

maybe im wrong i dunoo.. i have heard of gold being used to reflect high temperatures

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yeah ive just looked up some info on the mclaren car.. some of the engine is lined with pure gold to stop heat dammaging the car.. its a 200mph+ car

maybe extreme temperatures melt gold. maybe the car only gets to a few hundred deg...not enough to melt the gold...

im pretty sure 24 carrot gold melts at about 1000c

i dunno what temp re entry is but if gold is alloyed with other metals im pretty sure that can be improved upon..

they even use gold in some aircraft to stop stuff melting..

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
it doesnt make sence? why use gold if its rubbish at reflecting?

much cheaper alternatives could be used??

maybe its not as simple as melting points ect ect?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
See any picture of the Apollo Lunar Module on the surface of the Moon or the Apollo Command Module after splashdown and you�ll notice gold foil covering the majority of the craft.

This external reflective insulation material is known as "Kapton Foil".

Thinner than a quality paper, this ingenious invention protected both the spacecraft and the astronauts from harmful solar radiation and severe temperature changes in space.

It continues today to be used on satellites, the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station to shield sensitive equipment

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Looks amazingly like our modern day space shuttle...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I thought titanium was perfect for re-entry.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gold melts around 2000 F, Titanium around 3000 F.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join