It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is heavy metal music the music of the devil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AphexTwin
Aphex Twin,

I WANT YOUR SOUL!!!! I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! I WANT YOUR SOUL!!! I WILL EAT YOUR SOUUUUUUUUUUUL!!

COME TO DADDY!!! COME TO DADDY!!!

haha that video is fantastic where the monster comes out the tv and screams in the old womans face!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
James, Number of the beast was a pivotal moment in my elfy childhood. My granny was starstruck with the local christian broadcasting channel, and they had a show called the Eagles nest (note: Hitler called his hideout the Eagles nest too, hence paranoid Christian parents have something in common with Der Fueher)

Anyway, this show was dedicated to enlightening parents about all the evil and satanic themes in rock music, from sex, drugs, and violence to the glorification of hell. They spent an awful lot of time disecting evil heavy metal bands. One day, they decided that Iron Maidens number of the beast was worth christian paranoia, and thus were showing the album cover, and pointing out all the influuences of old Scratch himself. i saw this, and immediately, i called my friend Melody (she was fighting a religious war of her own, her dad was a super orthadox Jew). Her mom was a headbanger, and had a #load of albums and let her kids listen to whatever they wanted, so IO went over to her house, and we found the album, and we saw the evil on the album cover, plopped it on the record player, and began to bang and bash the night away.

Melody saved me from the evils of Christianity, when my granny forced me to go to church, id hope the bus over to Melodys house, get stoned, listen to :devil music, but turn on the Tv and Monitor the Christian broadcasting channel, where our church services were televised, and take notes so in case my granny interrogated me about what i learned in church, id be well armed

Incidentally, if you play Twisted Sisters album backwards, Stay Hungry, it says things like obey your parents, stay in school, dont do drugs, jesus loves you, ect.

proof paositive that this subliminal backwards crap has no influence on the youth of America!

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Listening to Judas Priest makes me horny. Listening to Ozzy and Sabbath makes me want to love fury animals. Listening to industrial makes me wanna dance naked on tables with antlers on my head:by Skadi

WooHoo!!!!! Come over here, I got a few Judas Priest songs on my PC. No Industrial though, guess will need to use Kazaa for that. And Ozzy? Ozzmosis, Blizzard of Oz, I got it babe!

Anyways, christians stupid on this stuff. They also said Jazz was the devils music. The airplane was the work of the devil. So was the radio and T.V. They don't like/don't know how to make money of of it, it the devil's work.

Well, I'm gonna put some Pink Floyd(Dark Side of the Moon) and do what lots of people do while listening to it.(Dark Side of the Moon is number one song stoners listen to while smoking, #3 for screwing)

Wait..... Turns the record backwards....... Death to the non believers, all hail the pebble people!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I came across this guy's site when I was looking for info on the Grateful Dead the other day. I think this is an example of a brainwashed and potentially unstable young man. I don't know where he developed his religious beliefs, but I sure hope the don't have a very big following.
www.shinnnesunliquid.com...
Check out the rest of his site if you have time. I really feel sad for this young man. He is so confused, and doesn't strike me as being very happy.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lucifer, the angel of light, bringer of the flame AND MUSIC.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Is heavy metal the music of the devil? i hope so, because it should be a primary objective of every metal-lover to keep metal evil. *puts on Dimmu Borgir*

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Blood curling screams and groans of extreme pain are the music of the devil.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It is my duty as a singer in a heavy metal band to put a voice to 'Evil'.
Evil is relative, one man's Anti-Christ is another's saviour.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Like anything else created or used in the world, the "tool" itself is not evil...Only the intent or purpose behind its *use* can be evil.

Originally posted by drunk
"heavy metal music is the music of the devil"

The next time someone says this to you, why don't you turn their own question around?

"Is choir music in the Church actually a subtle technique of mind control of the congregation, similar to the use of subliminal advertising on TV & radio?"

Think about it for a minute; Pretty much *all* of the religions in the world have the same basic message at the core of the faith..."Show some basic level of respect & consideration for your fellow human beings, and help out each other when help is needed".

