It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 3 and Movie Thoughts, Theories, and Ideas:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What do ya'll think about the upcoming Halo 3 and Movie. Like for the movie:

What do u think it will, or should, be about?
Should it be in real life or computerized?
Weapons?
Characters?

And game:

What do u think it will, or should, be about?
Multiplayer?
Weapons?
Characters?

I am veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry sure I know much of the story.

1. At the end of Halo 2, the Moniter talks about the "Ark" like where is and all, and then it goes straight to the Master Cheif headed to Earth.

2. In the books and all, the Covenant have destroyed Human Planets, but y not Earth??? If they want to destroy the Human Race, wouldn't destroying our Homeworld be a crushing blow???

All leads to 1 thing....................

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Since the hot August day years ago when Halo 2 was first announced, I visited this board. Once Halo 2 came and disappointed and went, I stopped. But if you want to discuss Halo, do it there. You can also read up on the countless old threads containing people's ideas.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'll bet that either A. We're going to team up with the covenant to fight the flood and the covenant are going to have a revolution, or B. We'll beat the covenant once and for all, that is until Halo 4 when we find out they weren't the real covenant or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Video games made movies usually mean bad news. Remember... Super Mario Brothers, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, etc..

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah I'm expecting disaster. I mean Halo is basically just going to end up as a watered down version of Starship Troopers. Halo is a video game, and it's fun because it's a video game. However Halo has nowhere near enough dialogue to make for a good movie. Not to mention the game isn't so much about the storyline, it's about the action. 95% of my time playing Halo is just shooting aliens, not being immersed in the storyline (it's a good plot, but it doesn't stand out much). Taking away the expirience of shooting that elite for yourself instead of watching some CGI character do some fancy Hollywood crap doing it for you is what makes games so much more fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I mean Halo is basically just going to end up as a watered down version of Starship Troopers.

LOL, someone agrees with me! We if you think about it Halo is just starship troopers.

Starship Troopers

Halo

hmmmmm......

Starship Troopers CG Show [2000]

Halo

I think I proved my point.

GoldEagle

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well they made resident evil into a pretty wicked movie. And everyone needs to get inspiration from somewhere right? (in this case.. starship troopers)

and I KNOW that in Halo 3 theres gonna be lots of fighting on earth. Its plainly obvious where the Ark is... its too bad they didnt do a good job of hiding it.
anyway Ill bet the ark is in the pyramids on the nile or something.

I also have a prediction that Cortana will DIE. yes, you heard me.

She is stuck with that huge flood/venus fly trap looking thing (I think its name is Gravemind, someone clarify that if possible..)

as far as new weapons go, Id love new guns, but dont you think it would be really sudden for them to be pumping out new assault rifles while fighting off the covenant??

Its gonna be one twisted game once it comes out.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
Well they made resident evil into a pretty wicked movie. And everyone needs to get inspiration from somewhere right? (in this case.. starship troopers)

and I KNOW that in Halo 3 theres gonna be lots of fighting on earth. Its plainly obvious where the Ark is... its too bad they didnt do a good job of hiding it.
anyway Ill bet the ark is in the pyramids on the nile or something.

I also have a prediction that Cortana will DIE. yes, you heard me.

She is stuck with that huge flood/venus fly trap looking thing (I think its name is Gravemind, someone clarify that if possible..)

as far as new weapons go, Id love new guns, but dont you think it would be really sudden for them to be pumping out new assault rifles while fighting off the covenant??

Its gonna be one twisted game once it comes out.

I agree, and congrates man!!! I even have a fact 2 back it up:

The 1st cinemate in Halo 3 will b 1000s of yrs b4 2552.

hmm...........

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Anybody ever read Chariots of the God's? Sounds like they did a bit of borrowing.

Anyhow anybody think the Ark is a reference to that one with the Ten Commandments? You know that Ark of the Covenant thingy mentioned in the Bible a good few times.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think Halo would make a good movie. I don't know which part of the storylien they would use. Would thye start at the begginning and go through? Start at some other point?

About Halo 3, I can't wait that's the main reason I'm getting an xbox 360 first instead of a ps3.New weaposn would be cool. Maybe a flamethrower. And bring back the ATV that never made it into the game.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It would b cool 4 a movie, but yeah, they're going 2 have to make up a lot more dialog 4 it. A LOT!!! lol In the game, u wouldn't want to hear much when ur trying to concentrate on killing, so it would b a complete turn around. Oh well. That's fine with me.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ahhh, people have been stealing ideas for years from older things. In Halo's case there are many references to the bible, Chariots of the God's. Not to metion the stealing from Star Ship Troopers, Star Wars, etc. Just like the Flinstones stole the idea from the Honeymooners.

[edit on 7/25/2005 by GoldEagle]

new topics

top topics

join