It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bush Seattle!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Figures. Another republican about to blow a blood vessel with his "Where's my 'White Male Month' when he doesn't realize that he has it EVERY month.

Oh bite me! You dont' think I KNOW that! It's the proncipal of the thing. If these minorities did things that no one would know about unless we specially go over them on a designated month, then they obviously didn't do anything all that important. In otherwords, if you can go over the basic history of the US and leave most of the things these people did, then why do we need to know about them? I'm not downplaying what they did, I'm just saying that if it's not so major that we'd hear about it anyway... why are we making special time to talk about it? When Nikola Tesla gets the respect he diserves, I'll listen when someone talks about Hispanic history month (do they have that one?).

I have no problems with minorities outside the fact that I think they get special attention when they don't diserve it any more than I do.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Colonel,

There is no white history month. Serious. Its not every month, like so many whining liberals claim. there always whitey is evil stanic racist bashing month, but nothing that really looks and studies the problems and achievements, triumphs and defeat of white history. were talking about culture here.

little focus on pre christian europe, the pagan times of europe. half of white people have to real sense of what thier history was before jesus came and made europe a boring violent paranoid place. And all I hear in the media is white male bashing. Its really racist. Its like, to listen to them, every white male was a slave owning wife beating turd who was evil. Not so.

Look at Europe before the rise of christianity to see what I mean. It wasnt always that bad. And the only white males I knwo that are racist trash get thier asses kicked by other white males who dont want them spouting thier stupid crap. Why is it the only people I ever see protesting in mass against nazi rallies and speeches are almost entirely white guys?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How did we get from protesters in Wash. to white men are all racist?
Col. do you even know what a racist is? I mean really give me your definition!
Elf why do you hate Bush? Lets hear some real reason I mean one with meat on it cause I am going to hold you to the fire on it!! I dont want you to use any discriptions of the way you "FEEL" about it I want facts to support your hatred.
Just for the record I am white,I am male, My forefathers were slave owners and I'm not ashamned, I am a libertatian, I own several firearms and am quite handy with them, and I didnt vote for Bush!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
The only ones divided on ANYTHING about Bush are liberals who are crying and whining because we had to go to war. Grow up, thats how the world works you babies. Based on how most (not all... but most) of you think... I should be able to walk up to you and punch you in the face, and you shouldn't be able to do anything to me. In fact, I should be able to punch you several times, and based on how you think, you should only sit there and take it.

That's not the way it's supposed to work. There's supposed to be a reason to attack a country. You've obviously taken the disinfo campaign hook, line, and sinker. While there may be justification for attacking Afghanistan, there was none for attacking Iraq, and there still isn't.

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Satyr, I don't give a crap what their reason, or lack thereof, was... Saddam had it comin'... he was a vicious, immoral slayer of women and children (OF HIS OWN COUNTRY NONE THE LESS). I wouldn't give a crap if we nuked the piss out of him. I'm sorry innocent civilians got hurt in the process, but imagine how many more HE would've killed had he stayed in power. He even killed people for disagreeing with him killing people. The man was NUTS! Not only that, but his damb a$$ was given an out from the beginning... he even had a countdown... a L--O--N--G countdown, and never took it. Goes along the lines of "hate to say it, but I warned ya". Personally I think there are some other dictatos and evil people who should be taken out the same way. I hope N. Korea is next. I'd love to see that pompus, arrogant, lying, SOB, Kim Jong Il get his.

