It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Plans Exodus to South Carolina In A Political Power Play

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm interested to see what these Dominionists plan to do about and with Myrtle Beach and all the lovely debauchery along the Grand Strand.

Frankly, if these nuts want to all move down to SC, it's still a free country and they are welcome to do so. I just hope they don't travel through NC on the way. We have enough religious nuts here already without having to import them or take the chance that some will get confused with the whole "north" and "south" thing and stay here.

Oh, yeah. I'm an American. I'm not a chri$tian. It's my nation as much as it is anyone elses. Therefore, it's NOT a chri$tian nation. Everytime someone makes such an absurd statement, I am amazed at how the mindset is so similar to that of the people who are shooting at our soldiers in the middle east right now.

TC, if you and your holy brethren manage to dumb everyone in the country down enough, or harrass the populous enough to buy into your myth, you might be able to say it's a chri$tian nation one day, but not today. Not as long as this human is still alive. Well, technically, I guess you can say it as much as you like, but just like your myths, saying it doesn't make it true.

I have to give a hats off to the chri$tians though. While islam wants to bring back the 6th century, the chri$tians will be perfectly happy with bringing the 17th century. I suppose that is progress in whatever false reality these religous fanatics live in.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good to hear from another Carolinian.

Myrtle Beach may as well be Sodom & Gomorrah.
They'll have their hands full with that.. 'speshly when their kids head down there for the week of high school graduation!

The reason this nation was founded (on the judeo/christian philosophy ) is, as I've said before, at our nation's founding, the majority of our citizens were white protestants. But the founders fully intended the church and state to be two very separate things. The mention of God, or a higher being in the constitution doesn't make it a "Christian" document.

My uncle traced our family line back to its origins in Europe and put it together into two hard-back volumes. It was fascinating to read about my ancestors in England around the time the people were fleeing from there (b/c of religious persecution). One ancestor, John Smith (how white bread can you get?
) was repeatedly jailed, brought before the king and flogged for preaching the gospel. He was one who came over on the same ship as William Penn, founder of Pennsylvania. Here, those folks didn't want anything similar to the government/church state they had fled from. They wanted one thing: FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

People today, in their zeal, totally lose site of that, and what our ancestors learned - the hard way. I am a Christian, but there's no way I want to live in a theocracy! NEVER! We've come this far as a nation, respecting the faiths of all, to turn back the clock on that would be to spit on our founders/ancestors graves.

To say that this is a Christian nation is irresponsible and probably quite offensive to those of all other faiths who are just as much Americans as we Christians are. It would be much wiser to simply say, the majority of Americans are Christians.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think that's true though ECK, all the Buddists, Islamic, Jews, Hindu, Witches, Pagans, and smart people(Athiests) might out number the christians.

Well, which ones? Because according to the church Protestants, Methodists, Lutherns, so forth aren't real christians. But to Protestants Methodists, Lutherns, and catholics aren't real christians. So which ones are we talking about? And isn't that the funniest thing ever? They all say they are christians, but the others are wrong. Like wtf? You both have jesus and god, so how are they not christians? "Because they don't worship the Virgin Mary or the Shroud of Turin!" Or the other way around if you aren't a catholic. They can't even agree on it, why should anyone join those buffoons?

Also, which christian ethics? Protestant? Luthern? Which ones were we founded on? Again, they can't even agree on who's right, why should anyone else? Not too mention that the so called christian ethics aren't christian but Humanism ethics. Don't kill, don't rape, don't steal, all Humanism, not christian.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yeah, as a Christian I shake my head at the derision among protestants. If more people spent time in prayer and reading the word of God, they'd be much less quick to spend their time attacking others for their beliefs. And they wouldn't be so quick to swallow hook, line and sinker, some man's interpretation of truth (as put down in the scriptures).

Personally, I think the enemies of Christ love watching the constant bickering. Takes away from the central tenet Jesus taught: Love God with all your heart and mind and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Sorry to Thomas Crowne, I left out Southern Baptists.

One question, why is alchohol evil when Jesus was a bartender?

Another thing christians can't get straight.

But you know what they say...

"If you go fishing with a Southern Baptist Minister bring two. One will drink all your beer, but with two neither will drink in front of each other."

Or something like that.....

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hey now.. I'm a southern Baptist..

Regarding Jesus being a bartender, you must be talking about his first miracle.. turning water into wine?

I think that instance tells us, Jesus never condemned our drinking wine. The problem was with our abuse of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join