It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Half-Blood Prince, Finished ***SPOILERS WITHIN***

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Never mind...didn't realize there was still an edit button

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Reikuro]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

I don't think he made Harry a horcrux because he didn't kill him, although as Albus said probably tried. I don't even know if you can make a person a horcrux, but it helps my theories and seems quite possible.

Well, by killing him he would defeat the purpose of making him a horcrux...then that part of his soul would be dead. And I think you can make a person a horcrux, because Dumbledore thought Tom used the snake as a horcrux, so why not a person? I think Harry will be a horcrux but find a way to destroy the Tom part, and keep the whole Harry thing still alive and kickin

It said Regulus defected and was soon killed. There's enough mystery around that to make it possible, I suppose.

Yeah, I think they said that Regulus was killed by Tom for betraying him. Deffinatly think it was him, cause like someone said before, Kreacher found something that he didn't want Sirius to get rid off...that might be the real locket...seeing as how Regulus probably did live there

I definitely think there's something up with Grimmauld Place that we've not been told yet.

Deffinatly, I think that Harry will wind up living there (possibly with Ron and Hermione, that is if "Won Won's" mom lets him move out) in the next book, and he will discover something about the house that even Sirius didn't know of...perhaps a hidden chamber or something

I think James (Harry's dad) was a decendent of Godric Griffindor, it would make alot of sense...perhaps Harry is the horcrux that represents Griffindor...wouldn't it make sense? Riddle found out James was a decendent of Griffindor, and by hearing the prophecy, he could choose Neville...or Harry, the half blood, like himself, and the decendent of Griffindor..

Harry...griffindor..

Tom...slytherin...

school house rivals are Griffindor and Slytherin...as we know Tom is a decendent of Slytherin...if Harry is in fact a decendent of Griffindor, then it all works out that Tom thinks of him as an equal.

Especially since Tom has only half of Slytherin's blood, and if my theory is correct, Harry would have half of Griffindor's blood...

But...
What happens when Harry meets Snape next?

He wont kill him will he? You'd think so...but then he would be sent to Azkeban (how ever you spell it)...or do you not get sent there if you kill someone who is a death eater?

Ok there is an EDIT button...didnt see it

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Reikuro]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No they are not real letters! Wow isn't the new look ATS cool?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
And I think you can make a person a horcrux, because Dumbledore thought Tom used the snake as a horcrux, so why not a person?

Word.
Although I don't think Harry is one because that night he couldn't have made a horcrux. He killed James, then Lily, and would have used his murder of Harry to create one, but as he didn't...

Then again, I don't know how you make a horcrux. It's possible you do it at the time of the death, and so he would've have "included" it along with Avada Kedavra and when Harry didn't die, well, it's possible, as said, that his soul in Harry is a horcrux in itself. Maybe Voldemort doesn't even know this yet, or he has since learned it since the end of GoF/OotP.

I like the Gryffindor thing, although I'm not quite sure as it seems too convenient. It would certainly help the parallels between him and Riddle, though, off which there are an extraordinary amount. I shall ponder.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think it's impossible that Harry is a horacrux, Voldemort's power evaporated unexpectedly when he tried to kill Harry, and we wouldn't have tried to kill him if he had already made him one.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, he couldn't do anything until he killed him, and it's possible that whatever you have to do to make a horcrux was seriously messed up when Harry lived.

I'm thinking she needs to write that damn book. I've heard that she's had the last chapter written for years.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I'm thinking she needs to write that damn book. I've heard that she's had the last chapter written for years.

I'll second that! I can't believe it'll be another couple years before I find out how the saga ends.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Actually

In an interview with a child fan the day after the hugely-anticipated launch of the sixth instalment of the Hogwarts’ wizard tale, Rowling said she would be tackling the final chapter of the story as early as the end of the year.

www.examiner.ie... 6&x=

Sorry to disappoint you

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Eh, somehow I'll survive.

Somehow...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I finished the book yesterday, and I have to say "WOW"
Very impressive piece of work. And definately getting more intense, mature, and just "WOW"
Now I have to go back and re-read them all in order again

I seem to recall the initials R.A.B. being referred to at some other point. Just wish I could remember where. Or if it was even the same book series....

I still am in shock that Snape was the one. I really started to like the guy. She built up quite a bit of sympathy for him, seeing the childhood, the abuse, the stuff James and Sirius dumped on him. But, the only way that I can see him using the spell (except of course being evil) is if there was special permission. A time-turner? Even though they say they were all destroyed in the ministry attack, Dumbledore was there. Maybe he rescued one. Maybe an invisibility cloak? How about the polyjuice potion? Personally however, I think he is dead. And Snape is evil. Because he (Dumbledore) did make the comment that he isn't perfect, he does make mistakes in judgement. The problem is that when one is that good, the mistakes made tend to be much larger and with greater consequences. I think that was foreshadowing to what was to come. I thought it when I read it, before I knew.

LOVE the letters!!! LOL

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Ariande Tau]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i hope dumbledore somehow comes back even in ghost form!

but it is unlikely. i think snape didnt want to kill dumbledore but he made a unbreakable vow with draco's mother. and she said *if he doesnt complete the mission snape will do the deed for him*

i dont know she is an amasing writer!!

oni x x

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oni I know you loved Dumbledore but you've got to let go! He's not coming back! And will you please:

The word is amaZing! Not amasing! I expect many WATS votes for the long hours I put into those letters!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Oni I know you loved Dumbledore but you've got to let go! He's not coming back! And will you please:

The word is amaZing! Not amasing! I expect many WATS votes for the long hours I put into those letters!

Hey, calm down. We all make spelling errors. Just because of that your not getting my WATS vote.:shk:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Anybody else suspect that Harry is being set up to be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher next year?

When he was telling Ron and Hermione about the new DADA teacher (before they knew it was to be Snape) both of them gave a start of surprise, and Hermione said "But I thought..." Plus, there have been a few comments about how he was the best teacher the D.A. members had ever had. Plus, everything Harry has is there. He loves the school, it is the first home either of them have ever had, he discovered from Malfoy that there is yet another secret entrance, Voldemort felt Hogwarts was the first (only?) home that he ever really had, and all Harry's biggest allys are there, the D.A., Ginny, Dobby, Hagrid and the other professors, and it is where Harry feels the closest connection to his parents (and Sirius and Dumbledore). And we know that the "secret" to defeating Voldemort is Love. Hogwarts is where Harry's love is the strongest.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I like that idea. I don't think it'll happen, but I like the idea. Harry's gotta get about four more of Snape's old textbooks if he's gonna teach and prepare those kids for NEWTs.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster

Hey, calm down. We all make spelling errors. Just because of that your not getting my WATS vote.:shk:

What!?! Im sorry, I just wanted to look like a big man! Oni I apologize, continue writing with your lack of proper grammer. I think its a good idea for Harry to be the DADA teacher but the best teacher ever was Gilderoy Lockhart.......

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
oi Atomix. dont even start with me!

so i spelt a few words wrong!

BIG DEAL!!!!

i dont pick at your faults, so dont treat me like a idiot!

oni x x

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im sorry Oni....Do you accept my apology? If not you can get help here

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey, play nice you two. There are more important things afoot, like a dead headmaster!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Im sure McGonagall is well capable of running the school. To be honest I never really liked Dumbledore, He just kept secrets from Harry! It took him 5 years to tell him about the prophecy! And we think the govt. is secretive

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join