From the Chosun Journal:
He continues economic policies that have resulted in the deaths of a million of his people. In 1997 at the height of the famine he brought in Italian chefs and special ovens to make gourmet pizzas. This year he bought $340 million worth of military arms in part through selling North Korean political prisoners as gulag laborers to Russia all the while receiving $120 million in unmonitored foreign aid that is redirected to the elite and military. He perpetuates a cult of personality and punishes those who do not refer to his dead father in the present tense. He controls his starving population by imprisoning up to three generations of families whose descendants were Christians or from South Korea. He sends 100,000 N. Korean agents into China to assassinate South Korean missionaries and to infiltrate the underground railroad for N. Korean refugees. He prevents seven million North Koreans from reuniting temporarily with their relatives in the South after more than 50 years of separation. He directly ordered the terrorist bombing of KAL flight 858 and routinely orders the kidnapping of South Korean and Japanese citizens.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What makes you think any of that info you've been spoon fed is really accurate? There's quite a bit of evidence that it's not entirely accurate. Besides, it's not our place to police the world. Fu*k them! I could care less if they want to kill each other. It was none of our business 15 years ago, and it's none of our business now. Well, now it is our business. Bush made damn sure of that. Expect retaliation. Expect more innocent Americans to die due to these surprise attacks from which we can't defend ourselves from by attacking the wrong countries. Hell, we can't even defend ourselves by attacking the supposed right country!
Nothing has been accomplished. If you don't believe that, just wait and see. Let me know how much good you think it's done after the next terrorist attack.

BTW, go to this thread, scroll up a bit and read my post on the Kurds and Kuwait. I was corrected on the Kurds incident, but you'll get the general idea, I think. Info has been withheld, big time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How on earth does your little meter there read nearly tranquil? You're paranoid as h*ll!

Not our place? Fu*k them? Let them kill eachother?

They're not killing eachother, it's their government, from which they have no protection, who is killing THEM, the killing doesn't go both ways!

"Hell, we can't even defend ourselves by attacking the supposed right country!"

The Admiral of the Japaneese Pacific fleet durring WWII was asked (after the war) why he did not order a full invasion of the west coast of the US since he had hundreds of thousands of troops on hundreds of ships right near by. His answer was (not an exact quote):

"We knew every other household in america had a gun in it, we were not about to invade a nearly fully armed populous."

(EAT THAT ANTI-GUN PEOPLE, THE NUMBER OF GUNS IN THIS COUNTRY'S CIVILIAN POPULATION SAVED US FROM A FULL [and otherwise unstopable] INVASION)

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
That's gotta be one of the biggest loads of crap I've heard in awhile.

Also, Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor. There are plenty of testimonies that state he knew the time and date of the attack in advance, yet did nothing because he needed a reason to get involved in the war. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but even if he had warned them of the attack, there still would've been reason enough to retaliate, without letting Americans get slaughtered. Unfortunately, people don't support war as readily, unless lots of people get killed. Similarly, Bush wanted war, IMO. It's not about our safety. It's about freaking oil. Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11, still....nor were they any threat to the US.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't think you understand how this world works. It's a sorry state of affairs, but war is the only way to peace nowadays. Since when has sitting down and talking with a nutbag dictator done anything but delay conflict? I'm registered for the draft and am willing to fight if the S hits the fan and we've got to take some evil @$$hole out of power. I'm glad you're content sitting back and watching others die and not sacrifice crap to help them... way to live life... let someone else suffer as long as it doesn't get me involved. (people like you disgust me, you're against war, and yet your statements suggest that you're for allowing others to be slaughtered)

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Man, do you know how many places in this world have it worse than Iraq did??? How many of those places are we attacking? Zero! We never cared before. We don't care now. They've fooled you into thinking that aggression is compassion. You've been duped. There's something I tell people all the time, that still reigns true, whether you want to believe it or not. This is the cold truth about human nature.

No one really cares about people they don't know.

If you claim that you do, I'm going to call you a liar. Sure, no one wants to think about a crapload of people dying. That's just not a pleasant thought. Why? Because they relate it to the thought, "What if it was someone I knew?" And, quite honestly, that's about as close to actually caring as they're going to get for those unknown people.

Did you know anyone who died in 9/11? If not, did you cry for those who died? Did you feel anything but shock? Unless you lived in NYC, or knew someone who was killed, probably not. After all, feeling that bad for someone's death requires that you knew them on a personal level.

