It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Christian' adoption agency rejects Catholics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having gone to high school at a pentecostal academy, that doesn't really surprise me. Fundemantalist have a narrow definition of 'christian'.

When I told a christian teen group leader at the time that one of my favourite writers must've been sincere in his religious based writings, because he converted to catholicism, his reply was, "no sincere Christian would convert to Catholicism."

In fact, that particular group considered catholics to be 'non chrsitians' and 'unsaved'.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wont comment on an individuals relationship with Christ like that.
There are people everywhere who God calls. I have spoken to more then a few who know the contradictions of the RCC and scripture. But that is the RCC.
The same way Lot was a good man in a bad city, so too can there be good people inside a dead church.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Catholics, protestants please listen for just a few lines:

1 Corinthians 10 - "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says 'I follow Paul'; another, 'I follow Apollos'; another, 'I follow Cephas (Peter)'; still another, 'I follow Christ.'
Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Where you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized in my name...For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel-not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power".

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I will see all John 3:16'ers there. That is the promise. This is the word of God.

Protestants, Catholics, can I get an amen?

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You've got an "Amen" from me. As Saint Paul says "Cause not thy brother to stumble",( 'for one esteems all days alike, another one above another, but each according to the faith')!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's a very good way of looking at life.

Just walk the path of life until death, as an individual, and think about what you've learned in the eternity between 'dead' and 'gone'.

Whatever others believe is their perogative. Give directions or a helping hand to those fallen by the ditch, when you can. Watch whenever you can do nothing else, learn, and keep walking...

"walk, walk, walk, all day long, walk, walk, walk, while I sing this song." Is that Lao Tse or Adam Sandler?

(Edit: Notice, if you will, that I've co-opted Paul for the Taoists.
They can thank me later. )

[edit on 18-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Concerning the RCC doctrine

Tit 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, especially they of the circumcision:
Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Tit 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,
2Co 6:18 and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Gal 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in--who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery--
Gal 2:5 to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.

2Pe 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.
2Pe 2:3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

I was going to comment after each quote but its been my experience that people who cant pick it out themselves do not 'want' to. They already know, but refuse to acknowledge.

Those people were right to not turn those children over to the RCC doctrine.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Jesus was very exclusive and still is.

Um... no. He was actually quite inclusive. He didn't look at one's religion, profession or purity.

He didn't ask that Roman centurion whose servant he cured if he was a good Christian or Jew.

He hung out with Zachiah, the tax collector, and Mary Magdalene, the prostitute.

He was much more inclusive, forgiving and tolerant than a lot of people who claim to be Christian today.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Um... no. He was actually quite inclusive. He didn't look at one's religion, profession or purity.

He didn't ask that Roman centurion whose servant he cured if he was a good Christian or Jew.

Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

This includes John the baptist, the 12 apostles, Mary, Joeseph, ...quite an impressive list that this roman is at the top of.
Faith in who?
Jesus Christ.
He didnt have to ask

Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

He hung out with Zachiah, the tax collector, and Mary Magdalene, the prostitute.

and he was there to commend them?
No.
Jesus was there to CHANGE THEM.
Why?
Because they were doing wrong

Mat 9:12 But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

He was much more inclusive, forgiving and tolerant than a lot of people who claim to be Christian today.

See my previous post and find the parts you missed and address them.

I will add this

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
rosary?

Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

not very inclusive

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

woah!
explain that one ehh

Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

Do you know who the Nicolaitanes are and what their doctrine was?
Start googling now. You will end up at the Roman Catholic church.

Now lets look at the John 3:16'ers in the following verse

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They case out devils, and did many other great works.
yet Jesus Christ said they would not be included in Heaven.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by jake1997]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Regarding the original topic of this thread, it seems to me that this "christian" adoption agency is a thinly veiled attempt to increase their ranks by raising these unwanted children as soldiers for their cause. Their primary concern, should be finding loving committed homes for children who have none, regardless of those homes' religious standings.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is a parrallel between some of Saint Paul's teachings, and those of the Buddha. For instance the famous "Love of money is the root of all evil" is actually 'desire is the root of all evil'. Radix Maloreum est Cupiditas. Cupiditas means selfish desire, but became translated as 'love of money' because it is sometimes used to denote greed.

Also St. Paul teaches to 'work out your salvation with fear and trembling', while the Buddha teaches to 'work out your salavation with greater diligence'. Saint Paul would've made a fine Buddhist, and I say that as a Christian.

I sometimes think that the only real difference between Buddhism and Christainity is that "The philosopher's soul is in his head, and the poet's in his heart'. 20th century existential man has a bias toward philosophy, so Buddhism becomes 'more accesable' to him.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

This includes John the baptist, the 12 apostles, Mary, Joeseph, ...quite an impressive list that this roman is at the top of.
Faith in who?
Jesus Christ.
He didnt have to ask

I'm not contesting that the centurion had faith in Jesus. I'm saying that Jesus didn't exclude him because he couldn't recite the Jewish profession of faith.

Mat 9:12 But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

In my life, I've seen people who were poor, unhappy or just plain lost. I tried to give them solace... not convert them. Think maybe Jesus was trying to do the same?

