It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I'm technology challenged.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Today I helped my mother who is 70 years old learn how to use the caller ID on her phone. She pretended she knew but did not, I finally helped her go through it and I was right she did not but does now know how to use the caller ID. This is something that most of you grew up with technology but she on the other hand did not and has to make an effort to learn. I realized after this experience that I am similar in some ways, there are a lot of things that are on the market today that I have no idea what it is for, much less how to use it. Anyone know of any websites that teach these things, like for isntance whats an mp3 player? Whats a podcast or ipod thingie? I think you probably get the idea and before anyone says anything yes I can program my VCR to show the time anyway. LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
An MP3 player is a music device, similiar to a CD Player or Walkman in that it's a portable Music Player. The difference with this is that A. It's very small B. You can buy tracks on the Internet and put them on your MP3 player and listen to Dozens to Hundreds of CD's worth of music without having stacks and stacks of CD's or Casettes(or vinyl
)

For anything else technology related just check out

www.wikipedia.org... and use the search function for anything you require(it's on the left hand side)

www.google.com... and Google is the place to go if Wikipedia doesn't have it.

For NEWS on all the top gadjets to keep up to date on the Next Big Thing(TM)
These sites are good.

www.wired.com...
www.technovelgy.com...

A Podcast is like a Radio broad cast except you download it to an MP3 player or onto your computer and listen to it at your leisure.

An IPod is a type of proprietary MP3 device made by Apple, it sucks looks good but sucks just leave it at that

[edit on 15-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That explains how come mp3 players are so popular. I will check out the links. Thanks so much.

join