Until Bush started flinging accusations around, no one gave a flying fu*k about Iraqis. After all, how many Iraqis civilians did you know?
No one even considered them to have anything to do with 9/11, and rightfully so! They were about as involved in the attack as Africa was.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Did you know anyone who died in 9/11? If not, did you cry for those who died? Did you feel anything but shock? Unless you lived in NYC, or knew someone who was killed, probably not. After all, feeling that bad for someone's death requires that you knew them on a personal level.

No, I did not know anyone who died, but yes, I cried histarically. You could ask my mother if you knew her, I called her up that morning (got the machine) and could hardly talk I was so upset. I'm not lying. I was so angry and so overwhealmed at the outright hatred I'd just whitnessed and the pure loss of life I'd just seen with my own eyes that I cried... HARD... and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I really can't even explain why... when I saw the second tower collapse and the skyline empty except for smoke, I just lost it. Maybe you just need to grow a heart.

Until Bush started flinging accusations around, no one gave a flying fu*k about Iraqis. After all, how many Iraqis civilians did you know?

Actually I've been waiting for Saddam to get his ever since the Gulf War. Until they SAID it was Bin Laden, my first thought was... that was either Saddam or China(didn't really think it was China, that's not their style, but they were mad at us at the time cuz we were trying to stop them from messing with Thyland.)

Maybe I'm just over compassionate when it comes to these matters, but I DO care. Call me a liar if you want, but I care.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You guys need to bone up on this situation let me give some help here!
Why was an invasion of Iraq necessary?
Because of many reasons:
1. on a philosopical level because tyranny in any form is the enemy of freedom, It is the duty of the US to defend freedom.
2. for stability in the region. This area is a powder keg for nuclear war IF Iraq was allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon Israel would be required to act for its own survival
3. to send a message to the other tyrants in the area "this could happen to you! get straight!"
4. to send a message to the rest of the world "we are pissed off and when we get pissed we must unleash the sword of freedom on somebody get in line it could be you next!!!!"

This thing is on so many levels it cant be reduced to a few post on a message board. BUT what can be reduced is that in general support for the war comes down to a question of "Do you like GWB?" and that is not acceptable. This is backed up by the fact that during the previous administration the loudest oponents of the current war were very much in favor of the missile attacks (a waste of time in my opin.) You must examine the entire situation and set aside your emotional responses for a logical approach!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRENADIER
You guys need to bone up on this situation let me give some help here!
Why was an invasion of Iraq necessary?
Because of many reasons:
1. on a philosopical level because tyranny in any form is the enemy of freedom, It is the duty of the US to defend freedom.

Jesus!!! Are you that blind? The US gov't isn't even an advocate of freedom anymore!!! They just continue to claim they are.

2. for stability in the region. This area is a powder keg for nuclear war IF Iraq was allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon Israel would be required to act for its own survival

If, if , if, if , if.....
If we attacked everyone based on "IF", we would be attacking everyone. That's a dangerous new policy.

3. to send a message to the other tyrants in the area "this could happen to you! get straight!"

It's partially our governments fault, though. They've been meddling in their business for far too long. We'd attack too, if they meddled in our business. Aren't we attacking Iraq now on the pretense that they might(and that's a big might) supply terrorists with weapons? Yet, we supplied many weapons to all of those countries at one time or another.

4. to send a message to the rest of the world "we are pissed off and when we get pissed we must unleash the sword of freedom on somebody get in line it could be you next!!!!"

That's the same message they were trying to send to us. Did it work?

BUT what can be reduced is that in general support for the war comes down to a question of "Do you like GWB?"

No, it has nothing to do with whether I like our president. It has everything to do with basing our reasons for attacks on real evidence. Pre-emptive strikes based on hunches are the beginning of our downfall. They're driven by shear paranoia, and are definitely not warranted. As I said, this is a dangerous new policy.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That's the same message they were trying to send to us. Did it work?