Someone who uses the name of the Devil in such a statement has already admitted to following in a religion that recognizes the Devil's existence. They've also shown that they're so ignorant that they've completely *missed* that basic message of fellowship at the core of their religion. Also, you can't use logic & reason to deal with such a person that's too ignorant to be dealing with his fellow humans on a day-to-day basis in a human-civilized society because ignorance is all they can understand.

Therefore, you would be well-advised to borrow a technique that firefighters use to stop forest fires...The use of a fire-break; The technique of burning down a section of the forest that's in the immediate path of the original fire so that the fire turns back upon itself & extinquishes. So the way to deal with someone who attacks you with ignorance is to turn that ignorance back upon itself...

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Most music that young people listen to is rebellious. Some of it is evil or suggestive. Who would deny that? That is the thrill when is in the peak of their 'physicality.'

The issue is how serious does one take it and do they move on? I still like AC/DC and Ozzy but they now remind me of a different time and place of mind. When I was younger I took that stuff a lot more seriously, now I see it for what it was teenage rebellion marketed to make big bucks!

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I f people ask me the question "is heavy metal music......" i just answer their question with a simple
answer "You tell me " or "is it really?"
usually the are stuck after those kinds of answers.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Re-reading this thread... came across your reply on page 4; I would like to add something about your remarks on wanting to kill furry animals (God Bless) and people (church music)...

Amen to that, brother!

Also, interestingly enough, when I am pissed or severly angry/ upset, I like to listen to King Diamond and Metallica... it has a soothing effect when I am in that state of mind.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

Also, interestingly enough, when I am pissed or severly angry/ upset, I like to listen to King Diamond and Metallica... it has a soothing effect when I am in that state of mind.

Same here well i dont like Metallica King Diamond is OK but i listen to shyte like EyeHateGod, Anal Cvnt,Mortician
when i am pissed.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Music is sound energy plain and simple.

So it has to have some effect.

It has been shown to elevate mood and or lower it.

I am not an expert on numerology but written words are also related. Satanists believe in this stuff so if they think it is evil than it is evil.

I trust the evil to know what evil is. But what effect it has on someone? Difficult to say, I listed to lots of rock and metal in my day and I dont' think it made me evil but I guess it depends on how much I want to believe in it or how seriously I want to take it.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I like the fact that the media down-played the fact that the kids who committed suicide smoked enough pot to kill an elephant.

Having been a long time Priest fan, after hearing this in the news, I pulled out my records and CD's, litened to all of them back to back... nothing happened. My trigger finger never even twitched. (Had the opportunity to see Halford opening up for Iron Maiden a few years ago... that was great!)

Anyway... where was I going? OH! With rock music being "bad" and "evil", how many country songs are there about cheating wives/ husbands, drinking excessively?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Music is relative. What one person considers evil another person will be relaxed by.

For instance people find gospel music uplifting, I find it hideous and it really makes my moods spin dpwnward, makes me hostile. the words are all about subservience to god and trust this big spook in the sky, and all your problems will be solved. So to me, it is music about slavery to invisible ideas and oppresion. I find the music absolutely vile.

Country western music makes me ill as well. Its depressing, amkes me wanna go out and drink and beat the # out of people in pickup trucks.

Techno is mindless, I cant stantd that #, I hate rap because it lacks any real talent to it, and is pretty damn hateful to me. (tho someone else will find it non hateful.

Heavy metal music makes me happy. It brings up my energy, inspirses me to be alive and awake, it makes my moods go up high, overall, heavy metal and rock n roll keep elves from becoming irreversably evil!

And Im still laughing at James Lime Lights phrase: Better to rock n roll in hell than serve and inbreed in heaven......

HALLALUJIA AND AMEN TO THAT, BORHTER!

Masked, dont worry about Dubyas wild parties. Unless your idea of a good time is watching a bunch of inbred simian former frat boys get wasted and fall all over each other and give each other ass hickeys, you aint missin much. An afterlife for Dubya wont be in hell, it will in some otherrealm where he is chained up to sit on Mr Rogers lap while barney the purple dinosaur molests him.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join