It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLBM - a credible/reliable MAD?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yea well they may be reliable but im almost positive all of them arent in great condition. Some will fail. Besides, the US will take out your icbm's if you threaten us.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

quoted by Bataiso
can someone provide some details of credible SLBM forces (if any) besides US

Not that i want to get into this whole US vs China thing (God knows how many times it has been done here) but if you honestly think the US is the only nation with a credible SLBM force then you are a fool.

The UK has the Vanguard Submarines with Trident missiles and we maintain around 400 odd warheads. If that isn't "credible" then I don't know what is.

Then you have the French and the Russians....and as discussed, the Chinese are developing their own.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here are some details on the Royal Navy's Ballistic missile boats.

Royal Navy

HMS Vanguard

EDIT: To get pic working....

[edit on 19/7/05 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Royal Navy

Stum,

Do you get AWST? There was an interesting article last week about the Royal Navy mulling over building its own SLBM to replace the Trident do reduce its dependance on the US.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by stumason

Royal Navy

Stum,

Do you get AWST? There was an interesting article last week about the Royal Navy mulling over building its own SLBM to replace the Trident do reduce its dependance on the US.

Stum?
....nice....

What is AWST? Is that the e-mail newsletter thingy? I got one the other week...I think...let me check....

Seems i didn't "subscribe"...woops.

EDIT:I had heard that we were boosting funding by £1 Billion a year. But Trident is going to be inservice for another 20 years apparently, or maybe thats just the boats....will have to look into it.

I know we "lease" the missiles of you, but we make our own warheads. It's quite funny, coz if we actually use one, do we have to pay you more money for the missile as we "broke" it? Hmmmm....

[edit on 20/7/05 by stumason]

[edit on 20/7/05 by stumason]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join