You tell me? Who lost and is hiding in the hills or some bunker in the middle east?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Are you really naive enough to believe they won't attack again? We've only made them angrier, IMO. It's only a matter of time. Like I said, after the next attack, come and tell me we've accomplished anything.

What I meant was, what did we learn? Are we saying, "Whoa, these people are mad! They must be right!"? Hell no! We're saying they're freaking crazy and they all need to die. That's exactly what they think of us. Scare tactics and killing isn't going to change that, It's only going to make it worse. Especially attacking a country that wasn't even involved. They all think we're a loose canon now.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Whoa, these people are mad! They must be right!"?

What kind of ignorant bull are you trying to throw at me? Just cuz they're angry they're right? MAN you're diluted.

They all think we're a loose canon now.

GOOD!

One more major terrorist attack on this nation will bring down hellfire and brimstone from the American PEOPLE. "VENGEANCE" will be screamed from every home and anyone who stands in our way had better be prepared to face a wrath and a might never seen on this planet. The greatest military force on earth will be brough down like a hammer of retribution and the skies of our enemies' nations will be black with nuclear smoke.

At least that's the way I hope it goes... if not, the people of this nation have no balls anymore. If we stand for another attack without declaring all out war, that will be the day I'll be ashamed of my nation.

I won't stand there and let someone punch me in the face without at least TRYING to beat the living F out of him. Would you? Probably not... why? Because if you don't stop them, they'll probably do it again. We're not dealing with rational human beings here, we're dealing with monsters he!l bent on our destruction no matter the cost. Unless we adopt the same notion if/when we are attacked again, the nation will begin to crumble appart.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven

"Whoa, these people are mad! They must be right!"?

What kind of ignorant bull are you trying to throw at me? Just cuz they're angry they're right? MAN you're diluted.

Isn't that what you're saying. A show of extreme anger on our part will show them the error of their ways? I'm saying it sure as hell didn't work for them, did it? We're still ignoring the error of our ways. Our foreign policy, to be specific.

GOOD!

One more major terrorist attack on this nation will bring down hellfire and brimstone from the American PEOPLE. "VENGEANCE" will be screamed from every home and anyone who stands in our way had better be prepared to face a wrath and a might never seen on this planet. The greatest military force on earth will be brough down like a hammer of retribution and the skies of our enemies' nations will be black with nuclear smoke.

At least that's the way I hope it goes... if not, the people of this nation have no balls anymore. If we stand for another attack without declaring all out war, that will be the day I'll be ashamed of my nation.

I won't stand there and let someone punch me in the face without at least TRYING to beat the living F out of him. Would you? Probably not... why? Because if you don't stop them, they'll probably do it again. We're not dealing with rational human beings here, we're dealing with monsters he!l bent on our destruction no matter the cost. Unless we adopt the same notion if/when we are attacked again, the nation will begin to crumble appart.

Yep, we'll attack every country we even suspect to have any hatred for us! That'll learn 'em, won't it? Man, you're not right at all. You sound like you're hoping for WWIII.
You're the one who's not rational, if that's the way you think. That old "punch in the face" rhetoric is getting so old. Iraq hasn't punched you in the face. What will it take to get that through your thick skull?

Since you love that rhetoric so much, let me put it this way. If one of your neighbors who lived down the street didn't get along with you, would you just go punch him in the face because you thought he might punch you in the face one day, even though you have no reason to believe he will? Might as well punch him first, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
........Yellowstone will blow it's top and Bush will be stopped by an act of GAWD.Ya never know....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
AHHHHH the old neighbor down the street ploy!!
If your neighbor lifts his fist to strike you you do not have to feel the blow in order to strike back!!

Saddam has already struck the first blow in '91 this has been a long and protracted affair you tend to forget that the Iraqis are living under the terms of a CEASE FIRE!! the first Gulf war was never ended this is just a continuation of the hostilities.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I give up. I can't reason with you.
You're brainwashed from the word go.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join