It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika Buildings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellfire3
Trinityman....wonder where you got the picture of that vase.

Er... I'm afraid I can't remember. I seem to be losing the ability to edit mine own posts so I can't go in and check the link. Perhaps one of the Mods will... and while they're at it they can let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

The symbols there are actually not of swastika but of saustika. Looks the same but saustika is actually the mirror image of a swastika.
In Hindu culture, saustika is connected with mysticism, magic, bad luck and curses, whereas the swastika is one of good fortune.

How interesting - I had no idea. I doubt the difference is meaningful to todays neo-nazi subculture or the extreme edge of the conspiracy movement, but I agree it's interesting how it got to Ancient Greece.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Exactly, the swastika isn't an item of just Nazism.

Almost every culture has or had a variant of a swastika, even the Jews.

However the Nazi's tilted their symboy. Just like these buildings

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The official website for the base states the following under its history section....

"The Naval Amphibious Base (NAB), Coronado was established in 1943 after the land was literally created from the dredging of San Diego Bay done to allow large ships used in World War II to steam into Naval Station San Diego. It is the only Naval amphibious base on the West Coast. The amphibious base includes 5,500 yards of Pacific Ocean and bayside beachfront that is used for training. This area, along with 2,000 yards of Pacific Ocean beachfront on the Silver Strand, provide operators with 7,500 yards of expansive beaches, unique topography, and on-base facilities that encompass a critical area for amphibious and clandestine training in support of littoral, unconventional, and special warfare operations. NAB is the home to over 30 tenant commands with a population of approximately 5,000 personnel, including major commands such as Commander, Naval Surface Force Pacific (COMNAVSURFPAC), Commander Naval Special Warfare (SPECWAR) Command and the Commander Expeditionary Warfare Training Group (EWTG) Pacific. NAB is also the home of the Navy's Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) Team."

Source www.nbc.navy.mil...

In 1943 I am sure the swastika was fresh on everyones minds

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have done a lot of searching to find the story behind the swastika building located at [32 40'34.09" N, 117 09'27.96 W]

one source says that the buildings are called "The Seals Lair"

according to this web site:

www.nasni.navy.mil...

The Navy built these barracks in the shape of a swastika, sometime during or after 1943. - Before it was associated with Nazi Germany.
Apparently they were originaly for the U.S. Navy SEALs

For the next challenge:

At the same base, what are these buildings?

These are shaped as an [url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=32+40%2734.09%22+N,+117+09%2727.96+W&ie=UTF8&ll=32.698229,-117.186844&spn=0.004126,0.010729&t=k&om=1]SS[/ url]

[edit on 23-8-2006 by skid]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It might have been an old symbol that meant something else a long time ago but the current meaning is something dark and evil no one in the right mind would make a mistake or coincedence in building it this way- come on!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skid

The Navy built these barracks in the shape of a swastika, sometime during or after 1943. - Before it was associated with Nazi Germany.
Apparently they were originaly for the U.S. Navy SEALs

Maybe you need to do some more research.

The Navy SEa, Air Land(s) didn't come into existence until President Kennedy said they should. Now, he may have been doing his bit in the Pacific aboard PT 109 back in the early '40s, but that didn't include founding the US Navy's contribution to Spec Ops.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
they have allocated 600,000$ to make landscaping and architectural changes to try to camoflauge the shape of the building. Changes are budgeted for the next fiscal year which starts Oct 1st

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why would you build a post WW2 building in the shape of a swastika and on a Military Base no matter what connections that symbol has had in the past with other cultures/beliefs it will always be seen as a Nazi symbol

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
First, does it really matter? I mean is our hands behind our back in designing buildings due to peoples fear of a 'symbol' that a) cannot be seen by anyone.

I mean this is probably about good layout of a building, making for nice court yards, etc...no sinister plan.

Also, it could be about U.F.O.s (I mean if we are going to make a conspiracy, let it be for a worthy cause.)

Think about it...alien life looking for 'life' in our galaxy...they zoom in and see geometrical, angular shapes such as the pentagon, etc. They realize its not organic and speculate that there must be life on this planet. - much in the same way that we think we see a face or a pyramid on mars. - signpost.

But, who knows what is behind the intent of the design and layout of the buildings.
Point is, not to be so quick to put so much power to words and 'symbols'. We humans tend to make ideas stronger than us...to much of our power is given away to fear.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H... it will always be seen as a Nazi symbol

As my above post pointed out...why should it always be seen that way?
We need some flexibility in life, or our planet (or humans at least) will shrivel up and die.

