It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patersons Fakes....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah lots of people have heard about and read the "Patterson said so in his will!" argument.

Like I said a stupid tabloid ran it soon as he died.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have researched this quite a bit and have not found any conclusive evidence debunking it, other than someone claiming to have worn the suit (theres a thread on it) and someone else making some other claims that he knows who made it, but cannot produce the suit.
To sell a book no less!

Debunking book stomps on Bigfoot footage

A rather good resource for this type of thing is Loren Coleman's website, as he is considered to be the foremost cryptozoological researcher in the world. He also owns the only cryptozoological museum in the world, which has nothing to do with the topic.

www.lorencoleman.com...

I also searched Snopes.com for the debunking, but didnt find anything there.

And as has been previously stated, I have only heard people say "I thought I heard..." etc... about the deathbed-will thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final_Wave
One of my cousins works at the Ft. Worth zoo. A while ago I spent a summer at their house and spent most of my days at the zoo for fun. I loved watching the gorillas and the monkeys the most and always remembered the weird way they walked. The weirdest thing though is that they couldn't turn their heads without having to turn almost all of their upper body.

This same 'weird' walk I see in the Patterson film. Not just that, but if you download the film and watch you will see that when it turns it head it uses almost all of it's upper body as well, just like a gorilla. If it is faked, the faker had a good knowledge of how gorillas/big apes move.

BUT, just go to the zoo and learn... Not some information which is hard to obtain.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's more than just 'going to the zoo' to learn. I spent months there and didn't really pick up on the way they turned their entire upper torso until the very end of my stay. Sure, if the film is a hoax the hoaxers could have done the same thing but this is just one piece of additional realism that adds to the overall believability of the film.

I don't know if the film is the hoax nor do I know if it is 'the real deal'. Some experts have pointed out realistic muscle movements, supposedly showing that the creature is indeed a real creature. If that's the case, we have the possibilities of a real creature rather than someone in a suit.

If it's a hoax, it's one of the best ones ever made. The person(s) behind it had excellent knowledge of big apes, and quite possibly one of the most advanced 'gorilla' suits ever made (if indeed it is a suit, it blows away the cheesy planet of the apes costumes).

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen the show Mysterious Encounters on OLN. Came on yesterday at ten. Its a show were they use the latest technology to try and film BF.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Has anyone ever seen the show Mysterious Encounters on OLN. Came on yesterday at ten. Its a show were they use the latest technology to try and film BF.

I wasn't able to catchit(the show).
Did you msee it?
Did anyone see it?
Did they "catch" big foot on film?
ARe their any links to a video of him?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ive been an avid bf researcher for some time now. i found one of the best versions of the PG film here it has the whole thing steadied, zooms in on the head and face during the infamous 'look' and replays footage where the back muscles are most visible. also at the end it shows the right hand opening and closing

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Excellent topic.
I have been researching (on-line anyway) "bigfoot" For many years. Below are some links that you may want to look at.

Coordinates to the location of the Patterson-Gimlin Film are here. If you look towards the bottom you will see some enhanced footage. I think it's the same one DarkDude is talking about. It's quite well done.

Here also is an excellent article about the patterson film.

Whether it's truly real or not you have to gave Patterson credit for creating a very interesting film.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Pass]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
wow that uncropped clip is amazing! it almost looks to me like the creature starts running when patterson starts chasing it. thanks for that link pass, i had never seen that footage before. and i agree, if it is a fake, everyone involved should get an award for that performance. when it was filmed, they couldnt even imagine that someday people would be using computors and 3d models to examine it. unless they had some amazing insight into future film making, they probably couldnt have thought of ways to make it appear so real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join