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
rosary?

It's called ritual. It's human. Jesus was probably just saying that once you've ordered your pizza, you don't need to stay on the phone till it's delivered. But was he saying "Don't do repetitive praying or you'll go to Hell" or "Guys, you only need to pray once, you don't have to overdo it"? I don't think God holds us in contempt for that. Besides, if God had contempt, he wouldn't be perfect and therefore wouldn't be god.

Mat 6:16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

I will never have any problem with people around me who are homosexuals or transgendered, as long as they are good souls. Same thing with people who have actually done something like drug or alcohol abuse, or even jail time, as long as they are good souls. But I will always have a problem with hypocrisy, meanness, pettiness or betrayal. Does not suffering hypocrits and people who are mean make me less "inclusive"?

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You're assuming that Jesus was saying the only way to serve God was to be a self-professed Christian. Then I guess that centurion who believed Jesus could cure his servant but wasn't a Christian - or a Jew - himself was going to Hell anyway.

They case out devils, and did many other great works.
yet Jesus Christ said they would not be included in Heaven.

You're taking those verses out of context, but I'll humor you for a moment by saying that with all the people your "God" is supposedly sending to Hell, I guess I'll be in good company. I look forward to it. Protestant Heaven looks boring.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Otts]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Just to back this statement - not by my own words but by a second one's study of the scripture - he was very inclusive.

It's man's tendency to exclude - not the Christ's. Don't put your unstewardship on the shoulders of the Savior. He's born enough of our shortcomings already.

[edit on 7-18-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Just to back this statement - not by my own words but by a second one's study of the scripture - he was very inclusive.

It's man's tendency to exclude - not the Christ's. Don't put your unstewardship on the shoulders of the Savior. He's born enough of our shortcomings already.

[edit on 7-18-2005 by Valhall]

Im sorry
We will just have to disagree here.

In no wise did Jesus ever heal anyone that did not beleive. It was always their faith that made them whole.

Show me scripture or there is no point in going on this avenue. I have shown scripture in my last 2 or 3 posts. Those words are from God

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

In no wise did Jesus ever heal anyone that did not beleive. It was always their faith that made them whole.

Show me scripture or there is no point in going on this avenue. I have shown scripture in my last 2 or 3 posts. Those words are from God

Are you just wanting to argue? No one said anything about not believing.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
But since you insist:

Matthew 8: 5-13:

5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6"Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."
7Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."

8The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

13Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

The centurion's servant was healed by the faith of his master. He never even met Jesus and we have no proof he'd even heard of him, let alone believed he was the Savior.

[edit on 7-19-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
then that would be inclusive

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
But since you insist:

Matthew 8: 5-13:

5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6"Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."
7Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."

8The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

13Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.

The centurion's servant was healed by the faith of his master. He never even met Jesus and we have no proof he'd even heard of him, let alone believed he was the Savior.

[edit on 7-19-2005 by Valhall]

I covered that in a previous post.
Please scroll up.

As for me and my house...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
jake you said:

Show me scripture or there is no point in going on this avenue.

I just did. There was no requirement of the servant in his healing. None whatsoever.

I don't care if the Roman centurion gets voted the most faithful of the eons. You said:

That would not be correct.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
why Jake1997, do you claim to know the heart of a Catholic? When they profess with their mouths that they believe in Jesus Christ as son of God and saviour of all mankind, why is that good enough for God but is not good enough for you?

Flyersfan, why do you seek to divide the body of Christ by giving credence to the rhetoric of the media and rare individuls? I believe the police would call it "inciting a riot" if not for the anonymity of this site. That's exactly what they want us to do. We're people of God, not slaves to this world. You want unity? Then close this thread.

What are we going to do when we get to Heaven? Fight until the end of time and forget where we're standing? That doesn't sound like the Heaven I've read about. While this bickering is going on, there's a lot of pain and suffering going on in the world. A lot right here even. So, while we're sitting here yelling across the table who's going to Heaven and who's not, we're missing a very key opportunity to do some good around here. So let's shake hands, hug, call each other brother/sister or whatever and get back to work. We're wasting precious time.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
Regarding the original topic of this thread, it seems to me that this "christian" adoption agency is a thinly veiled attempt to increase their ranks by raising these unwanted children as soldiers for their cause. Their primary concern, should be finding loving committed homes for children who have none, regardless of those homes' religious standings.

Well being adopted myself, Let me tell you this... There is no such thing as an UNWANTED Child. Some family out there wants a child that they biologicaly cannot have for themselves, there are thousands of barent couples that want to have the joy of raising a child.

Their primary concern.... Are you a Bible Believing Chrisitian? I'll asume no because of your nickname and your comment, but correct me if I am wrong. Then you have no idea what is primary concern to a Christian. That is for childrent to be raised in a Godly Home. If your a Christian you agree with Jesus who said "I am the way, the truth and the life" Why would you want then to put a child into a home who would rise him to contary to how the Bible would?

You say a loving and commited home, Well I seen many families, but the most loving caring I've ever seen are true Bible Believing Christian homes, so perhaps your point actualy makes mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join