To much 'hate' and negativity are put into objects, ideas, etc., and keep the fear lingering in peoples minds. Like the Hat Fields and McCoys (spelling?) one day the great grandkids will forget why they hate...but "darn it, its because that their swastika.)

Time to live...time to breath...life is good.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

But shouldnt the Swasika be left as a reminder to future generations of mans capabilty for evil?
becuse whenever i see a swastika i think of Nazi's and Nazi's were evil right?

Can you imagine 50 years into the future some govenment or political party useing a swastika as it emblem what kind of people would vote for them ....whould you? i wouldnt

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
But shouldnt the Swasika be left as a reminder to future generations of mans capabilty for evil?

As unfortunate as it is, I think that mans capacity for evil is in front of us daily.

Im not sure it has to always be shown in the extreme, in order for us to remember.
To some degree it may make what appears to be 'lesser' crimes feel...well "lesser."
When in actuality, its more like desensitizing a populace.

In other words, instead of seeing that what they are doing isnt all that beneficial for either themselves or for the human race, their deeds will be based upon: "well it isnt as bad as..."

Not sure I said this as clear as I would have liked (its late on this side of the world, and Im getting a bit tired.)

So in a sense, I think we have left a collective mark, so to speak, on this world for future generations to remember us by...

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 26-9-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

No No i get your point if we keep useing the swastika as a symbol of evil does it destract us from what realy is evil in the world.......at least thts wht i think you ment

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
reply to post by dAlen

No No i get your point if we keep useing the swastika as a symbol of evil does it destract us from what realy is evil in the world.......at least thts wht i think you ment

kind of sorta...but not really. - Ive never been one to communicate clearly

Its more like a fuel, so to speak.
For an example, Hitler isnt even as evil as 'Hitler' is.
Yes great atrocities are done, but typically we assign them to names, events, etc.

When we do so, we tend to 'forget' what we are doing ourselves.
i.e. nuking Japan twice in WWII killing many innocent with a horrible aftermath as if it were some science project.

Also, the people in Gaza... Ever notice that sanctions tend to hurt the wrong people?
The leaders of Gaza are running around in Armani suits (well, maybe not Armani) and eating well (they dont looked starved when you see them in the news) - the very people that 'pose a threat' are the ones running around like nothing happened.
- But the people, on the other hand...are starving, dieing, etc.

The same people that make wars, are the same ones that put peoples attention into "symbols" of yester-year, while true atrocities are happening in front of our eyes.
All the while we scream, "never again."

Perhaps this is not articulate in a manner which most people would catch on to right away. - Im not that proficient with 'news speak'

But perhaps it paints a clearer picture. - the only evil that happens, is happening now.
(Same with good...it all happens in the present moment.)

Also think of the hate that comes from the fear...which leads to more fighting.
The guys after WWII that hated the Japs...so prejudice builds up.

We do this with color also.
The guy who was permanently injured by a 'colored' person that was drunk and so he hates all 'colored' people.

There is so much fear and hate going around, we dont need help putting it into objects/symbols that can continue to feed the hate and fear throughout the centuries.

Poland is a good example.
Recently the president (or P.M., cant remember), publicly stated that they would have more people if it werent for Germany. (This was in regards to getting more E.U. votes. - which is based on a countries populace.)
So here we are in the year 2007 - Poland is part of the E.U., and they are digging up the past in order to try and garner more 'voting power'.

What is the truth? The truth is that a large majority of Poles fled to the U.K. when Poland was accepted into the E.U. - better opportunity. So instead of blaming his lousy economy, and living conditions, he blamed the Germans. (Sure, he may have had more population if you take what he said in account...but at sometime we have to move forward, or history will repeat itself.)

The argument, as he stated it, could be used by anyone, at anytime in history...the blame always goes somewhere else...it goes where it is needed to help push forward an 'egoic' agenda.

...but with this, I will stop.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 26-9-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"CORONADO, Calif. -- The Navy will spend as much as $600,000 to modify a 40-year-old barracks complex that resembles a swastika from the air, a gaffe that went largely unnoticed before satellite images became easily accessible on the Internet. The Navy said officials noted the buildings' shape after the groundbreaking in 1967 but decided against changing it at the time because it wasn't obvious from the ground. Aerial photos recently made available on Google Earth have revealed the buildings' shape".

visit link:

www.washingtonpost.com.../asection

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join