It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Space Crafts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know a lot of people are suggesting that it would be nearly impossible to have a secret black space program because of the noise, rockets produce. It is true they can be seen hundereds of miles away.

Something more fundamental. Anything that reaches space is also trackable via radar so I can tell you now that the Russians/Chinese would know about it, indeed most Western nations would know about it

I can say this with absolutely no doubt whatsoever, and Im not allowed to say how I know this but the UK has radar which can track objects in space to the following degree. A few years ago an astronaut lost a tool while assembling the ISS and didn't know where it was. A British radar had picked this new object up and had tracked the minute he had dropped it allowing Mission Control to locate it. The object itself was a screwdriver. That is how acurate Western Radars were a few years ago (roughly 6-7 yrs) so imagine what they can do now.

What I am saying is that to remain hidden, any spacecraft would have to be stealth as wel in order to remain hidden and looking at the power of the current US public stealth technology I do not doubt this.

An additional point about the launches. Need to clear several thousand kilometers of airspace and ground of people so they can't see the rocket? Then use Antartica, the only uninhabited continant on the planet.

I do not doubt that the US has a secret black Space program. Just looking at what Rutan did with his few million makes me too wonder what the US could do with a few spare Billion floating about.

<< 1  2   >>

join